Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Trip to Paris!

Smiley14
April 29th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Hi guys! Sorry I've been MIA for a while! My computer died on me, so I had no internet connection for a while. Finally got my new computer literally two hours before getting on a plane for my trip to Paris! So I've been in Paris for the last 10 days and now that I'm back, I'm working on getting my new computer set up. So now that I finally have internet access again, thought I'd share a few pics! :)
I ended up returning my Panasonic camera and got the Canon S3, LOVE it! I'm not very good at taking pictures, but took over 600 while I was there! So way too many to post, LOL, but I zipped and uploaded a few to share.

http://h1.ripway.com/loveconquers/Paris.zip

These pics are a smattering of some of the things we did, a boat tour on the Seine, Eiffel Tower, Louvre museum, Notre Dame, Sainte Chapelle, Versailles, etc. Sorry if I'm spelling some of these places wrong by the way, my French is terrible, and I'm fighting major jetlag at the moment! :)

We also went to the Jules Verne Festival and they had Lex from Smallville there and Sylar from Heroes! Tom Welling was supposed to be there, but he ended up not making it at the last minute. But it was still cool to see Michael and the other guy, can't remember his name at the moment. :) Michael was so funny! We were way up on the third floor balcony and it was very dark and flash was not allowed, so my pictures didn't turn out very well. But I got some at least! :) So that's what those fuzzy pictures of the guys on stage are. :)

The weather was perfect the whole time, so that was really nice! I have a friend that lives there, so I went there to visit. Very cool!

My sister babysat Billy and Petey for me while I was away. I missed them so much! They've been sticking to me like glue all day now, LOL! Guess I was missed too. :)

Steph

jiorji
April 29th, 2007, 02:31 PM
PARIS!!!!!!!!!!aaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccccckkk so jealous!

LOOOOOOOVE Paris!!!!:cloud9:

jiorji
April 29th, 2007, 02:33 PM
i saw the pics.............I got my Paris fix for the next 5 minutes:D

Smiley14
April 30th, 2007, 10:05 AM
LOL! Thanks Jiorgi!!! I was excited to share them with someone, so thanks for looking! :) It was a BLAST!

cpietra16
April 30th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Paris in the Spring...I'm completely jealous:yell:

jiorji
April 30th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Paris in the Spring...I'm completely jealous:yell:

yeah no kidding! If i saw Paris in spring I'd be ready to die! Those great trees in bloom and that nice spring smell....oh and l'amour!! LOL
Just makes you want to be those cheesy Paris couples :cloud9:

jiorji
April 30th, 2007, 02:32 PM
by the way Smiley...did you go to Pere Lachaise?? it's not a top touristy place but it's so beautiful...:o

Smiley14
April 30th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Everything here at home was still brown and dead when I left, so it was soooo nice to see so much green and everything in bloom! So pretty!! Flowers and cherry blossom trees everywhere it seemed! I was so happy when I came home to find things just beginning to bloom. My yard is green now with little tiny baby buds on everything. Yay! I love this time of year! :)

We didn't make it to Pere Lachaise I'm afraid. The closest I got to it was seeing it from the top of Montparnasse when I zoomed in close to it with my camera and asked what it was. :o LOL!

jiorji
April 30th, 2007, 08:35 PM
i've never been to Montparnasse.....personally i think it's one uuuuuuuuuuuuugly building:yuck:

Smiley14
April 30th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Yeah, that one wasn't really worth it. Really pretty view from atop though! But not one I'd especially recommend otherwise, lol. :)