Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Picked up the new puppy yesterday

clm
April 28th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Introducing Baxter.
He's a real little live wire. Biggest of the 3 male pups we had to chose from. We love him to bits.

Frenchy
April 28th, 2007, 10:19 PM
awww he looks like a stuffie :cloud9: You must be so excited !

Snowgrrl83
April 28th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Soooo adorable!! :lovestruck: How old is he? What kind of dog is that? Looks like he's gonna be a big guy! :cloud9: I want one! .. (well, truthfully, I don't... its just hard to fight the impulse..) He's like a big marshmellow!

Frenchy
April 28th, 2007, 10:26 PM
(well, truthfully, I don't... its just hard to fight the impulse..)

If you live near clm, you could ask to dogsit :D

clm
April 28th, 2007, 10:30 PM
He's an eight week old Keeshond puppy. They get to be around 60lbs.
He's a marshmellow with baby teeth.
Settling down for bed right now.

Cindy

hazelrunpack
April 28th, 2007, 10:34 PM
What a cute little (soon to be much bigger) guy! :lovestruck: He really does look like a stuffie! :cloud9:

angeldogs
April 29th, 2007, 01:50 AM
OMG what a cutie.he does look like a stuffie.so cute.:lovestruck:

chico2
April 29th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Wow,talk about a ball of fur:lovestruck:
I remember seeing quiet a few Keeshounds when we lived in Sweden,but here I don't think I've seen any:confused:
He is beyond adorable:lovestruck:

Puppyluv
April 29th, 2007, 07:42 AM
OMG! Sooooooo cute:lovestruck: He looks like the perfect sleeping companion:cloud9:

technodoll
April 29th, 2007, 09:36 AM
congratulations on your new boy :lovestruck: he's absolutely gorgeous! mmm puppy breath :cloud9:

brandynva
April 29th, 2007, 10:27 AM
What a cutie! I bet he's sooo soft too. I love puppy breath too, and there's nothing like a puppy's big, fat, round, soft belly when they flip over for a tummy rub. :cloud9: Can't wait to see more pictures of this little fella.

Mocha's mum
April 29th, 2007, 12:51 PM
OMG he's adorable. I just want to touch his fluffy fur...:cloud9:

I need a new puppy.....:thumbs up

otter
April 29th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Like a fresh out of the dryer stuffie!

Sooooooo cute, you are very lucky!

Prin
April 29th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Sooo cute! :lovestruck: Congrats! Good luck! :)

amsmom2njkz
April 30th, 2007, 04:12 AM
OMG He is soooo adorable.....:lovestruck:

cpietra16
April 30th, 2007, 06:35 AM
He looks like a webkinz... what a cuddle ball:cloud9:

Hunter's_owner
April 30th, 2007, 07:10 AM
Congrats on your new puppy:cloud9: He is soooooo adorable, a real fluff-ball!!!

happycats
April 30th, 2007, 09:45 AM
OMG sooooo cute looks like a little gund bear!!:)

Crestedcrazy
April 30th, 2007, 11:54 AM
:love: OMGosh, what a cute little fluffball, so cute!
Congratulations!

Prin
April 30th, 2007, 07:23 PM
How were the first couple days?

heidiho
April 30th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Way to cute,.How fun new puppy,puppy breath and everything......

breeze
April 30th, 2007, 08:33 PM
too cute, how are things going with the new pup??

dmc123
April 30th, 2007, 08:49 PM
how cute is that little one!

Diane

jawert1
April 30th, 2007, 11:01 PM
ooohhh fluffypupperbutt!!!! very cute :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Shamrock
May 1st, 2007, 12:48 AM
oh-my-gosh!:lovestruck:Could he be any cuter? WHAT an adorable puppy Baxter is!:cloud9:

Congratulations and best wishes on your lovely new addition! :thumbs up

wdawson
May 1st, 2007, 05:33 PM
i agree he is a cutie

~michelle~
May 1st, 2007, 06:56 PM
such a sweetie!!! soooo cute

clm
May 1st, 2007, 07:42 PM
Things have been going well. He's met all 4 cats and plays with Gabby, who is still under a year old, all the time. He's learned his name and comes when called. He's learned how to sit on command too. He's a smart little imp. Sleeps through the night and I'm proud to say, he's now housebroken. He will go to the door when he has to go. :D
Still at the mouthing stage, where he's forever trying to chew your hand or fingers or feet....hanging on to your shoelaces while you're walking....that's going to take some work yet:rolleyes:
Hubby took him for a walk around the entire block today (larger than most city blocks), and for a little guy new to a leash, he said he did rather well.
Being the hair balls that they are, they don't like heat and they come complete with their own fur comfortor and pillow, so the dog bed is now a cat bed and just like our previous 2 kees, he prefers to sleep on the kitchen floor.
He's curious about the koi pond, and he knows it's off limits, but I can see him going for a dunk accidently one day soon, he's fast and clumsy, so I'm sure he'll end up falling in. Once is usually enough, both my previous dogs didn't like water, their fur gets too heavy. He won't be outside by himself during the summer and we fence the pond over the winter so curious kees stay off the ice, we've had ponds for as long as we've had dogs, so we're very careful.
We love him to bits.
Just got an e:mail from the breeder and the next litter of puppies is due this week, so hopefully we'll be getting little Bentley to add to the household in another couple of months. :fingerscr

Cindy

Rainy
May 1st, 2007, 08:17 PM
Wow he's adorable!My Keeshond sounded nothing like your experiences!Too funny.My guy (Dryfuss)was a big boy,bigger than any Kees we met and he weighed 45 pounds.He loved water and his favorite place was the couch!In the summer he always wanted to be outside but he would dig a hole and lay in the darn thing all day if you let him!I am going to be happier than a pig in the mud if we get to watch your cuties grow with tons of pics!Keep em coming and congrats on a beautiful baby!Can you tell i'm excited for you?:D :thumbs up

Frenchy
May 1st, 2007, 08:22 PM
Just got an e:mail from the breeder and the next litter of puppies is due this week, so hopefully we'll be getting little Bentley to add to the household in another couple of months. :fingerscr

Cindy

A second pup ? wooohoo ! Wish I could pupsit for you !

clm
May 1st, 2007, 08:39 PM
Rainy, I've never had a kees under 55lbs. Freddie was over standard and he was over 70 lbs. Yogi was 55lbs. Judging by Baxter's lines, he'll be closer to Freddie size.
Unfortunately, a lot of breeders are breeding them smaller these days either at the very low end of the standard or below it. More like a big pomeranian than a kees. I prefer them to be larger.
As for the water....I'm hoping they're more like my previous dogs and don't desire to go swimming.

Frency, yes, a second pup.....are we brave, or are we stupid :laughing: We've never had 2 dogs at one time before, let alone 2 pups. Looking forward to loads of fun. I'm sure I'll asking you for lot's of advise once I've got the 2 of them. Great to have someone like you around who's used to dealing with multiple dogs.

Cindy

Frenchy
May 1st, 2007, 08:40 PM
Multiple dogs yes , but never multiple puppies :eek: :laughing:

rainbow
May 1st, 2007, 11:04 PM
Baxter is adorable.....absolutely adorable. :cloud9: Our two dogs are six months apart. It was a real handful at times but I don't regret it now. :D