Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My little graduate:)

Colubridz
April 26th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Duke graduated top of his class from Basic Obidence last night and got 152.5 points out of 160. Second place got 151 out of 160. We went to Tri-Mark Canine Services and I must say it was a really fun class. It lasted 9 weeks in total at which time we covered: heeling on lesh which included figure 8's and about turns, offlesh recall with moderate distractions, sit-stay for one miniute and down-stay for three miniutes and a sit for examination in which you had to place your dog in a sit-stay and walk in front of him while the instructer came up to pet them without them getting up. The instructors were very friendly and helpful at approaching different issues in each dog differently and I saw dramatic improvements in all dogs involved in the class.

During the exam we had to walk a course with them in heel which included stopping, right and left turns as well as slowing down and speeding up and an about turn. Duke scored 38 points out of 40 during this task.

Next on the sit for examination Duke scored 30 points out of 30. On the recall he scored 29.5 points out of 30 points for a slightly crooked sit after he returned to me.

On the miniute sit/stay he recieved 30 points out of 30 for not moving, and on the down stay for three miniutes he recieved 25 points out of 30 points for breaking his down stay at two miniute mark ( I think all the dogs decided to rebel at the same time as dogs that had done it perfectly weeks before all decided to break it around the same time).

Duke also benefitted greatly from the somewhat noisy enviroment at times as the first few days he would get very upset when the other dogs would bark and would bark back or growl and by the end it didn't bother him at all.

Were going back to level 2 for sure and there also thinking of introducing a ralli-o class as the instructer competes with her dogs which we would want to sign up for as well.

Anyways I snapped a few shots of him posing with his graduation certificate.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c171/exotica_reptiles16/Duke083.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c171/exotica_reptiles16/Duke086.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c171/exotica_reptiles16/Duke087.jpg

Cheers
Kayla

Spirit
April 26th, 2007, 03:06 PM
YAAAAYYYY DUKE!! :highfive:

chico2
April 26th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Congrats to Duke:highfive: what a wonderful smart doggie he is:lovestruck:

papillonmama
April 26th, 2007, 04:34 PM
He looks so proud in his pictures too.:)

Congrats Duke!

Frenchy
April 26th, 2007, 07:47 PM
:laughing: he looks so proud ! :dog: Congratulations Duke,hope you got a lot of cookies :D

SableCollie
April 26th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Yay Duke! :thumbs up he looks proud of his accomplishment too!

H.P.
April 26th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Way to Go!!:thumbs up

Lukka'sma
April 27th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Oh Duke, who's a smart doggy!!!
Congratulations and I know your next level of training will see you at the top of your class again.