Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Moving

athenamor
April 24th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Haven't been on here much, been busy taking care of things to prepare for the big move. On May 15th my hubby will officially be out of the Army and we will be making our way down to FL.

I'm excited and nervous about it all, and also how Bourbon will do on the trip, and staying at my mother's house with us with her dogs as well. I have worked on getting him socialized when I can. He seems to do ok with other dogs aslong as he gets the chance to know them. So we have our game plan to help him get to know the new friends that will be in his life. I can't wait to see them too. hehehe. There's Louis (Vuitton) the rat terrier, Olivia (Newton-John) the mix, and Biscut the dauchsen (sp?). Louis is probably gonna be the one to watch out for because he has the "play with me now" attitude that tends to annoy Bourbon when it comes to other dogs.

I am sad though, because the two she had that I knew (when I lived at home as a teenager) passed away last year, before I could see them again. There was Perry (Ellis) Austrailian shepard, she was funny, she looked blind (pupils were blotchy) but could see just fine. She did "drive by licks", Then Ellen (Degeneras sp?) the American Eskimo who was very much the diva and demanded attention. They were both pretty old, but I believe my mom gave them a good life. Perry was a rescue, who had been abused, and watched her human mom get beat up by human dad. Ellen was a pet store pup. Fluffy and sweet, but loved to eat her own poop as a puppy....eew.

Anywho, it's nice to remember them. Sorry about getting off topic, in the off topic forum LOL.

So, after May 8th I will be back online around june 1, maybe checking in from the road. Ya'll have been great.

Skryker
April 24th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Wow, that is a huge life change! Good luck to all of you, and congrats to your hubby on his "retirement", lol!

athenamor
April 25th, 2007, 05:25 PM
thank you so much. I can't wait

Prin
April 25th, 2007, 05:34 PM
:grouphug: Good luck!

rainbow
April 25th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Lots of adjustments ahead for you. :grouphug: I hope everything goes smoothly.....Good Luck. :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

athenamor
April 29th, 2007, 07:19 AM
thank you, again.