Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need help(Getting collars for outdoor cats)

heidiho
April 25th, 2007, 06:38 PM
I am ordering them now,i am getting collars where there info is on collar itself,but you only get 14 characters.i need it to say Resident cat and my phone #,without area code.Any good abbreviations??????And also what kind of collars should they be,i put one on momma yesterday,but it is not the breakaway kind.Here is pic of the ones i am gonna order.

heidiho
April 25th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Nevermind Petco cant ship those collars to Hawaii,ahhhhhh!!!!!!

Prin
April 25th, 2007, 07:03 PM
I'd just put the phone number, but since you can't get it anyway, nevermind.:D

cpietra16
April 25th, 2007, 07:10 PM
From experience, I would just put the vets phone number. If you move it won't affect the vets phone number. The person would call the vet who would look at the cat and phone you.Ofcourse you would have to always have the same vet. Since Misty got lost I call her vet back home becasue her tattoo is still registered with their number.

heidiho
April 25th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Momma is the only one that has been to vet,there is no way i could get bob in a crate...I will go to other side this weekend,the other day i heard cats crying and walked over and saw bob getting ready to fight w/2 cats and then i saw a trap,not sure how they have avoided going in it,but i need to get something on them quick in case they do.i have collar on momma but no id tag,bob is gonna be hard to get collar on.

RUSTYcat
April 26th, 2007, 01:45 PM
...it is not the breakaway kind.

Breakaways are MUCH safer

Hunter's_owner
April 26th, 2007, 01:51 PM
I agree with RustyCat. I think Breakaways would be much better.

chico2
April 26th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Heidi,why do you have to order collars,are there no petstores or department-stores on Maui??
It must cost you twice as much to have things shipped:confused:
My cats have breakaway collars,ever since I saw Bailey(the Cocker)getting almost strangled when she was caught in a branch.
Thank's for trying to make momma cat and the Tom a little safer:thumbs up
I ordered tags for free from Humane Society for my cats,but don't know if they are available in Hawaii.
In your case,your home phone would be the best,especially if the vet does not know the cats.

heidiho
April 26th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Well i did have a collar on momma i just put on a few days ago,well this morning it was off,yeah there is a pet store on the other side,which i am going to this weekend,i am gonna try and get the breakaway kind.I am totally attached to them at this point.Already thinking about seeing if vet can give me a sedative so i can put in food and bring them down there to get all shots,so maybe they can come inside and hang once in ahwile w/roxy,i let momma in about a foot inside the door yesterday she and roxy checked each other out then she walked back outside

babykitten
March 3rd, 2008, 09:22 PM
collars with your address on it best is the collars that tearaway one are the best when your cat goes outside .