Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Duke escaped yesterday...

Colubridz
April 25th, 2007, 03:35 PM
I got the scare of my life yesterday when I went downstairs to grab Duke's collar to take him on a walk and came back outside to a very empty yard. At first I just called around the backyard as we have huge 6' fences surrounding the property that Duke has never bothered with. I then noticed a small section behind the deck ( and had been hidden from my view the whole time I had been out there) had been blown over in the crazy wind storm we had here yesterday.

Panicking I ran out through the hole with his collar in my hand and began running down my neighbourhood screaming," Duke Duke". I then saw my neighbour who was washing his car and ran over and asked if he had seen a medium sized black and tan dog running around. To my dismay he hadn't and as I turned around to continue my search I saw the flash of a dog in my neighbors backyard who own no dog. Pausing for a second I called out "Duke" as loud as I could and the goof ball came prancing out of the yard with a big grin on:rolleyes:.

We haven't had a night free to fix it yet so for the time being Duke has only been allowed to go out in the back when on lead.

None the less very scary, even worse when I tried to give Duke a welcome home kiss he was well less then impressed:p

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c171/exotica_reptiles16/allaboutpetsshow001.jpg

Kayla

jessi76
April 25th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Thank goodness Duke didn't go anywhere! I know that moment of panic WELL, and so does my fiance. He actually managed to "lose" the dog once, he searched the yard, searched the street, he drove up and down the road, checked the neighbor's houses, our own house.... he called the dog officer to report our "missing dog"....

turned out our missing dog was under the bed in our guest room, hiding. funny, real funny.

thankfully, the dog officer laughed when we called to tell her we found the dog.

rainbow
April 25th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Glad you had a happy ending to your story and Duke was found safely. :highfive:

Jessi76....tee hee....that's funny. :D

jesse's mommy
April 25th, 2007, 06:46 PM
I'm glad Duke is alright.

Every so often Daddy doesn't shut the gate all the way and Jesse eventually discovers it and realizes she can go out front and do her thing, but fortunately she doesn't realize that she can go. She just walks around to the front door and starts scratching the door to come in. Let me tell you, scared the doody out of me the first time she did it. I just heard something scratching the front door. :o

Hunter's_owner
April 25th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Omg, that panicky feeling that the dog got away, there is nothing like it:eek: Glad Duke is okay:thumbs up

marsupial mama
April 25th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Must have been very scary - glad Duke is safe :)