Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

which is better - Innova or Orijen

angeldogs
April 26th, 2007, 05:29 AM
I'm just wondering which would be the better kibble.
Innova or Orijen.any thoughts would be great thanks.

Scott_B
April 26th, 2007, 06:09 AM
Id say Evo>Orijen>reg Innova

But Evo & Orijen are pretty equal.

Lissa
April 26th, 2007, 07:28 AM
If its between Orijen and Innova, then Orijen would win everytime IMO... If its between Orijen and EVO, there is more to consider...

For the most part I'd say EVO and Orijen are pretty much equal... But EVO's ash is between 9-13% for certain formula's which is quite high - Orijen doesn't list their amount but it should be less since they aren't using red meats/or as dense of meat meal *I think*. So for that reason, I'd choose Orijen (waiting to hear back BUT most people consider Orijen UTI "friendly" for a high protein kibble)!

For an allergy dog, I wouldn't feed EVO red meat because there's so many protein sources.

angeldogs
April 26th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Thanks you.i quess i will give the orijen a try this weekend.

rainbow
April 26th, 2007, 01:27 PM
After reading the "white paper" on Orijen I would pick Orijen over EVO.

http://www.championpetfoods.com/orijen/documents/ORIJEN_White_paper.pdf

angeldogs
April 27th, 2007, 05:12 AM
Thanks rainbow

angeldogs
April 29th, 2007, 04:28 PM
The orijen mix with canadie is a hit for our shih tzu.which is good.she will eat when here but only if jag is eating.so were keeping her on kibble.

My bro wants to put ben on raw.he does good on it.i sneek it to him all the time.and he is happy with raw.
but there moving out on tues and there going to try the orijen untill they get settled in.he's been scratching and biting his paws on the innova now and does really want kibble anymore.i'm going to miss my sucky boy.

Thank you all for the info on the better kibble.