Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I am super mad!

amaruq
April 17th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Went to vets...did the first 2 . It wasn't the normal vet we have. But ok.

Gets to Lizzy..She says to me that good that Lizzy passed the tensor bandage???????I'm like nooooo she was operated on and then there were severe complications. Oh she says. It is documented on her chart that Liz's face was smashed and is painful for her to touch. Damned if the vet didn't grab her muzzle and wouldn't let go cause Liz started to growl. I told her to leave it (I'm getting rather upset by now) So then we are talking and I tell her about hump in the back. She isn't worried about. She went and grabbed Liz again by the muzzle and Liz snapped. She bit the thing that looks in the ear only to damage the end. Like How many times i told her to leave her face alone. Poor Lizzy :(
Only bad news is...Lizzy's face is sore and she needs to take asprin when we feel she is really sore. Poor girl!

Luba
April 17th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Now that was a great experience she'll wanna go back there again!! GRR

So nothin about the lump at all?

sheesh what u gonna do now?

woodbyter
April 17th, 2004, 05:11 PM
I have never had a vet manhandle a dog but would not hesitate to step in and stop that sort of abuse. There is no excuse for that. The certificate or diploma on the wall says nothing about inflicting pain or excessive force used in the administration of stupidity cloaked as vet science.

amaruq
April 17th, 2004, 07:43 PM
I don't like her...next time i will ask for the vet that likes Lizzy and Lizzy likes her. Poor Liz's eyes are so watery today :(

Catt31
April 17th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Poor Lizzy!!!!!!! ((((((hugs)))))))

mona_b
April 17th, 2004, 09:00 PM
I would suggest that you tell YOUR vet about what happened.And definately not let her go near Lizzy again.

Poor baby.Just give her some extra TLC....:)

chico2
April 17th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Amaruq,I would have punched her:mad:
My vet for several years has moved back to Scotland,I loved her and so did the cats(sort of:D )
I am not very comfortable with the new vet,with my Rocky I think she does a lot of guessing...got result of the blood-test,no problems:D Pee-test is also clear...that eliminates a few problems.He has not had any more black-outs,so maybe it was the meds,now discontinued:confused:

woodbyter
April 17th, 2004, 09:50 PM
YOU HURTA MY DOGGA - I PUNCHA YOU FACEA

chico2
April 17th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Amaruq,I forgot to say,I hope Lizzie will be ok,what kind of dog is she?
Woodbyter,you're a hooot:D

amaruq
April 18th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Liz is my Liver spot Dal. You know she had a super upset belly last night and for the first time threw up yellow bile. She seems fine now.....I got the heart worm stuff and asked her to explain it to me. She said ask receptionist. Like I just laid down 600.00 and you can't show me?????

woodbyter
April 18th, 2004, 10:02 AM
(QUOTE)" I got the heart worm stuff and asked her to explain it to me. She said ask receptionist. Like I just laid down 600.00 and you can't show me?????"
That is one self centered Vet who most likely either isn't as smart as she prtends or thinks she is too good invest in a few words of good will to ensure future business. I'd ask for a less selfish vet the next time and in those words.....

Bill & Bob
April 18th, 2004, 05:43 PM
I think I would have been tempted to tell her to keep her &%*^ing hands off my dogs face because it hurts. That's brutal.
As far as the lump goes, a friend of mine has an older black lab that's had little fat lumps on her back and belly in the past. She just calls them cheese lumps. Yeesh. Just a thought. Her vet told her that it was nothing to worry about. And I actually trust her vet.
It's professionals like that, that make me wonder how much they are really taught about 'bedside manner'. I haven't been to a doctor myself in over 21 years now, and I don't miss them one damn bit. I just don't have much faith in them.

tuaqs
April 20th, 2004, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by amaruq
Poor Liz's eyes are so watery today :(
Maybe Lizzy is allergic to that vet?:rolleyes:

Luba
April 20th, 2004, 09:06 AM
Amaruq is this a hospital where there are several vets...find out who the owner is and write a complaint.