Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Maui Humane Society(please help if you have time)

heidiho
April 27th, 2007, 08:24 PM
PLEASE FORWARD THIS ON TO YOUR FAMILY, FRIENDS AND COLLEAGUES WHO WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

GOOD NEWS! SB 1665 HD1, which creates felony-level (class C) offenses for animal cruelty, WAS UNANIMOUSLY SUPPORTED in this afternoon's joint judiciary committee hearing and will go before the full Senate and House membership for a vote on TUESDAY, MAY 1ST.

This is a historic day for Hawaii's people and their pets. The fight is not over yet, we still need to get the House and Senate membership to approve the bill so that it can be signed into law. We need your help so call or e-mail your Senator and Representative URGING THEM TO SUPPORT SB 1665 HD1.

Click here for the list of the:

2007 House of Representatives
2007 Senate Members

Points to include in your call or e-mail:

I URGE you to support the ANIMAL CRUELTY BILL which creates FELONY-LEVEL OFFENSES FOR CRUELTY TO ANIMALS.

Hawaii is one of only eight states with no felony-level statute for animal cruelty. Let's REMOVE Hawaii from this list!

Law enforcement officials and prosecutors have long recognized the direct link between animal cruelty and violence to humans.

Supporting the ANIMAL CRUELTY BILL IS NOT JUST FOR HAWAII'S PETS, but A CRUCIAL STEP TOWARDS PROTECTING HAWAII'S PEOPLE. I URGE YOU TO MAKE HAWAII A SAFER PLACE FOR ALL!

We can do it! We've come this far let's not give up until Governor Lingle signs SB 1665 HD1 into law.

heidiho
April 27th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Oops let me try that again.

heidiho
April 27th, 2007, 08:32 PM
senbaker@Capitol.hawaii.gov

heidiho
April 27th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Ok having a hard time getting the list on here,but there is one that can be emailed,

Frenchy
April 27th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Even if we don't live in Hawai ?

heidiho
April 27th, 2007, 08:46 PM
rrepchang@Capitol.hawaii.gov epbelatti@Capitol.hawaii.gov

heidiho
April 27th, 2007, 08:48 PM
I dont see why not,i emailed the first time,i dont think they would be able to look into all of the emails to figure out who lives here or not,and this state has so many people that only live here part time anyway.

Frenchy
April 27th, 2007, 08:49 PM
ok then :thumbs up

heidiho
May 3rd, 2007, 02:39 PM
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND COMMITMENT TO MAKING HAWAII A SAFER PLACE FOR OUR PETS!

The felony animal cruelty bill passed through the House and Senate today with very little opposition. The next and final step in this long 8-year voyage will be when Governor Lingle signs the bill into law. Please contact her and let her know how important it is that she signs this bill!

The Honorable Linda Lingle
Governor, State of Hawai`i
Executive Chambers
State Capitol
Honolulu, Hawai`i

Phone: 808-586-0034
Fax: 808-586-0006
governor.lingle@hawaii.gov

If not for your countless phone calls and e-mails to the legislators, we would not have gotten this far. Your commitment towards making Hawaii a safer place for everyone has been the backbone behind this legislative movement.

Soon, Hawaii can be removed from the list of 8 states that do not have felony-level offenses for animal cruelty, and we will be known as the 43rd state to implement stiffer penalties for these perpetrators.

On behalf of Hawaii's pets, mahalo a nui loa! We're almost there!

The Maui Humane Society is committed to building lifelong bonds between people and animals through education, community outreach and the prevention of cruelty.

Maui Humane Society