Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Stress relief ... my organic garden

erykah1310
May 1st, 2007, 04:51 PM
Well I really needed something to keep my mind on track lately so I got a head start on my organic garden. I went out to the fire pit and gathered some soot and put it in a few garbage bags for later.
And I started up my organic seeds today... I cant wait.
So far I have planted some Broccoli, lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, cantelope, dill and thyme.
I have to head out and get some more seeds but my spare room is full right now lol

I'll post pictures as things develop.

Frenchy
May 1st, 2007, 05:04 PM
I have a stress relief thing too......I guess it's organic too :D

happycats
May 1st, 2007, 05:30 PM
I have a stress relief thing too......I guess it's organic too :D

LMAO!!!:crazy: you bad girl, oh well we all have our :evil:

I enjoy gardening, and the odd drink:D

Can't wait to see pics of you seedlings erykah

Prin
May 1st, 2007, 07:24 PM
Ooo cool!! I hope everything turns out. :)

trippincherri
May 1st, 2007, 08:51 PM
Good luck with the garden!
I have flower and herb beds in my yard and I can just sit for hours and pluck weeds or just look at it all.
Every morning in the spring I am outside like a little kid at X-mas looking to see what else has come up :rolleyes:
It is a great stress reliever.....yours too Frenchy lol, not that I would know or anything (insert whistling innocent looking smiley HERE)

Frenchy
May 1st, 2007, 08:53 PM
Well of course I was talking about the soya fields behind my house :rolleyes: (altough I think this year will be corn)

trippincherri
May 1st, 2007, 08:56 PM
Soy works miracles for stress.....in case any of you didn't know.
Corn works well too....if thats your kinda "thing" .
:D

Stacer
May 1st, 2007, 09:41 PM
Yeah, gardening is very cathartic. I work in a conservation nursery (but only for 3 more day then I start my new job) and we don't use herbicdes very much so we spend alot of time on our hands and knees pulling weeds from the seed beds and hoeing between the rows of trees in the fields. Lots of time to think or not think. But definitely stress relieving.
Can't wait to see the pics.

hazelrunpack
May 1st, 2007, 10:38 PM
Gardening is pretty stressful for me. My thumb is green, but only because of the mold. Moldy thumb gardening consists of lots and lots of composting and very little greenery :o But I'm tryin' again this year!:thumbs up

rainbow
May 2nd, 2007, 01:31 AM
Good luck, Erykah. :fingerscr My green thumb is the same kind as Hazels's. :eek: But, I don't have as much patience as her so I've given up. :sad: