Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Natural Life

kathryn
April 24th, 2007, 01:35 PM
*Not about the recall

I was looking at their ingredients, and it looked like a pretty decent food

http://www.nlpp.com/products.html?topic=cannedcat

They sell it at Acme though. I thought no good foods ended up at supermarkets?

Just curious. I work at acme and I pass by it all the time but never thought to look at it because I always hear that supermarket pet food sucks.

Scott_B
April 24th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Yeah, doesnt look bad. Be better if they listed what the ocean fish was.

SableCollie
April 24th, 2007, 02:08 PM
It doesn't seem to be very palatable, we got a bunch donated to the shelter through a food distributor, cat and dog food, most of the animals wouldn't touch it. I don't know why, maybe they were just picky, but it was odd. Ended up throwing a bunch of it away. That was a couple years ago, I don't know if they've changed their formulas since.

Prin
April 24th, 2007, 03:47 PM
That's too bad, SableCollie.

It looks ok, but be careful as some of it has been recalled.

rainbow
April 24th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Their dry dog food is crap. :yuck:

http://www.nlpp.com/products.html?topic=adult

Couldn't get the cat dry food ingredients to display. :shrug:

technodoll
April 24th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Ingredients: Chicken Meal, Ground Yellow Corn, Ground Whole Wheat, Poultry Fat (preserved with natural mixed tocopherols, citric acid, rosemary extract and ascorbyl palmitate - a Vitamin C ester), Natural Flavors, Dried Beet Pulp, Dried Eggs, Fish Meal, Ground Flax Seeds, Salt

i agree with rainbow - very close to garbage! :yuck:

kathryn
April 24th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Eww. My work sells the big bags of vegetarian dog food, and some of the cans. I just got home from work. Turns out they were selling the recalled food and its off the shelves now, but yeah. Basically 75% of the pet food Acme sells was recalled. Sucks too because like right before all the recalls people were buying the food and I'm a bagger up front and I put it in their cars >_< makes me feel bad.