Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Three Answers

rainbow
April 29th, 2007, 04:55 PM
I finally got an answer from Peter at Champion Pet Foods to the three questions I asked him:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 04:24:12 -0600

Hello ******* – please see reply below (sorry for lateness)!

Please write again with further questions,

Peter

Hi Peter

I have a few questions:

1. Did you remove the K3 from your foods because of research you did or because of consumer pressure?

Consumer pressure. We think the verdict is still out on this ingredient. On the other hand, it did not reduce the quality of our formulations to remove the ingredient, and there is a LOT of consumer pressure....

2. Do we have to ensure that our pets drink enough water when being fed a high protein grain free food like Orijen?

No more than with any other food as pets have a natural instinct to drink water as needed (especially dogs). That said, with all foods, people should be advised to keep FRESH, CLEAN water available at all times. People will notice that their pets will drink more water, as ORIJEN is a nutrient dense food. This is a natural and healthy response to nutrient dense foods.

3. Are you in the process of launching a bison or venison based Orijen formula?

Not until the end of the year. We are currently launching ORIJEN 6 FISH AND SEA VEGETABLES (www.championpetfoods.com)

Prin
April 29th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Hmm... http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/verwirrt/hum.gif

rainbow
April 29th, 2007, 05:10 PM
I have been wanting to ask Peter the K3 question for quite a while. Now, I am also going to ask Michele at Petcurean the same question. I was the one who first started bugging them to remove it when I read the info at Mordanna's website.

Scary
May 1st, 2007, 11:59 AM
Hmm... http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/verwirrt/hum.gif

What part has got you scratching your head Prin? Do share... :) (Great emote too)