Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

At My Witts End

mella
April 25th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Someone Please Help!
My daughter moved into my house after hurricane Katrina with her 4 year old maltese ... Chip. I have a 6 year old golden reteriver and I inherated her 5 year old yorkie (4 years ago) .... the problem is every time I leave the house for more than an hour Chip the malteese cocks his leg and pees on the side of my leather chair .... I've tried everything except contacting ...The Dog Wispper. I've isolated the dogs to make sure that I'm acusing the right one.
I've tried kenneling Chip that does stop the problem ,but there are times I forget to put him in the kennel ... and ofcourse when I come home he's marked the chair. I've tried cleanig with clorox and urine stop, I've punished him , put him outside for hours ... nothing has worked.
Is there such a thing as a ... spiteful dog ? I am so frustrated ... I've told my daughter she is going to have to find him a new home. If anyone knows how to stop this problem please tell me I'd truely appreciate your HELP!

Purpledomino
April 25th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Is he neutered? If not, it sounds like something as simple as marking behaviour. Normal for an unaltered dog.

Prin
April 25th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Why didn't crating him stop him from peeing on your chair?

jessi76
April 25th, 2007, 03:02 PM
I've tried kenneling Chip that does stop the problem ,but there are times I forget to put him in the kennel ... and ofcourse when I come home he's marked the chair.

Is there such a thing as a ... spiteful dog ?

sounds like you need to leave yourself a few reminders to kennel Chip. Crating him stops the behavior, so don't forget. If you truly can't remember to do this, have someone else, like your daughter (since it is HER dog) do it. (this seems like a very simple solution to me)

and no, there is no such thing as a spiteful dog.

rainbow
April 25th, 2007, 05:20 PM
I agree with Jessi76. Tape a note to the door to remind yourself to kennel Chip before you leave. :)

Shaykeija
April 25th, 2007, 09:58 PM
You could always try a belly band on him. It helps with the marking.:2cents: