Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Canidae - Yeah! but Felidae - BOO!

dmc123
April 25th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Canidae - Yeah! but Felidae - BOO!

Well that is the vote here in my pet household.

Fortunately we weren't feeding any food that was on the recent recall, but I decided to try better food for both the canines and the felines. The dogs love the Canidae - I mean love it! But when I tried Felidae for the cats, not a single one of the 7 would even touch it.....

Next choice to try for my cats? Suggestions? I live in a small town, so any of these better food choices requires a road trip. Hopefully I can find ones that are good food choices and ones that they all like in the same pet supply store.

The small bag of Felidae I bought from Amazon.com to test....thankfully I didn't get a bigger bag.

Diane

Prin
April 25th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Other people seem to be more successful with Solid gold... :o

rainbow
April 25th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Also Innova or Innova EVO. And, Orijen if it's available where you live.

dmc123
April 25th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Thanks, I will check into both of those choices.

Skryker
April 25th, 2007, 11:59 PM
*Sigh* Fussy cats! My cat just decided to stop eating Felidae after about 8 months of happily chowing down. :frustrated: We (and by that I mean she, of course!;) ) settled on KatznFlocken by Solid Gold and she's still happily eating that. Call it a compromise between Felidae (my choice) and Summit (her choice, based on a sample I got and she ate before I got a really good look at the label.)

Good luck! :fingerscr

Scott_B
April 26th, 2007, 07:02 AM
Yeah, after a few bags my female cat turned her nose up at Felidae too. She (and my other two) happily eat Evo now though!

cpietra16
April 26th, 2007, 07:39 AM
All my cats love Evo...Nickie who is my wildest likes (she's not at the Love stage yet)it.

Furryland
April 26th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Too funny, i had the same sort of reaction here as well :laughing:

The dogs adore the canidae, the cats were not impressed with the felidae:rolleyes:

My cats never liked Innova or Solid Gold. I am going to try some California naturals also made by the same company that makes innova.

I know my boys like wellness indoor.

GL!:fingerscr

dmc123
April 27th, 2007, 08:41 PM
I gave the rest of the bag - almost full - to my boss who has 5-6 cats. He told me today that not one of them would touch it! LOL

Diane

JanM
April 27th, 2007, 10:08 PM
I'm in the same boat - I changed from Nutro MaxCat to Felidae and Shadow DOES NOT like it! I have to go out and get something else now. He isn't normally a picky eater but he really doesn't like that stuff!

rainbow
April 27th, 2007, 10:56 PM
JanM, try Orijen, Innova or Solid Gold. Good luck. :fingerscr