Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Licking

mcswede
April 25th, 2007, 04:48 PM
I hope someone can help me break my 4 year old Golden of this habit. She is constantly trying to lick us. When small children are around, she is constantly trying to lick them. Since they are at her level, she has a perfect shot at their faces. She loves to lick people's legs and feet, and sometimes, just licks the carpet. Anyone have any suggestions. I even been tempted to get a muzzle.
Thanks

kiara
April 26th, 2007, 12:13 PM
I am a cat and dog lover. Although I prefer small dogs, I think you need to find a good dog trainer to rid your dog of its bad habit. I often see big dogs jumping and licking people. Although I don't mind it (since a lot of my friends have big dogs and they all do it). I think the public does not really like it. Also since we are on this subject, peoples' dogs should walk along them and not pull, which most big dogs do. I don't understand why people spend "big bucks" for their dogs and don't think about getting them trained? Hope it helps.

Prin
April 26th, 2007, 06:39 PM
I think a trainer is a great idea. A muzzle is no fun for a doggy.

heidiho
April 26th, 2007, 07:05 PM
I wouldnt muzzle either,i love getting kisses so it would not be an issue for me,.But to muzzle a dog because it is giving affection seems wrong to me,.

Prin
April 26th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Heidi, it seems to be a frantic, obsessive thing in this case though...

heidiho
April 26th, 2007, 07:35 PM
I agree if it is a problem something should be done,it is just muzzling seems kind of extreme.