Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Missing Bichon Woodbridge

Pages : [1] 2

Carlyg
April 23rd, 2007, 07:48 PM
Hello Everybody,
Last month, on March 18th 2007, my dog was stolen. Well..he was most likely stolen or somebody found him and did not realize that he was my family's dog.
Spencer is a small white Bichon Frise. He is mostly DEAF. He is an eight year old neutered male. He has curly fur when it is long and the rims around his eyes are mostly pink. He has a fading blue breeder's tatoo on the inside of his ear. He has a long nose (some people think he is a poodle). He was last seen wearing a blue collar with a picture of yellow bones. A blue vaccination tag was attatched. He went missing from National Estates in Woodbridge Ontario.
If you know where Spencer is could you please contact me.
Carly Guglielmin
(905) 851-1418
email: carlyg@yorku.ca
There will be a $$ reward and No questions asked.
If you want you can take him to Northview Pet Hospital on Weston Road and Langstaff in Woodbridge

Stacer
April 23rd, 2007, 08:02 PM
Hi, I work in that area, I'll be sure to keep my eyes open for him.

Carlyg
April 23rd, 2007, 11:46 PM
Thanks a lot. I know he isn't wandering around as it has been a month. He doesnt seem to be at a shelter within 2 hour drive. Somebody has had to have picked him up.
I dont know how I'm going to find him. I keep putting up postesr but nobody sees them. I guess the more people who know about him the more chances are somebody will give him up. THe lady at the shelter said "make him too hot a topic to keep"..I thought that was a good idea.
Thanks again

cpietra16
April 24th, 2007, 06:18 AM
I really hope you are reunited with him, but could he have been hurt? Crossed a busy street?

the gang
April 24th, 2007, 07:04 AM
contack the media and good luck fingers crossed

Carlyg
April 24th, 2007, 09:57 AM
yea we had that thought too. We thought for sure he could have been hurt. We contacted all the vets and animal control though. He also had a tag..so if somebody hit him they would have brought him somewhere and htey would have contacted us. Even if he died and he had to be picked up by whoever picks up dogs from the road..Spencer had a tag to a vet..wouldn't they have called? .We have been driving the streets for quite a while everyday and there are posters everywhere..if he was lying on the street..somebody must have said something. My area is kind of secluded from the busy streets..he would have had to walk a long time in the dark to get out and because he is deaf he was scared of the dark.

Oh, and to the other reply. Yes that's a good idea. The radio said something about him and I just contactd the local television station. Maybe, but I doubt it. When I say I am STILL looking for my dog after a month, people are usually just shaking their head. A couple of them laughed...and I'm tired of the phrase .."so buy a new one."...

cpietra16
April 24th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Hi Carlyg,I'm happy to hear that it is highly unlikey that he is hurt...I really hope you guys are reunited

Carlyg
April 26th, 2007, 07:36 PM
A lady called me today! SHe said she sees a little white dog hanging aroudn these two houses on the other side of the golfcourse. (our area is split up into two sections..some houses on one side of the golf course and some on the other). Spencer could have maybe crossed the golf course and gone to that other area. He probably isn't running around but maybe somebody picked him up over there. I went today and I put posters in the mailboxes and on some cars. My mom and I are going to keep driving around there..and maybe even knock on people's door.

...I also saw a man walking a little white dog through the park at 10pm. I kind of followed him..I think I scared him. oops. I still don't know if it was Spencer, it was too dark and I was afraid to get out of my car. It was a really weird park and nobody was around but a man and the dog..and me. I at least have areas to keep an eye on though.

Chris21711
April 26th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Have you looked on the Toronto Animal Services regularly, I know it is a real long shot but they are showing a white poodle (that is what they list it) with a blue collar. I know it is grabbing at straws...Good Luck.

BusterBoo
April 26th, 2007, 08:19 PM
:pray:

Hoping that you and Spencer are re-united soon!!!

Carlyg
April 26th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I look at that site regularly. A couple people have informed me about that poodle. Poor guy. My family and I were looking at the website one night and we stopped when we got to him..for a minute we thought it was Spencer too.

shirley1011
April 27th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Carly
If you do get a call for sure knock on doors give out flyers to everybody in
the neighborhood. I have met so many wonderful people who are on the
lookout now for Sable from that. The more concerned eyes you have the
better your chances....but make sure someone is at least in the car when
you go canvassing! Don't go alone but do go.
Best of luck in finding your baby.:fingerscr

rainbow
April 27th, 2007, 03:34 PM
I agree. Take some flyers and you and your mom should go knocking on doors in that neighbourhood. Good luck and keep us posted. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Carlyg
April 28th, 2007, 11:23 PM
I have an appointment with an animal communicator on Tuesday.
It's really weird..but maybe. I don't know why I'm so nervous.
Has anyone else used an animal communicator? What kinds of things did you ask?

Carlyg
May 1st, 2007, 04:42 PM
They put the biggest picture of Spencer on the show "daytime" in york region. They talked about him too! and they put my phone n umber and e-mail on the screen. It was really cool..well, not cool because I still can't find him, but I'm glad they did that.

I also talked to an "animal communicator"today. It was kind of weird, but interesting.
..I don't know what I believe but it was still good to hear (in the sense that Spencer is alive).btu he has been stolen from the backyard. (which I figured out already).

cpietra16
May 1st, 2007, 07:01 PM
All help is good. I was hoping to hear something good...I wish you so much luck in locating your baby.:fingerscr

rainbow
May 2nd, 2007, 01:34 AM
I hope you and Spencer will be re-united soon. :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Carlyg
May 6th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Ughhh...I've been all over this town..and other towns. I've been door to door putting flyers in mailboxes everywheree..I have random people from shelters I'v never HEARD of e-mailing me saying that they have a poster of Spencer in their animal hospitals. It's wonderful, but NOBODY has seen him. Nobody has even spotted him anywhere...nobody knows ANYBODY who just got a new dog. If someone did steal him..he is DEAF..whoever steals a deaf dog is not going to want a deaf one. Wouldn't they have given him up by now??

..I swear, it seems that he has vanished into a black hole.

Carlyg
May 14th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Well..I actually got someone who spotted a dog. Two ladies found a stray dog in a field, apparently "exactly like Spencer.". The one lady seemed so sure. ANother lady took him home but the woman who called me didn't have her phone number.
I searched the entire weekend to find this woman and I finally found her this morning!..the first thing she said was "This ISN'T your dog..I know who your dog is and this isn't him."..The dog she found was completley different from how the woman on the phone described him to us.

I'm sorry, I'm really just ranting, but I feel so stupid. I knew it wasn't going to be him even if I found the woman..I can't figure out why it upset me so much becaue I was prepared for it not to be Spencer. Urg.

shirley1011
May 14th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Carly I am so sorry...it is so frustrating to work so hard on a lead and
then end up not being your dog. :sorry: :sorry: Don't give up!

Carlyg
May 14th, 2007, 10:45 PM
It's just.I don't know who to trust. I got two completley different stories from two different women about the same dog.
One lady said it was an old dog EXACTLY like mine and he was dirty and had no collar. THe lady who I finally found said it was a puppy and not anything like mine and he had a black collar on. She was suppose to call me tonight to show me the dog but she never did. I wonder if maybe I should go to the vet that she took it to and ask them for more information.

I don't understand how they could have seen two different things. It was the same dog though. They both told me about how they made a leash for it out of garbage bags. And htis woman kept saying..It's not your dog, you're dog had a blue collar.
..But my dog had a blue collar TWO MONTHS ago. If he got stolen and escaped..someone could have taken it off.
I just want to see the dog. I think I'm going to go ask the vet what it was like.

Chris21711
May 15th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Her behaviour sounds odd to me. Where did she say the dog was? I would definately pursue it.

Love4himies
May 23rd, 2007, 12:37 PM
Carlyg,

Haven't heard from you for a while. Any luck?

Carlyg
May 23rd, 2007, 11:28 PM
No..none at all.
I went to the vet where that woman took the dog she found. As soon as I said "I want to know about a dog that was brought in here," the lady at the front desk started apologizing lol. She assured me the dog that was brought in was not my dog..the one brought in was a puppy. THey felt really bad that I got a call too early. Apparently someone was with the woman who found the dog and she wanted to keep it herself or something. I don't know..but the vets said it definetly was not my dog.

I havn't had many other "leads." I have been going door to door though and I meet some interesting people. The "animal communicator" said that my dog was in a house and hte inside had 70s furniture, a lady who mostly stays in an armchair and it was very dimly lit. The couple in between 50-60 with no children. He was dropped off there by a young man who comes to visit often. (I don't necessarily believe her..but I am going mailbox to mailbox and I needed a place to start so I started with these old houses in my town). One of the peopel came out and both him and his wife work at the National Golf Course. (that's were we thought my dog got out onto). He said he will bring hte poster to his work and he said he will get his guys (35 of them) to keep their eye open on the golfcourse to see if they spot anything. SO, that's pretty good.

His wife informed me about a house and she said there was a little white dog outside and she thought it was weird because she knows that they did not have a little white dog. Well I went to put a poster in their mailbox and I saw through the window into their livingroom. It was dimly lit, it was old and all 70s furniture and a lamp that looked like it was from the 70s and there was an armchair lol. I found out after that it is my brother's friend's grandmother's house so I don't think my dog is in there. (Unless my brother's friend stole my dog and gave it to his grandmother). Probably not though..but you never know.

Ps. I sound very accusing. I'm really not. I just want to check out anything possible.

Carlyg
June 2nd, 2007, 03:46 PM
I just got an e-mail from this man. He said he found a "pet' in national estates and it has been in his care for weeks. He wants to give it back to the person who has genuine proof that it is their pet.

That's all the information he gave me. I e-mailed him back, but I think it is strange he didn't call...or give me any other information. And he emailed my university e-mail address..it's not on any of hte posters. I'm waiting for his email response.

chico2
June 2nd, 2007, 04:17 PM
:fingerscr Carlyg,that it is not another weird thing,be careful.
But I hope it's your little sweetie:pray: :pray:

SIL
June 2nd, 2007, 04:36 PM
Hi Carly:

Sorry to hear about your lost dog. Just to let you know that I know exactly how you feel...not that that helps. Our Manchester Terrier has also been missing for about a month now and she seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. You're lucky you have had some leads, we haven't heard anything about our dog since May 7th when she disappeared. I can't believe that there are people out there that will keep a pet that isn't theirs :sorry:
Hope we can both have a happy ending...:fingerscr

hazelrunpack
June 2nd, 2007, 04:44 PM
I just got an e-mail from this man. He said he found a "pet' in national estates and it has been in his care for weeks. He wants to give it back to the person who has genuine proof that it is their pet.

That's all the information he gave me. I e-mailed him back, but I think it is strange he didn't call...or give me any other information. And he emailed my university e-mail address..it's not on any of hte posters. I'm waiting for his email response.

Be very careful, Carlyg--how did he know your university email address? Unless there are other people working at University who live there and maybe recognize you? But it sounds fishy...so just be cautious!

I hope you find Spencer soon! :fingerscr

shirley1011
June 2nd, 2007, 07:37 PM
Carly...I got the same email...it is one of those scams that they warn you
about when you post missing pets on the internet. I knew when he
couldn't give me specific information that it was a fraud. I have only
had one other since I started actively advertising for Sable on the internet or
in newspapers.

I know it makes your heart race and you hope it is yours but I don't k now
if it is profit or if they are just plain cruel.

Just don't give your personal information. Tell them to call the police
with the information.

Carlyg
June 3rd, 2007, 05:26 PM
Yeah I won't give personal information over the computer..(except my phone number is posted on all of the sites with the dog's information)

Shirley, you got the same email? The man sends me pictures of the dog..but I can't tell. I think it is a scam too. My parents are emailing him back n forth now to make sure. THey think the pictures are spencer..but we can't tell for sure. I know it could very well be a scam..and I won't give any information. I'll see what they say though.

..I have a video on you tube if anybody is bored they can watch it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkX5XojmOP4

(its not a very good video...but maybe someone will see it )

shirley1011
June 3rd, 2007, 07:05 PM
Carly...the video was excellent. I could just feel your emotions and
how much you miss Spencer from it.
Perhaps someone will see it and help you find him. I know too well the
pain you are enduring.

Hope the email I got was different from yours and that someone does
have Spencer.

chico2
June 4th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Carly great video,people have to be made of stone not to get touched by it:sad:
:fingerscr that someone out there will recognize him and contact you:fingerscr
Sifting out the"sickos"is not easy,when your hopes are raised by every contact.
:pray: for his safe return:pray:

papillonmama
June 4th, 2007, 11:12 AM
:goodvibes: sending some goodvibes your way, hope you hear some good news soon.

Love4himies
June 4th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Excellent video, Carlyg. Hopefully somebody will see it who knows where Spencer is will contact you :fingerscr :fingerscr .

Chris21711
June 4th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Carly I was looking at infopet.ca today and someone has a posting for a lost dog in Woodbridge, they said that a man in a white van was seen stopping and picked the dog up and took him. I wonder if there is someone going around the Woodbridge area doing this sort of thing. Has the sight of a white van come up at all when you have been asking around?

Carlyg
June 4th, 2007, 09:21 PM
hey chris

That's actually my friend's dog Charlie on infopet. Yeah we were thinking the same thing..maybe people are picking up dogs. As I have been driving around woodbridge with my posters and stuff..I have seen like 4 different missing dogs in woodbridge. It's really weird. I really hope not..what would he be doing with the dogs :frustrated:

Chris21711
June 5th, 2007, 09:48 AM
I don't even want to think what peoples motives are. I here some pretty heartbreaking stories from my daughter, I prefer to remain positive and think that someone thought Spencer's such a cutie and are keeping him even though it is the wrong thing to do, Be DOGmatic Carly, I'm sure that you and Shirley will be rewarded for your efforts.

Shaykeija
June 5th, 2007, 08:13 PM
:sorry: that Spencer is missing. What a beautiful video. It really touched ny heart. Spencer come home.......:pray:

Carlyg
June 7th, 2007, 12:27 PM
thanks for the nice posts everybody.

oh, and Shirley you were right. The guy is a scammer. :sad:
He said he had my dog..so I emailed him back. then he sent a picture of the dog (and it looks JUST LIKE my dog, even my dad thouht it was him)...then he is like "I took him to England on a business trip but will cargo hiim back)..he gave us a phone number. My dad spoke to him twice on the phone in England. He said he didn't want any money he jsut wanted to send the dog home. so we spoke to him and tried to figure out if he was a scammer or not. we didn't think so after a while because he gave us a phone number..AND a picture. We thought we wern't losing anything so he must have him. Right when we were going to go through with it he ask for money. Now we know he is a scammer. We are not going to send him money..he doesn't have my dog.

I thought this from the beginning, but we wanted to see what he would say. He got pretty convicing after a while, but I pretty much knew. :mad:

shirley1011
June 7th, 2007, 12:38 PM
:frustrated: Carly I am so sorry..you got your hopes up and all for a
scammer. Legitimate people call and are only to anxious to help.
I have found just so many wonderful, sincere people in my quest for Sable.

Keep up your faith that you will find him no matter how discouraged you
may get.

Carlyg
June 7th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Thanks.

Well, I didn't get my hopes up too too much.

I did some research first and researched about dog scammers. I read about that one, where people say their dog is found in another country.I kept telling my parents he is going to ask for money soon..and sure enough, he did.

badger
June 7th, 2007, 02:09 PM
I knew people emailed their crazy stories to prospective 'marks', but telephoning from ANOTHER COUNTRY?? Over a lost dog? I guess they must be constantly on the boards, looking for an 'in'. Bizarro :crazy:

shirley1011
June 7th, 2007, 02:47 PM
First off they would have had to have had health certificates to take
the dog to another country and it would have to be in quarantine and the
cost to take would have been another thing someone wouldn't do.
Wow! there are some crazies out there.
Carly..did you look at the Barrie SPCA site?

Carlyg
June 7th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Hello,
Thank you so much for sending me the site. I did look at it, you're right, it does look an awful lot like SPencer.

It's not him though..that dog has black rims around his eyes..SPencer's rims are all pink. The vet told me that was abnormal for him.

I emailed them anyways and gave them a photo and descripton. I asked them if they ever came across him to contact me. (I think I already emailed them a few mnths ago, but I can't remember..I emailed so many people haha.).

Thank you again!:)

chico2
June 7th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Carly,OMG how low can people fall,trying to take advantage of a heartbroken owner:sad:
We are ALL rooting for your Spencer and Shirleys Sable,when the day comes that they are back home and it will come,we'll all be soooo happy:dog:

Carlyg
June 7th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Thank you Chico :) :)

I sure hope so...and I hope Sable will come home soon too.

..and all the missing pets on the website.

Good news about Charlie though (The dog I was talking about on infopet that was picked up in a white truck. HE CAME HOME. He wandered four blocks and somebodyd found him and called the owner.) I'm very happy for my friend. Maybe we can all get that ending soon.)

Carlyg
June 17th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Ugh, it's summer time, and usually I love summer time..but this summer sucks. Spencer used to come to the park with me and he would sit on my lap while I read. (That sounds so cliche, but it's true). ...I hate that stupid park this summer.

We were swimming today for the first time this summer..and he wasn't on his chair either. He hates the water so he would sit on his chair and watch. Nobody else was allowed to sit there :laughing:

We got three calls yesterday. One animal shelter in Brampton said they had a dog that fit his description perfectly..so my mom went down there because I was at work. It wasn't him, but she said they were right, it was close.

THe Humane society in Guelph called just to update their files...and a website I contacted. Defendersofanimals.org.
They were also updating...boy though, when you see their names on the phone directory, it's really exciting for a minute.

chico2
June 17th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Aww Carly,I can certainly feel your pain and:pray: Spencer will be back in his chair soon:fingerscr
One of my cats,Chico,jumped our fence once,was missing for 2 hours,I just about went crazy as did my husband.
Luckily after we'd search the neighborhood we came home to find him on our frontdeck.
I don't know how you manage to go on with your daily chores,but I suppose you have to:sad:

Carlyg
June 27th, 2007, 01:59 PM
All the stores and vets have taken down my posters
and they have come down from almost every streetpole now. Most of the websites are emailing me too telling me that my post has expired....I'm not ready to stop looking yet:sad: ...I want to put them back up, at least on the poles and websites.

THat man from England still emails telling me he has him. He said if I really felt that I wanted my dog back I would pay half the money to get him home. but..I DO really want him back..but if he had my dog he would answer my questions and send me anohter picture. He signs the letter...from him..and Spencer.
....that's really mean. :sad:

SIL
June 27th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Carly...Don't stop looking. I've put up signs on posts over and over and I'm still hoping that my dog is returned to us. I've also re-posted on some websites. It's frustrating but when my kids ask me where Billie is...I know that I have to keep trying to find her. Spencer, Billie and Sable are probably hanging out together :laughing: and all 3 of them will be found safetly soon.:fingerscr :pray:

shirley1011
June 27th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Carly, Sil is right we have to keep looking...I have found putting the
signs up with spray on glue works great! It is not easy to get them off.
I know I shouldn't have put them in a few places that I did but if they
call DENY< DENY, DENY.
Keep the internet posts going...it is a great referral if someone calls and
needs to see a colored pic if they are going off a newspaper ad.

I know how hard it is to not give up...life would be so much easier but
they are worth every minute we spend trying to find them and bring them
home.

Carlyg
June 28th, 2007, 12:04 AM
It's not hard to not give up..I think it's harder to give up...but I won't though. I'll keep looking. I'm going out of the country for 2 weeks..but I'll still have my laptop..and my family will be here so I will know if there was any calls...there hasn't been in a while though.

hah SIL that would be great. Sable, Billie, and Spencer hanging out together.

I just read this book. It's called "Hows your dog knows when you are comming home and other unexplained animal mysteries"....it was interesting. It talked a lot about communication between dogs and their owners, even if they are far apart.

Carlyg
June 30th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Someone wrote "your dog is dead" on my reamining posters that wern't taken down. :mad:

I'm so mad..I just wanted to..I don't know..express my anger.
:mad:

Love4himies
June 30th, 2007, 12:40 PM
How horrible, some people are so mean:evil: . Don't give up Carlyg.

shirley1011
June 30th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Carly there are some mean spirited folks out there who do not understand what you are going thru.

I had a call the other night, someone said how much is the reward for your dog and if we don't get it we are going to bake him and eat him...yummmm
and then started to laugh..sounded like drunk teenagers.

There are more good folks out there wanting to help than the small number of uncaring idiots out there.

Don't let it bother you....they have no idea what it is to love a pet so much and miss him with all your heart....they are the ones to feel sorry for Carly.

chico2
June 30th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Carly,that is just simply evil,but like Shirley says,there are more caring people out there(I hope)than there are idiots,don't give up:pray:

Winston
June 30th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Carly..loved the video! brought tears to my eyes....I was browsing the Hamilton SPCA and they have a boy similiar to Spencer but I cannot be sure....Didnt want to post as it must be upsetting! but here is the link....he is 4 years old and his name is Dou Dou??

http://www.hamiltonspca.com/index.php?module=adopt_animals&func=view&user_catg=1

Stay strong!

Cindy

Chris21711
July 2nd, 2007, 12:18 PM
That little guy in Hamilton, sure does look like Spencer, I hope someone goes and checks him out since Carly said she was going to be away.

shirley1011
July 2nd, 2007, 03:23 PM
I read somewhere too that Carly was going to be away so I did
call and leave a message on their answering machine for them to have
a look at the hamilton link from this site.

It certainly looks a lot like Spencer...the ears seem a little short but.....
could be

Winston
July 2nd, 2007, 03:56 PM
I an glad that you both have thought it was Spencer too! I thought maybe the ears were short but boy the eyes are pink and the nose looks like his! This is a hard one! I would hate to get anyones hopes up!

Cindy

shirley1011
July 2nd, 2007, 04:32 PM
I also had Carly's email address so I sent her a note...someone must
be getting those messages...maybe even Carly....I did say about the
ears so I hope they won't be too disappointed if it's not him.

Know what that is like!

My fingers and toes are crossed for Spencer!

Carlyg
July 2nd, 2007, 05:03 PM
HI everybody!

I just looked on the website, unfortunatley that is not Spencer. You were right on..the ears are too short and didn't hang the same way and his face was a bit different too. The colouring of the nose and eyes were exact though. My parents and brothers said no too...I have to triple check with everyone every time I see a dog on a website lol.

Thank you thank you for all your concern! It's so great to know that other people are looking out too. (Especially after recieving a couple prank calls this week about rewards and peopel vandelizing my posters).

My mom told me she recieved a message on the anewering machine. I thought it was someone from the Hamilton SPCA because I did e-mail them too, but I guess it was you shirley. THANK you so much for calling:) :)

I'm actually leaving tomorrow, but I am bring my computer. I'm hoping I'll find places with internet access.

Thanks again everyone!:)

Chris21711
July 3rd, 2007, 08:14 AM
The ears do look shorter, could that not be because of the haircut the little guy has, which would make his face look a little different? Hopefully Carly by the time you are back from your trip, little Spencer will be waiting for you.

Carlyg
July 3rd, 2007, 02:43 PM
Urg. I'm guessing again. I probably shoudl know my own dog, but I was so despearate before I went after every single one..now, I just don't know.
I'm leaving in an hour for the airport so I can't drive to Hamilton. (I don't think it's him though).

I just emailed the Hamilton SPCA adoption center and sent them numerous pictures of Spencer and very distinct characteristics (eg. he is deaf, he has no bottom front teeth). If they think Dou Dou is Spencer, I will get my brother who is staying home to go and check.

I also posted the dog's picture on my facebook group..I'll get more opinions fro my friends and family and people who have seen him in person. My parents and younger brother already said no though. (So did I at first, but now that I look again and cover the ears, he does look a lot like him.) If he does have those other characteristics, my brother will go down there.

Carlyg
July 9th, 2007, 12:05 PM
I'm still in Italy. I have played with 1000 dogs and named them all Spencer lol. No word from the humane society that I emailed though..but it's not spencer..everyone who has seen him in person confimed it..I didn't think it was though.

There are so many stray dogs in Italy..it's really really sad. I saw one today that looked sooo hot and he was finding shade and he was limping. i saw another one in Pompei who only had three legs. The people say they just wander everywhere..there are strays everywehre in everytown we go to. It's just a "normal' thing here.

I have Spencer's stuffed koala with me for good luck. :) :) ..and i'm putting up more posters when I get home.

Chris21711
July 9th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Hi Carly, we are all still keeping our eyes on all the sites. The little guy in Hamilton is no longer showing. Did you ever go back to that house with the 70's furniture? The dogs in Italy are somewhat luckier than the ones in China, I read that they systematically go around poisoning the strays because there are so many. Ugh! Hope the rest of your vacation goes good.

Carlyg
July 9th, 2007, 05:57 PM
hey Chico
Actually no, I never went back to the house with the 70s furniture. RIght after I went to that house I started getting the e-mails from that guy in "England".I was busy trying to figure out if he was lying or not..I did a stupid thing and put a lot of attention into that. I know he doesn't have him now..he stopped answering..he kept it up for a good 2 months.

When I get home, like I said, Im going to put up more posters....and ya,I'm going to go back around that house.

And that's horrible about the dogs in China. so sad.

Chris21711
July 10th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Hi Carly, I was on the Barrie ospca site and today they are showing a Bichon, I don't think that it is Spencer, but maybe you want to check it out.

Carlyg
July 10th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Thanks Chris

ANd thank you everybody who is keeping an eye out on all the websites.

That wan't spencer. THey neutured that dog after they found him...we neutured Spencer 9 years ago. :sad:

He's gotta turn up somewhere. I don't like knowing that they will be euthanized after five days...I'm scared I'm going to miss him somewhere...I also don't like being away from my phone and the e-mail that I gave all the animal shelters. (it wont work on the computer here for some reason) I'll be home in a week though...and continue my search.

For now, I'll just keep looking at the sites.

Thanks again!

shirley1011
July 13th, 2007, 06:59 PM
There is a new post on Pet Harbor at the Toronto North Shelter...Male
Bichon White...No picture Age. 12??

You never know! Will keep watch for the picture!

Love4himies
July 13th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Let's keep our fingers crossed:fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr

chico2
July 14th, 2007, 06:06 AM
:fingerscr :fingerscr for Carly and Spencer!
There seems to be sooo many Bichons around,on the route I walk Bailey,there are 5 houses with Bichons...

Carlyg
July 16th, 2007, 02:08 PM
I went down to where that 12 year old Bichon is...it wasn't Spencer. He is really cute though...somebody Please take your dog home!

and you're right..there seems to be Bichon's EVERYWHERE...everywhere I look there is another Bichon..I have to turn my car around all the time to make sure it isn't Spencer.
It is kind of like some horror movie and there are hundreds of Spencer's in hundreds of fun house mirrors ..and everytiime I go to reach for him..hem disapears or changes and it isn't him

chico2
July 16th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Carly,the thing is also,if people find a lost Bichon,they are more likely to keep it,than a larger dog,without letting any authority know.
A friend of mine found a Shizu(sp)a few years back,he was dirty and skinny and against my advice she kept him.
She thought in the shape he was in,he must have been neglected.:yell:

Carlyg
July 16th, 2007, 09:40 PM
yeah, I definetly know that someone has decided to keep him (even though he had just been groomed and he had a tag and collar).
I still check the websites though because I hear stories of dogs who had been stolen and then they escape from that house...or maybe when the people find out he is deaf they will abandon him and someone will find him and give him to a shelter or something...you never know?

chico2
July 17th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Of course Carly,I did not mean to be discouraging,sorry :sorry:
Don't give up on little Spencer,the more vets that know of him the better.
I am sure there are not that many elderly deaf Bichons out there,if someone has him,they will:fingerscr eventually bring him to a vet.

SIL
July 17th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Carly... Don't get discouraged. People keep telling me that someone probably has Billie and is keeping her because she's small, trained and a nice dog...just like Spencer but I'm NOT giving up. It's hard to think that people would keep something that isn't theirs...especially a pet :mad: but there are all kinds of people out there. I hope that people come to their senses or in my case get fed up by Billie's barking :laughing: and return OUR DOGS!!!

Carlyg
July 18th, 2007, 04:34 PM
No don't be sorry, Chico. I wasn't discouraged by that. The fact that someone has him and is keeping him is just a reality we knew many months ago. And no, I won't give up..not for a longgg time anways. haha. I'll make everybody sick of me untl they just hand him back :D

Yeah SIL, just like you are hoping they will get fed up with Billies barking, I'm hoping they will get fed up with Spencer peeing all over their floor. He is house trained..but he gets reallllly nervous all the time. If you walk up behind him and tap him on the head..he just pees. If you leave him alone and walk out the front door(even if you just took him out 2 seconds ago)..he will pee. If he is looking out the window and sees someone he doesn't know...well, he pees then too.

haha..he isn't bad. I think it was just because he got old and the deafness doesn't help. Either way...someone has to get tired of it.

SIL
July 19th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Carly...did you see the picture of the neutered male white poodle toy/bichon frises at the animal services east? Just thought I'd point it out, if you're like me though, you probably check those sites hourly :laughing:

Carlyg
July 19th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks for pointing that out SIL,

Actually I noticed him yesterday..he is keeping my family on our toes

Honestly, I think there is a chance this one could be spencer (a very slimmm chance though) lol..but his nose colouring on the top is the same, his eyes are the same, the length of his nose is the same, and his age..so i called the shelter where he is and they said that dog also has a breeder's tatoo i nside his right ear..just like spencer.

however, he is over an hour away from where we live...and my parents are doubtful it is him..but I want to see for sure because he really looks like him. Anyways, my mom called back and asked if the dog has bottom teeth missing liek spencer..if he does, we will go look. The lady said she was going to call back but she didn't. We are calling tomorrow

Shaykeija
July 19th, 2007, 09:32 PM
:fingerscr I so hope this is Spencer...

SIL
July 19th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Carly...I'm hoping that it is Spencer :fingerscr :pray: I found that the people at the 'east' animal shelter are a bit slower at posting pictures and answering calls so keep hounding them to get your answer.

Love4himies
July 20th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Good luck, carlyg, hope it is Spencer.

Carlyg
July 20th, 2007, 01:49 PM
no, it wasn't Spencer.

We called them a bunch of times then finally the lady went to check. She said that dog was not missing any teeth..Spencer is missing most of his bottom teeth. I wish I still had the number on his tatoo..that would make things a whole lot easier. We lost that sheet of paper when we moved though :sad:

shirley1011
July 20th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Aww Carly, I was so hoping that was Spencer! The rollercoaster of
ups and downs is just awful, I know how you must be feeling.
Don't give up...and I know how easy it would be to that but we have
to find our missing furbabies.

SIL
July 20th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Carly...I was hoping for a happy ending to at least one 'missing dog' post :sad: We'll just have to keep looking....until something good happens:pray:

goldengal
July 20th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Carley ..... Could you contact Spencer's breeder to get the tatoo number? Also, if he is registered, CKC would have the tatoo number as well. Hope you soon find your fur baby. Take care.

Pat

growler~GateKeeper
July 20th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Carley ..... Could you contact Spencer's breeder to get the tatoo number? Also, if he is registered, CKC would have the tatoo number as well. Hope you soon find your fur baby. Take care.

Pat

Great suggestions goldengal

Carly does your vet have the tattoo # on file (even if they did not do the tattooing themselves)?

Wish you all the luck to find your furbaby.:goodvibes:

rainbow
July 20th, 2007, 11:33 PM
The breeder or CKC would have the tattoo number or else the vet that did it would have a record also. Good luck....I hope you are reunited with Spencer soon. :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

SIL
July 22nd, 2007, 02:50 PM
Carly...another male bichon frise at the east animal shelter.... GOOD LUCK!!!

rainbow
July 22nd, 2007, 06:35 PM
Hope it's Spencer....sending lots of good luck. :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Carlyg
July 22nd, 2007, 07:00 PM
Is the other Bichon Frise still there? I looked buy I only see the bichon/poodle.

shirley1011
July 22nd, 2007, 07:09 PM
Carly it is a new one but no picture up yet

Spencer has to be one of these soon! :pray:

SIL
July 22nd, 2007, 09:42 PM
Sorry to get your hopes up Carly but he is no longer being shown on their website.

Carlyg
July 23rd, 2007, 08:33 AM
that's alright.
THaks for telling me. I was wondering why I couldn't see him but everyone else could. lol.

Maybe that means someone else found their dog. Yay for them.

shirley1011
July 23rd, 2007, 02:19 PM
Carly..know we are trying to help..you seem to be on the same rollercoaster as I am on.

go to www.ospca.org/barrie go to look at animals.... 1st one Lucky
sure looks like Spencer...they don't give a lot of details.

Carlyg
July 23rd, 2007, 06:57 PM
hah Shirley do you remember buying tickets for this rollercoaster? ..I sure don't.

And yes, I thank everyone for all of their help. Even if the dogs are not spencer, I woudl rather know about them..just in case. The barrie dog isn't spencer though. His ears and face are appricot like most Bichons. Spencer has different colouring.

How long would the breeder keep his tatoo number for? I have had him for 9 years, I doubt they still have it.

I'm going to go to the vet on wednesday to see if they have the number anywhere..i want to call the breeder if the vet doesn't have it, but she will probably think I'm nuts.

goldengal
July 23rd, 2007, 07:53 PM
Hi Carly .... I think the breeder would have the tatoo number forever. I forget how they work but take into account where they were born in the litter - i.e. my Montana was the first born in her litter. Also, if Spemcer is registered, the tatoo number is shown on the registration form you would have received from CKC. I still have those forms from our very first dog back in '68. Take care.

Pat and Montana

SIL
July 23rd, 2007, 08:01 PM
Carly...Billie will be 7 in August. I contacted her breeder once she went missing and have been keeping in touch with her. Last night I emailed her and this morning she gave me the tattoo number. She keeps everything so your breeder might too. She didn't think I was crazy, besides what have we got to loose, everybody thinks we're crazy for not giving up anyways...:laughing:

chico2
July 24th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Nobody here think's you are crazy,I would never give up finding my dog/cat,not until I know one way or the other,or:pray: have him/her safely back home:fingerscr

SIL
July 24th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Of course I didn't mean the people here thinking we are crazy :)
It's nice to see that people care and understand what we are going thru...

SIL
July 27th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Carly...any luck in getting Spencers' tattoo number?

Carlyg
July 27th, 2007, 04:11 PM
no, not yet. I can't get a hold of the breeder. The phone number just says "not in service." I went to the vet, but they don't have it.

I didn't register him in CKC. Is that something I would do, or the breeder?

shirley1011
July 27th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Carly if you bought him as a purebred dog the breeder should have registered the litter and then transferred the ownership to you...it was up to the breeder

Carlyg
August 2nd, 2007, 12:58 AM
No leads..no new bichons in shelters. Nothing.
I understand Tyygercats frusteration..there is only so much you can do wihtout something to follow.

I think whoever took him is keeping him in woodbridge and has seen my posters/newspaper ads/tv ads/radio announcements and just doesn't care either way.

Somehow I still want to hope that the man who says he has him in England actually DOES have him..and WILL bring him in november (but that is just because I want him to "exist" somewhereee)

I was talking to my old friend who lives down the street. He said "what? you lost your dog??"...and I thought "how the heck do you not know that yet??"...Then I kind of hoped that whoever has him just hasnt *seen* the posters yet. (but that is doubtful..if you lost a dog..you would look for posters).

:wall: I won't even be able to contemplate this when I get back to school in september.

There is also only so much weird stuff I can do in order to make myself feel like I am not just "forgetting" my dog. I can't bury anything, put petals on a stone or recite poetry to a casket.....so I made a cool collage with pictures and forget-me-nots...and a locket haha. (I'm in the arts at school....I get bored when I have no trails to follow:laughing: )

shirley1011
August 2nd, 2007, 03:30 AM
Carly, I understand your frustration...your mind wants to put it all behind you and move on but your heart is still there wanting to find them.

It is all just so stressful...I too have given up in my mind so many times with no leads to follow. Each time your heart wins out and you keep hoping for the best and that someday we will have them back.

It is so easy to say don't give up but it is so hard not to.....know that
Spencer knows how much you love him and that he will be in your heart forever...no one can take that away from you.

There have been some amazing stories of them showing up so don't give up on that possibility.

SIL
August 2nd, 2007, 08:14 AM
Carly...I also know exactly how you feel.
You want to give up but at the same time you can't :sad: It's hard to know what else to do, where else to look or when to stop looking....
Reading your log and Shirley's keeps me hoping that someday we will all be reunited with our friends. There are some happy endings out there, hopefully it will get our turn soon.:grouphug:

Chris21711
August 2nd, 2007, 08:35 AM
Carly, did you go back to that house with the 70's furniture since you have been back from Italy?

Winston
August 2nd, 2007, 01:16 PM
Carly

There is a new bichon at the Hamilton SPCA under evaluation. It only shows a picture and no info...I cant tell if it could be Spencer but here is the pic from the site

Cindy

www.hamiltonspca.com

SIL
August 2nd, 2007, 03:18 PM
Carly...I was looking at some shelters/rescues and found www.happytailsrescue.ca, they are a rescue for Bichon Frise and Maltese dogs located in Mississauga. They have a list of dogs available for adoption and those already adopted. Just thought it might be worth a look.:fingerscr

Carlyg
August 2nd, 2007, 09:56 PM
Chris, I have driven by that house a bunch of times since I have been back hoping to see something. I already spoke with the man in the house that one time..who told me he didn't have the dog. I don't think I should go back and knock on the door without anything else to tell me SPencer is in there. I don't know what I would say. Any ideas?
I keep making sure I tell everyone in that circle that I am missing my dog (like all the people who hang around with the man's grandson who lives next door). Maybe if he really did have him, someone who vists the grandson would find out and tell me. (I didn't say I suspected anyone though..I just said I was missing my dog etc etc).

SIL, thanks for the website. That's one of the ones I look at all the time. Also, yes, I hear many many stories about dogs comming back after a long time. I jsut read one about a dog who came back after 9 months. THe journey reminded me a lot of Shirley's journey actually. In the end, they got the dog back. Maybe we will too.

Also, thank you for the hamilton spca picture. That isn't spencer though :( ..but thanks anyways.

Chris21711
August 3rd, 2007, 11:03 AM
Carly, on your post on May 24th, you mentioned that it is your brother's friends grandparents, can he not do a little more delving for you? Also, I don't know how expensive it is, what about a Private Eye. If these people have Spencer they would have to take the dog out and he would be able to get a photograph. They do it for insurance companies and all kinds of other situations.

Carlyg
August 4th, 2007, 08:50 PM
hey,
it's my brother's *old* friend's grandparents. THey went to elementary school/highschool together but that was a while ago. I don't know; the whole thing is just weird. Like I said, I have like a bunch of people who know those guys informed.

My parents probably wouldn't go for an investigator. Mostly because the details are from some "animal psychic" ..and a lady who claimed she saw a dog there. I need some concrete stuff. (ALthough, the guy at the door was so weird..that's what creeps me out).

The guy from England emailed us again...he says he still ahs the dog and he wants us to pay the vet bills cuz the dog got sick,...my parents are thinking about taking it to the police now..to see what happens.

Chris21711
August 5th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Do you have some kind of proof that the guy is actually in England or just says that he is. If not, he could live just down the road, hypothetically of course.

Carlyg
August 5th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Well, he gave us an international phone number. He answers it when we call. I don't know if that means he is in England because apparently you can have an international number anywhere. That's just what I heard, I don't know for sure.

chico2
August 5th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Carly,did this man ever e-mail you a photo,not one on your posters,if he is legit he should be able to take a close-up clear pic of Spencer,from all angles.

jiorji
August 5th, 2007, 05:46 PM
sorry to be negative, but why would someone in ENGLAND have it?
You cna't just take any dog overseas. He would've had to have taken it to a vet for checkup and for proper shots. ALso , England has a 6 month quarantine period when you bring a dog in(last i heard) so personally i wouldn't take a dog and bring it to Britain because of that.

think twice before you make a decision. Have the police trace the # you used. I think you're getting played.There are a lot of frauds out there

:fingerscr that you find him

badger
August 5th, 2007, 06:26 PM
I think the six-month quarantine - at least for dogs from Canada - has been lifted.
That being said, I agree with jiorji, this guy is just twisted. Did he tell you how he got the dog? I would refuse to communicate with him unless he sends pictures, the only true proof. I would also set up a special hotmail account to receive them, that you could delete later, I wouldn't give him your personal email.
It is very easy to play with telephone systems, to make a number look like it is offshore. Or not. I'd call the police and see if they have any advice. This is just cruel.

Carlyg
August 6th, 2007, 01:51 AM
ya, we already know it's a fraud and the guy is twisted. I'm seeing comments from new people, so I'll update. These e-mails happened months ago...in about May. I already asked him numerous questions and he sent one picture but he couldn't give me useful informaition. (eg tatoo, collar etc)

Just recently, however, (2 days ago), he started e-mailing again saying he still has him. THe only reason we are still conversing with him at this point, is to see what information we can get out of him to see if the police could do anything about it. Maybe see whether or not he is in England or in Canada, charge hiim with mischief..I don't know. That's about it.

Carlyg
August 13th, 2007, 12:38 AM
I put up more posters all around the wal mart parking lot and the movie theater in our area. I was talking to my friend and she, like a couple other people, told me she hasn't seen any of my posters yet. I thought *everyone* had seen them by now..everywhere I turn I see a poster (or a place where a poster once was). A couple people have said this...so I am kind of hopeful that maybe someone did pick up spencer off the street and they just havn't seen a poster yet.

Usually if you have seen a lost dog, you would look for hte posters but maybe they just didn't...but one day they will see one and call the number. It's a very lame hope but I think it could be a possibility. I remember a couple months ago when I put little flyers right in people's windshields of their cars, I would watch them drive away without even taking it out. People just are not that observant.

I don't care how ridiculous that sounds, but even if I just put up one a day..that's one more place where somone will find out about my dog. I said this before, but the lady at the animal shelter said "make him too much of a hot topic to keep"..so that's what I'm still trying to do. :thumbs up

shirley1011
August 13th, 2007, 05:37 AM
Carly..just keep posting...these dogs can't just disappear.
Have you tried putting the posters up with spray glue instead of
staples or both?
Don't give up.....perhaps try sending out another copy to the vets in the
area stressing that your dog has been taken and for them to watch for him..someday he will need to go to a vet even just for routine shots.

Good Luck Carly

Chris21711
August 13th, 2007, 08:11 AM
That's the right frame of mind to be in Carly, hang in there.

Carlyg
August 15th, 2007, 03:41 PM
we took our fraud situation to the police offiicers today. We brought them a file with all the emails and phone number and everything. The female police officer was just kind of laughing and said it was fraud..but the male police offer was very skeptical about everything. I think I get too sensitive when they laugh because we are putting too much effort into finding the dog. l:o

Anyways, they gave us the number to the fraud department and a place where we can give all the information online. THey said if he has the dog, it's theft,..if he doesn't have the dog..it's fraud (so either way, I'm not stupid and it was the right thing to go to the police).
I feel better now though. It will probably just go to the bottom of a pile of papers for a while, but I feel better. At least if someone else has the same problem and takes it to the police, they will see a pattern and somethign can be done.

Chris21711
August 16th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Carly, there is a post on Kijiji (Barrie) that someone has found a small white poodle type dog, probably is not Spencer, but maybe you want to check it out. The area code there is 705, that isn't shown on the ad....sigh.

Carlyg
August 16th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Thanks Chris.

There was no picture, but I e-mailed them with some details. It's probably not him but I've heard stranger stories of dogs being found further away than Barrie.

Carlyg
August 27th, 2007, 11:38 PM
I havn't written in a while so I thought I would today.
The people from Barrie e-mailed back a couple of times checking to see if I found Spencer. I had to email the Barrie SPCA because they had already given the dog over. It wasn't Spencer.

My friend and I put posters up allllll over our town :crazy:
I've been driving by that susupicious house too (I noticed at night time, if I drive by it is dark and they leave the lights on inside..I'm hoping to get a glimpse and see if I can see anything:p ..I took my friend today but all the lights were off..so I stuck up a poster on a lamppost infront of his house). I feel like such a crazy person lol..but I don't stop the car so I can never get a good enough look. It's on a pretty busy street. We are going to walk by again next week and maybe go to the door one more time.

chico2
August 28th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Carly,yes,you have not written for a while but we have not forgotten Spencer or you,always hoping you'll get him back home:pray:
Did you ask the neighbors if they have seen a pup???
You could just knock on the door,poster in hand and ask,then casually bring up this guy.
I can't see why,if he has a Bichon he cannot show his dog to you:confused:

Carlyg
August 28th, 2007, 06:33 PM
I'm going to try to go back Thursday..I don't know if I can, but I'm going to try with my friend. She says she will go to the door. The next door neighbour is the grandson, I don't know why I'm so scared to go there. My mom's friend,however, sees the daughter of the man in the house and she said next time they are together she is going to ask her straight out if her dad has a dog, what kind etc.
Maybe on Thursday (if we get there), I'll ask the neighbour two doors down. It's this really weird area, it's hard to explain. THe houses are behind trees and stuff and not that close together and there are only about 4 of them. I can't slow down on the road because its a really busy street, so I park in a different area and walk. I'm scared somone is going to keep seeing me and get freaked out and get me in trouble or something. Like I said, I don't have any actual proof that he has a dog (or my dog), just a lead from someone else, and a really weird feeling when I was talking to him.

Winston
August 28th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Carlyg..maybe your friend could go to the door and pretend she is selling something or lost?? and maybe the dog will bark and come to the door?

Cindy

t.pettet
August 28th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Carlyg if you can get in touch with AC and explain the situation they should have a record of any dog registered with that address. If no dog is registered with AC that just means that they haven't bothered to tag the dog. See if you can get AC to accompany you to the house and have him/her (with poster in hand) ask about the bichon that resides there. Having someone in uniform and in authority might make all the difference. Wishing you success in finding Spencer.

Carlyg
August 28th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Asking for directions is a good idea.

I don't know..I don't think they would b other to tag a dog after they stole it. My dog already has a tatoo in his ear, you mean tag a dog like that? Oh, and just to clarify, I don't know if any bichon resides there. That was just a lead I got from a different house..they said they saw a white dog there that was not there before, but I don't know for sure if he actually has one. He said he didn't, but he could be lying. However maybe he was just watching a friends dog?...but he was so creepy. I don't know, I'll try the directions thing maybe...or ask the neighbour.

Ps. stupid question. What is AC?:o

rainbow
August 29th, 2007, 12:34 AM
AC is Animal Control. I haven't replied for quite a while but have been following your story. Good luck. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Carlyg
August 30th, 2007, 10:48 PM
I did not get to put up posters or look for spencer today.

It was an eventful day, however. My dad found a dog in his work parkinglot and he was going to run onto the highway so he brought the dog home. We took it to the vet to get scanned for a microchip but he didn't have one. We also got his breed etc so we could start posting on websites etc. We drove back to Etobicoke where my dad found him to see if the owners were looking. Thankfully there was a man there frantically looking around and my dad asked if he lost a dog. He said no but his brother did (a little grey one)..it was the one we found. He had escaped and got ontot he traintracks and the man thought he got hit so he was looking up and down the traintracks all day. I'm so happy we found the owner. He said he just got him 2 months ago. The dog was a beaten dog, he was thrown from a truck.

chico2
August 31st, 2007, 06:44 AM
Carly,that's great,glad you found the owner,your dad probably saved this pup's life:thumbs up
Now,if someone only would do the same for Spencer:pray:

CyberKitten
August 31st, 2007, 07:10 PM
I am so sorry to hear of your lost dog. Have you tried some of the ideas in this web site. They are invaluable!!

http://www.pet-detective.com/

Carlyg
September 1st, 2007, 12:24 AM
Thank you for that website, I have been reading many "success" stories from it as well as the tips.

rainbow
September 1st, 2007, 06:43 PM
Carly, :grouphug: to you and your dad for saving the little gray dog. :highfive: Hopefully, it will be a good omen for reuniting you with Spencer. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

SIL
September 3rd, 2007, 10:26 AM
Carly...there is an ad on craigslist.org for a found dog. Again there are no details about it but you might want to email them just in case.
http://toronto.craigslist.org/pet/412469058.html

Carlyg
September 3rd, 2007, 10:49 AM
thanks Sil.

WOW..if we thought the other ad with no age/colour/breed/size/sex was rude and a scam...this one is the rudest posting I have ever seen. "Be prepared to prove ownership and we MIGHT believe it's yours." "no breed, size clolour, etc, that's your job if it's your dog." Urg. what's the matter with everyone.

SIL
September 3rd, 2007, 07:36 PM
I agree with you...this post was as weird as the other one, if not more. It looks like they don't really want to give the dog up to it's rightful owner. :shrug:
I emailed them but it wasn't Billie.:sad:

Love4himies
September 4th, 2007, 06:53 AM
So is everybody who lost a dog suppose to respond to this ad because there are no details???

Carlyg
September 4th, 2007, 09:13 PM
I replied but it wasn't Spencer.
Their e-mail was nice though, despite the posting. Maybe they just really don't want to be scammed. So many scammers, so sad.

mummummum
September 5th, 2007, 08:58 PM
:goodvibes: that Spencer will be found and returned to you soon ~ don't give up hope.

Carlyg
September 20th, 2007, 08:32 PM
I was just wondering if anybody knows where I can get a copy of Canadian Pets and Animals magazine. They don't have them in the pet stores, and I can't find them at my vet. I contacted the publisher at the very end of August, (kind of got that idea from the people on this website:o). She said she would put in his information and picture in the next issue. I was just kind of wondering if it got in.

SIL
September 20th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Carly...I did a google search on the name and found their website. It is under construction but it shows where their magazines are distributed. Here's their site http://www.petsandanimals.ca/index.php?p=distribution
If Spencer is there I might contact the publisher myself.

Chris21711
September 21st, 2007, 11:00 AM
Carly, I pick up my copy at the local spca. I think they come out bi-monthly. Their e-mail address is: petsandanimals@personainternet.com. Tel: 705-432-8811. They are situated in Cannington, which is around the Beaverton area.

Ghett2
September 24th, 2007, 01:49 AM
Carly,
Just wanted you to know that Spencer was the feature dog on the Canadian spca website. Just thought you would want to know that he is still a top focus on the site. Good luck I still hold out hope for you.
Ghette

Carlyg
September 25th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Thank you for letting me know Ghett :):):) That makes me so happy.

..My friend was showing her mom my facebook group for Spencer. Her mom told her that she started hearing a dog whining around her house every night and it started about the beginnging of April. THe area where she lives is in WOodbridge. It's the only area I havn't put posters up. It's probably not Spencer, but the barking jumped out at her. I guess it's worth driving around tomorrow and putting up some REWARD posters.

Carlyg
October 13th, 2007, 12:09 AM
hehe. I just started a new job and everyone already knows me lol. They all knew about Spencer and they come up to me and ask "are you the girl that has been lookig for her dog?". It's great, I already have a bunch of friends. A while ago I began helping someone I met over the internet look for her dog. I sent her lists of websites and things to do and we shared our experiences..much this website. It so happens that she is my new manager. Small world. When I find Spencer, my store will have a celebration

chico2
October 13th, 2007, 07:08 AM
Carlyg,I bet you did not know sooo many people care about you and Spencer,must be a good feeling in all the sadness,there are good people out there.:dog:
Hopefully one of them will know where Spencer is:pray:

shirley1011
October 13th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Hi Carly
They just posted a white male bichon on Toronto EAst pet harbor.
Just thought you might like to check it out...no picture

Carlyg
October 17th, 2007, 07:26 PM
The bichon was gone by the time I got to look :(..I guess it's not Spencer.

I keep getting emails from people in broken english claiming they have my dog..when obviously they don't. It's really frustrating. I want to take my post of whatever site they are getting it from, but I put infomraiton on so many sights I don't know which one they are looking at.

kara1
October 20th, 2007, 10:54 AM
read your story and hope you find your spencer. good luck!

SIL
October 31st, 2007, 08:51 PM
Carly...there is another Bichon in the east animal shelter. There is no picture and they say he is 1 year old but....:shrug:
Good luck!!!:fingerscr

Carlyg
November 5th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Hey,
Thanks for that posing SIL,
I don't think that is my dog, however, there is another Bichon mix right below the one you were talking about. I think he looks so much like my dog. Not the picture I posted but when his hair gets really long SPencer looks just like the dog shown on othe www.toronto.ca/animal_service website.

I called today but they were closed. My school is only five minutes from the shelter so I want to go tomorrow. I'm scared though because it's been like 7 months and the people are going to think I'm insane. Last time they seemed irriated. They were like "ya know, it's been so long. SOmeone probably has hiim."..I KNOW that..I know he isn't on the streets. This dog was lost on Haloween though. Maybe..I don't know, they put him in the backyard and he got out? He escaped from me..couldn't he escape from whoever has him.

Mayyyybe they put him in the backyard because they didn't want him running to teh door when trick or treaters came hehe. ..I'm playing mystery detective now. Anyways, I'm going to call tomorrow and see if I should go in. I'm scared. But he looks just like him..everyone keeps saying so too and usually they tell me that it's not him for sure.

SIL
November 6th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Carly...I saw the other listing as well and thought about Spencer... Go and check it out, what have you got to loose!!! I've gone in to the shelter when they post the dog as a male even though Billie is a female. I've even sent my husband to the humane society late at night to check out a rottweiler listing. Anything is possible and you could be right about leaving him out at Halloween. Billie used to go crazy when people came to the door and I was hoping someone would get annoyed at that and take him to a shelter but...:cry:
Good luck...:pray::fingerscr

Carlyg
November 6th, 2007, 04:44 PM
The shelter said it wasn't him.
They said that dog wasn't nine.
THey also said he wasn't neutured.
:cry:
..looks like him though

Ghett2
November 6th, 2007, 10:57 PM
I'm still keep checking hoping you have found spencer. Still thinking about you and wishing you lots of luck.:pawprint:

Carlyg
November 6th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Ugh, I don't feel right about this one!! I just don't. I keep looking. He looks JUST LIKE him. Everything about the dog looks just like him.

What if the lady made a mistake. How does she know the dog isn't nine? DId she ask him??
And what if she just didnt see the tatoo?...she answered so quickly. I said, "does he have a tatoo and she like Nope..k bye" I didn't even get to say where the tatoo was.
I guess she couldn't make a mistake about the dog being neutured though.

I want to go in but I already called. And when I go in they think I'm some 16 year old kid looking for a dog. They don't take me seriously at all. THey just say "sorry hun, ur dog is probably stolen"
It's been too long though; nobody wants to check with me. I understand that.that's why I don't call for every dog..but this one looks exactly the same.

rainbow
November 7th, 2007, 12:51 AM
I've been following your story but haven't posted much. :grouphug: I just wanted to say follow your gut. Good luck and I hope it is Spencer. :pray: :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

chico2
November 7th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Carlyg,If you have doubts,follow your instincts and go and see the dog,who cares what people think and they cannot prevent you from seeing him.
The shelters are sooo busy,so many animals,the lady could be mistaken:pray:

Chris21711
November 7th, 2007, 07:56 AM
What are your waiting for Carly, it's just a car ride. If you don't go, you will always be thinking, 'what if'. To the people at the shelter, it's a job, to you, it's a member of your family. Go for it Carly.

Love4himies
November 7th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Do what your gut tells you to do otherwise you will always wonder.

Chris21711
November 7th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Carly, I took it upon myself to call the shelter (hope you don't mind), the person who answers the phone doesn't work with the dogs, she at first said 'no he is not neutered', I said that could be just a typo right, she agreed. Then she said that one of the animal care attendants had just walked into the reception area, she spoke to her. She told me that they was UNABLE to confirm if he was or not, because he was not being very friendly (they don't want to take the chance of being bitten). That being also the reason for not knowing his age (normally they check their teeth to try and approximate how old they are). I said I was trying to help a friend locate her dog that went missing a couple of weeks ago, if you go in don't tell them how long ago Spencer went missing and don't be intimidated by people thinking your nuts. She said they are open until 6.30p.m., give it a try Carly you have nothing to lose and hopefully gain from it.
Remember Jake that went missing from Keswick last month, the man who picked him up, took him home 35kms away. Good Luck.

Winston
November 7th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Carlyg...you owe it to yourself to settle this feeling you have! As Chris21711 said, the dog has not been friendly, so who knows if any of the info is correct! Please go, you wont be able to rest until you confirm it! and WHO cares what they think! If it was me I would think you are a dedicated pet owner!!

Let us know

Cindy

Chris21711
November 7th, 2007, 11:50 AM
They confirmed that they did not know if he was neutered or not, or his age. I did ask them if he appeared deaf, they did not know that either. The girl I spoke to said that a lot of dogs get stressed in that type of environment, consequently they are not that friendly, that I know from experience I go to our local SPCA and volunteer, a lot of times the smaller dogs are so fearful they appear agressive, they even shake they are that scared. Poor Souls. Keeping fingers crossed for you Carly.

chico2
November 7th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Maybe the reason he is not friendly,could have a lot to do with beeing deaf,also of course the shelter environment and whatever else this pup has endured.

SIL
November 7th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Carly...go check it out to make sure it isn't Spencer. Being in a shelter would definitely put alot of stress on an animal and especially if it is Spencer, knowing that he is deaf. They can't stop you from going in, when I went to the West Shelter they actually invited me to go in even though none of the dogs matched Billie's description. You should be happy that they think you're 16...I wish they thought that of me :laughing: If you need someone to go in with you, let me know. :fingerscr:pray:

Carlyg
November 8th, 2007, 01:26 PM
:cry::cry:It wasn't him. I'm sorry, my insticts were wrong. It looked sooo much like him though. When I went in, I had to look like 3 times. Then I got on my knees and his mouth was copper, and there was some copper colour near his eyes that wern't in the picture. But everything else looked like him.

Thank you very very much for phoning, Chris. If you didn't phone I wouldn't have gone in and would still be wondering. They knew right away what dog I was looking for. I told them he was lost a couple of weeks ago.

Ugh, it looked so much like him. Sorry again. :sorry:

Chris21711
November 8th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Was so hoping it was Spencer Carly, truly sad it did not turn out to be a happy re-union. Did the little guy seem agressive to you?

There are so many of you out there that would love to have their guys home with them and the shelters are just full of pets that the owners do not even care about.

Sorry again Carly it wasn't him :cry: If you had not have gone, you would always wonder, what if.

chico2
November 8th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Awww Carly,I was sooo hoping:sad:

SIL
November 8th, 2007, 05:56 PM
I was also hoping for a happy reunion :sorry::cry: I'm glad you went so that you could be 100% sure. Chris is right, there are so many pets in the shelters and so many owners without their loved ones :shrug:

Carlyg
November 9th, 2007, 12:14 AM
thank you everyone
and no, Chris, he didn't seem aggressive to me. I bent down and even put my hand on his mouth to check his teeth. When I went to do that though, I saw the different colouring on his eyes and mouth. I didn't actually open his mouth because as soon as I saw that, I knew it wasn't him and I didn't want to risk getting bitten (even though he seemed really calm).

kara1
November 9th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Did you ever find anything out about that house that you've been wondering about? with the old man?

jennlyn
November 10th, 2007, 12:48 AM
First of all I wanted to say I am a new member as of today. And I clicked on a post that caught my eye as the beginning of this, it just broke my heart as I have read through all of the posts leading to now. I am so sorry and really hope there is a happy resolution to this. I have sit here and really just cried my eyes out reading this, I truely feel for you Carly and wish you the best. And to everyone that has been supporting, encouraging and helping, I just have to say you are all amazing! I tell my husband all the time, I still have hope for him, that people who truely love their pets are good people!

Jenn

SIL
November 10th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Carly...another male bichon frise mix at the north animal shelter...

http://www.petharbor.com/detail.asp?ID=A414129&LOCATION=TRNT2&searchtype=LOST&friends=1&samaritans=1&nosuccess=0&rows=10&imght=120&imgres=thumb&view=sysadm.v_animal_short&bgcolor=639ace&text=ffffff&link=FEFF81&alink=FF814A&vlink=FEFF81&fontface=arial&fontsize=10&col_hdr_bg=004d84&col_hdr_fg=efeff7&col_bg=004d84&col_fg=ffffff&SBG=004d84&zip=m&miles=10&shelterlist='TRNT1','TRNT','TRNT2','TRNT3','TRNT4' ,'TRNT5'&atype=&where=type_DOG

:fingerscr:pray:

Carlyg
November 10th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Kara, no I havn't done anything more with that house. I just don't have enough information to just go barging in. My friend who is friends with that guy's grandson is pretty sure he doesn't have him as well. I don't have anything to go by other than "you're weird, gimme back my dog" or .."the psychic lady said you have the same lamp as the people who took my dog"

Jennlyn, thank you for your post. It's so nice:grouphug:..Welcome to our website (although, it's not my website lol..I just post here). Your post was very sweet, and yes, everyone on here is extremely helpful. One day, we just have to get our dogs/cats back. Spencer, Billie, Sable and everyone else. For now, we'll help each other out.

And thanks SIL..I saw that too. That's at the same shelter where I was juts looking at that other Bichon..and I think eh came into the shelter that same day..probably just after I left :frustrated:

SIL
November 12th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Carly according to the post on the 'north' toronto shelter the male bichon frise there now is about 8 years old!!! Someone also posted a 'found' bichon frise on the humane society website. It's a male found in Richmond Hill and there is a phone number.
Good luck and please keep us posted...:goodvibes::fingerscr:pray:

Carlyg
November 13th, 2007, 02:12 PM
:sad:No, it wasn't him either. I went to the shelter again to check. He was really really really small, but he looked like him too. I think everything looks like him now. haha. His eyes were different too..he didn't have pink around them. Someone is missing their dog though. This one was found wearing a sweater lol.

They gave the dog that was there last week to a rescue because he was old and not socialized very well. I hope he finds a home.

I was hoping this one would be Spencer. It's my birthday and I don't want anything else.
I'm not too let down though. I know better.

SIL
November 13th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Sorry it wasn't Spencer...Happy Birthday!!!
All I wanted for my birthday was Billie too but it came and went and nothing.:sad::frustrated:

chico2
November 13th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Aww Carly,Happy Birthday!!
So sorry,again it was not Spencer,we'll just have to hope for a miracle:pray:

kara1
November 14th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Happy belated birthday carly hope you had a good day and take care

SIL
November 20th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Carly...someone found a male Bichon Frise, his picture is on the humane society's website. :fingerscr

SIL
November 20th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Carly...sorry to hound you again but there is a bichon at the south animal shelter. No picture yet. Good luck!!!

Carlyg
November 20th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the bday wishes everyone

and THanks sil!! You're not hounding at all.
I like to know all information and any bichon that comes up. I appreciate it a lot:)

Chris21711
November 23rd, 2007, 10:37 AM
Carly, they have another Bichon (seems to be to breed du jour) at the North Shelter. This little guy looks like he has been poorly kept. It's hard to see with so much hair what his eyes are like. Since it is not that far from where you work, it could be worth you checking out...Chris

chico2
November 23rd, 2007, 04:06 PM
OMG,what is it with all these Bichons in shelters are they runners,or what..
The other day when I walked Bailey,there was a Bichon sitting on the fronstep of a house,not tied up and all alone:yell:
I guess the lady saw us and came out,she said he's very obedient and stays on the porch....IMO,nobody can be 100% sure the dog is going to stay,I'd think that lady was taking a big risk with her Bichon.
Carly,it must be heartbreaking seeing all these Bichons,but maybe one day,it might be little Spencer:pray:

Carlyg
November 23rd, 2007, 04:19 PM
THank you for the notice, I'll definelty go check him out.

Ugh, the poor dog looks soo knotted, his hair is so mangled. It's hard to tell what is under there.

ANd ya, I don't understand what's up with all the Bichons latley. They are poted everywhere!...and the more there are..the more alike they all look.

Poor animal shelters keep hearing from me lol..they are like oh yes, you again haha. This time I might not look insane if I do tell them 8 months..cuz that dog looks like he has been homeless for threee years!

Carlyg
November 26th, 2007, 08:03 PM
That matted dog in the shelted wasn't Spencer:cry: I went to go look at him.

Pooor dog though. Whoever owned him shouldn't be allowed to have him back (unless of course he was missing for a while or stolen or something and the condiditon he is in isn't there fault). He was worse in person than in the picture. THe hair was stuck to him in clumps..all of it. He was so sad, he kept making this howling noise. he reminded me of some of the stray dogs I've seen in Italy roaming the streets. I don't understand how he could have gotten that way.

Second of all,
Can someone tell me what they make of this phone call I recieved.
A woman called me who said she received a dog from someone who she thinks could have been mine. Someone found the dog and gave it to somebody else who gave it to somebody else who gave it to her. She said the dog was very old and he was sad all the time and he started to get sick so she wanted to find the owners because she thought he looked very lonley. SHe gave it to the shelter on PRogress Avenue who gave it to a rescue group because he was old and seemed to have a lot of problems.
This, however, took place in July. She said she recently saw his informaiton on the humane socieyt website and phoned me.
I'm giong to call progres avenue tomorrow when they are open and give them the woman's name and phone numebr and maybe they know which rescue group they took him too. Do you think they would still know that?..She said they called the breeder from the tatoo in his ear but the breeder never called back. Do you think, if they did call, they would have it on file somewhere so I cold identify the breeder and see if it matches. These are silly questions because I'm going to call tomorrow and ask anyways..but I'm curious now lol

chico2
November 27th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Carly,I know you,like I would,will follow up on this phone-call,you never know:fingerscr
I would like to think,people would not pull pranks that would break someones heart,but..
This woman seems to have a lot of info,maybe it's legit:pray:

Chris21711
November 27th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Carly, I think you are going to have to make the trip to Progress Ave. to get the information you want. I don't think that they will go to too much trouble over the phone to help you out, or they will take the information and say they will get back to you. I was looking over old posts on your thread and saw that there was mention of a couple of Bichons in July at the east shelter. Did the lady you spoke to leave a contact number? Maybe she could be a bit more specific as to where she got the dog from. Good Luck Carly.

I'm surprised and disgusted at the same time that the shelter would leave the dog you saw in such bad shape. It is a bloody sin.

Carlyg
November 27th, 2007, 10:02 PM
:wall: it wasn't him..sound familiar?

THe people at progress ave went through the files and saw the tatoo number the dog had in his ear. From that they knew the breeder that they called and it was a different breeder. My mom talked to them this time, not me...so that's all I know.
I was thinking about the lady who called me a few weeks ago and told me she saw a dog on an email from a rescue. He was white and deaf and he looked like mine. SHe had deleated the email though and we spent forever tryign to find out where the dog was...and we emailed rescues who forwarded the info along. I was thinking it could be the same dog (my dog). It still might be the same dog, but it wasn't mine.

SIL
November 28th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Carly...sorry to hear it wasn't Spencer :sad: I was really hoping for some good news...we need to find all our furry friends so we can have a huge Christmas celebration.....

Carlyg
December 8th, 2007, 09:42 PM
T'was the night before Christmas
And all throught the house:candle:
not a creature was sturring.....
EXCEPT FOR MY STUPID LAZY FISH!

Chris21711
December 11th, 2007, 01:22 PM
You are sounding as if you're frustrated Carly.:wall:

jadams007
December 11th, 2007, 01:47 PM
hope ya find him

SIL
December 11th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Carly...I know exactly how you feel!!! I hope Santa hears us and brings Spencer, Billie, Sable and all the other lost furry friends home for Christmas.:yell::grouphug:

chico2
December 11th, 2007, 03:50 PM
SIL,that's what I asked Santa to do too,I can't even begin to imagine how you all must feel,wondering if he/she is suffering or even still alive.:sad:
One of my cats was missing for only 2 hours and I just about crawled out of my skin,very close to hysteria,but then there he was,waiting for us on the porch.
I wish with all my heart that will happen to all of you this Christmas:pray:

SIL
December 14th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks Chico...maybe if alot of people ask for the same thing Santa will listen.
Carly, another male bichon frise mix at your favorite shelter (north).
Good luck.:pray::fingerscr

Carlyg
December 24th, 2007, 09:40 PM
I'll make a silent wish
Just for you this Christmas
To keep you safe and warm,
Never led astray.
That everywhere you go
Is sheltered from the storm
And that my Christmas wish
Is with you every day. :pray:

Merry Christmas everybody. Thank you all for the helping me out these past months. I hope all the lost pets can come home one day soon. Happy Holidays.

And now I promise you
With all my heart this Christmas,
That all the love we shared
Will never go away.
Your spirit's everywhere
And I hope you know
That you are always here,
Home on Christmas day.
:candle:

Winston
December 24th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Carly, what a lovely tribute to your Spensor! I pray for his safe return everyday,,along with all the others missing their pets.

Merry Christmas

Cindy

chico2
December 25th, 2007, 07:20 AM
Carly,a beautiful X-Mas wish,but read through my tears,tears for Sable,Billie and little Spencer:sad:
I wish I had a magic wand to bring them all back home..

Ghett2
January 8th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Hi carly and everyone, I was hoping for good news but its still as sad as ever.
Maybe the New Year will be a better one then the last.
Good luck in 2008
:grouphug:

aslan
January 9th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Carly there is a bichon at the Toronto humane society on River st, They have him listed as being 6 but who knows, he's wearing a blue collar. Check the website out. :fingerscr

Carlyg
January 12th, 2008, 11:15 PM
thanks for the info aslan,
is the dog you are talking about named Charlie..that is the only bichon I see there. He was given up by his owners awhile a go..but unfortuntaly he isn't spencer. :sad:
thanks anywyas though:)

Carlyg
January 14th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Hello again,
I just found this picture on my mom's ipod. I've never seen it before. It's like he stopped by to say hello. I just wanted to post it. THanks:)

chico2
January 15th, 2008, 07:25 AM
OMG Carly,now I am in tears,what a wonderful sweet face:sad:
Someone has him,I am sure and he's alive,maybe,hopefully,this was some sort of sign:pray:

Love4himies
January 18th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Yes, chico is right, he has such a sweet face, somebody has probably kept him, without any consideration to you, who are missing him so much.

Carlyg
February 10th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Did anybody see the news today about the dog that was found after 2 and a half months? Both his back legs were broken and his pelvis was crushed but he lived in the woods all that time. I saw the man on the news and he was crying when they found him, he said he was so happy.

I'm so glad the man found his dog:)
Here is the article
http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/Front/1036077.html

I want my dog. I was watching the this tv station and they put out a search for this woman's hat. I wish I saw them do something like this sooner- they probably would have put out something for a missing dog if they put out a search for a hat.

chico2
February 11th, 2008, 07:11 AM
I read the news,but it was a few days ago,it certainly is a miracle,somone was looking out for Bear.
Hopefully all"our"missing pups will also somehow find their way home:pray:

Carlyg
February 20th, 2008, 06:39 PM
I got the globe and mail call too!!!
Yayy. I'm so happy- not just because Spencer's info might be in the paper, but I think I was kind of right after all.

Lots of people say that I (we) should stop looking. "It's been a year and nobody cares." Well I don't think that we need anybody else to care as long as we still care.

Even if I havn't done a full door to door- take out the flashlights- bring out the tape, lets go on a search for a while- I still put up informaiton on the internet, a thread and a poster here and there. I just put it out there in hopes that one day someone, somewhere will just stop to notice it. Well, It's been a year and the lady from the globe and mail noticed our dogs were missing and I think that's pretty good.

I was also getting a little bit bitter, and I don't think you are suppose to be bitter. I think your suppose to empathize with people in your situation and help them out (like we do here at pets.ca) ..and maybe one day it will come back to you. (that's not taken from that stupid book "the secret" either...it's just what you do so the world doesn't implode). But along comes this man with 15,000 dollars and all of a sudden he gets his dog back just like that. When the globe and mail called me she said "he got his dog back, but what about all the other missing dogs?"..and then she helped us out. I think that's pretty good too.

I don't think I got his poster in the because I was at work and couldn't get out and I missed the deadline :( ..but maybe something good will happen anyways.

:fingerscr Spencer, Sable, Billie

and horray for the pets.ca family

Shaykeija
February 20th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Lots of people say that I (we) should stop looking. "It's been a year and nobody cares." Well I don't think that we need anybody else to care as long as we still care.

I care....:grouphug:

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l161/MzCandy11/miss_you.gif

chico2
February 21st, 2008, 07:28 AM
I do too and as for giving up looking,if it were my dog/cat,I would never give up looking,hoping:pray:
Please let us know what's happening with this reporting,I don't get the Globe and Mail,only The Star,but maybe they too would pick up on this story:fingerscr

Chris21711
February 21st, 2008, 07:52 AM
You know Carly, anytime a Bichon shows up you will be notified, none of us here have swept it under the carpet. Get out of that hair salon and come on home Spencer.

Carlyg
February 21st, 2008, 09:04 AM
OH, I know everyone here cares. (that's what it says in the globe and mail article) lol. I saw it on the internet..I need to buy a paper lol. I work in a bookstore..I must sell newspapers somwehre.

chico2
February 21st, 2008, 09:22 AM
Carly,could you direct us to the article in the Globe???

Chris21711
February 21st, 2008, 09:24 AM
Do you remember last year Carly when a lot of Bichons were showing up at the TAS, makes me wonder if a nefarious breeder goes around the city dumping them. I've noticed other times, theres a lot of Jacks, or Shepherds or whatever showing up all at the same time.

Carlyg
February 21st, 2008, 09:54 AM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080221.wldog21/BNStory/lifeMain/home

this is the article in the globe. if it doesn't work, just go to the life section.

and that's an interesting idea Chris. It could be. It's so strange- all the same breeds just randomly show up.

I wish there were pictures in that article. she did list a lot of websites though. Maybe someone will get curious and go looking.

deb12
February 21st, 2008, 10:22 AM
Way to go Carlyg, I almost cried :cry: reading the post. I am for sure on your side to find Spencer. I don't think your crazy at all, people have their children go missing and 10 years later are still looking for them. What is the difference?

Sure their human and your pup is a dog, but they are family! :pawprint:

Too bad Spencer can't read the newspaper, he would find his way home.

Good Luck and I hope some good person reads that article and knows where he is!!!! :fingerscr

Deb

Carlyg
March 5th, 2008, 09:32 PM
I'm printing out all my courses and everything for an academic advising appoitnment tomorrow. This just reminds me of last year, about this time, a day after Spenccer went missing I had an academic adivising appointment with my professor and she barley asked me questions about my courses lol...she just kept asking if "everything was ok" and "why arn't you smiling today?"...It was the day after spencer went missing and I didn't tell her because, then, I thought losing a dog was a little kid problem and a third year university student shouldn't care about something so much that is so minute.

however, it's been almost a year and its as much on my mind now as it was an entire year ago. You think you'd get on with thigns but its still the first thing I think about in the morning, and the very last thing I think about at night.

Actually the other night i had a dream spencer was living in this old old one room house with this old woman with grey hair who was always wearing pyjamas and all she did was hit him! and she wo uldn't let him come inside. ..but then in my dream I found him and saved him.

Do you want to know the worst feeling ever?
When you dream you found soemthing and in the morning you forget its a dream and reach over for what you found...and its not there.

ddianam
March 5th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Hi Carlyg,
I noticed that you live in the woodbridge area and that you lost your dog about a year ago.Oh and I also noticed that you have a York email address, I go to York as well! I just lost my dog on Monday March 3rd, he got out of our backyard somehow and we have been looking for him ever since. Since, we live in the same area, can you please please please keep your eyes open if you see him around or if you hear anything about someone getting a new dog. He is a 14yr old blonde cockapoo, and he is very friendly. We think that someone may have seen him in our area and stole him since we went looking for him right away, about half hour after he went missing. Everyones help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Diana

Carlyg
March 8th, 2008, 10:05 PM
hey guys,
Look at this video.
I know Me, SIL, Shirey and Diana and probably everyone who lost pets here would give ANYTHING to have this happen.

I like this video (even though I'm extremely jealous) but it gives me a small amount of hope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTMPWgYcT7s&feature=related

chico2
March 9th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Carly thank's,a great feelgood story of Chewy...the little boy said it"Never give up hope":pray:

Love4himies
March 9th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Ohh I am so happy for Chewy and his family, what a coincidence!!
Don't give up, carlyg, Spencer is out there somewhere.

SIL
March 9th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Carly thanks for sharing the video. I know how you feel, happy for Chewy and his family but jealous at the same time because it isn't Spencer. At least it gives us some hope.

ddianam
April 3rd, 2008, 12:59 PM
Hey , I just thought that you should check out a new posting on the toronto humane society website. There is a new posting of a found poodle mix dog. I know that Spencer has been missing for a year now, but you never know and it's definitely worth a shot. Look under 'dogs at shelter',he is the only poodle type dog there i think...you can't miss it.
Good luck!

Carlyg
April 3rd, 2008, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the info Diana
I looked at the picture on the website. He does look pretty close..but thankfully that picture gives a clear view of all the dogs teeth. My dog was missing most of his bottom teeth.

I'll keep hoping though..and hoping and hoping and hoping

Shaykeija
April 4th, 2008, 02:27 AM
I was thinking of Spencer today also...

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x167/kricket_018/Hugs%20Kisses%20and%20Prayers/nhugs1gf9.gif

Chris21711
April 4th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Carly, I was thinking of you too. I was on the Kennel Inn site yesterday and they have a Bichon up for adoption (tho I think he is too tall). I'm pretty sure it is not Spencer, but you might want to take a look.

SIL
April 29th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Carly...there is a male bichon frise approximately 7 years old showing in petharbor at the Toronto Humane Society (ID#A121151). Just thought you might want to take a look.

Carlyg
April 29th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Hi everyone
Chris, I did look at that dog when you sent me that link awhile ago. It wasn't him :(

ANd sil, i don't know why I can't see the dog. Is it in the adoption section?
THere is one bichon, but he is too small and his hair is curly. I think that miht be the one you were talking about. I just noticed you gave me an ID. I'm going to check again.

I got a hamster yesterday. hahah. I was excited to come home and play with him...but he won't play. I think I'm spoiling him though because I miss spencer so much. The hamster has TWO houses and toys and sneak it apples lol. Nobody knows i have him because I'm not aloud. Don't worry though, he isn't neglected. He lives in my room on my bookshelf. I give it a week before someone notices. Then they won't be able to do anything about it lol.

Chris21711
April 30th, 2008, 09:11 AM
He is in the adoption section, I was looking at it this morning. Congrats on your new pet Carly, have you called him Hammy :). Your parents don't know about him? If not you will have two pets, cos they are going to have a bird :D

Carlyg
April 30th, 2008, 01:51 PM
:thumbs uphahahha lol. that's funny.

And no, his name isn't Hammy.

His christian name being Phillip and his fathers family name being Pirrip, his hamster tongue can pronounce nothing more explicit than that of PIP. haha.

His name is Pip because my favorite Charles Dickens book is Great Expectations and Pip lives on my bookshelf underneath all the books. I'll call him Phillip when he is in trouble.

and yeah, that's the bichon I was looking at. It's not him..he is too small and has a different face. There is another dog named Rudy though...he is a mini poodle and looks more like Spencer.

ddianam
May 1st, 2008, 10:36 AM
Hey Carlyg,
I was just wondering if you ever ended up getting another dog after Spencer? Everyone is telling me to get another dog, but it has only been 2 months since my dog has been missing and I would feel very guilty if I were to get another dog...I feel like it's just wrong of me to get another dog, it would be like replacing the one I lost.

Carlyg
May 1st, 2008, 04:25 PM
hey Ddianam

no, I never got another dog after Spencer. I know exactly how you feel though. After two months, I wasn't ready for another dog. It was too soon and I felt like I would be replacing him. For me, it's been just over a year. I'm ready for another one..(I still feel guilty though, but I really need a dog and I would still keep doing what I could to find Spencer). My parents say no more pets though.

But ya, two months was too soon for me too. It took me a year start thinking about another one.

Carlyg
May 13th, 2008, 09:43 PM
I wrote an article about my search for Spencer for Dogs IN Canada magazine. They said they are going to publish it!...(but not until January because they have articles lines up until then)..but still, they are going to publish it...They asked me to send in pictures of Spencer for their illustrator to work with too.

i k now by now it won't help find him, but maybe it will help make at least one person realize that if they find a stray dog..it MAY actually have an owner and they should look for him/her!

Carlyg
June 22nd, 2008, 10:10 AM
Hello,
I'm still here too. Still Reading about all the new missing pets and still desperatly hoping for Spencer, Sable and Billie and everyone else who is missing.

BusterBoo
June 22nd, 2008, 10:22 AM
Carlyg.....everytime I see you add to this thread, my heart skips a beat and I pray that you are reporting that you have found Spencer.... :sad:

shirley1011
June 24th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Carly...it probably isn't Spencer but take a look at Toronto North's new posting of a male bichon.

Carlyg
June 24th, 2008, 10:01 PM
thanks shirley, I"ll check it out.

Carlyg
June 26th, 2008, 11:52 PM
does anyone know where I can get a list of breeders in Ontario.

Carlyg
July 3rd, 2008, 10:43 PM
well, my parents caved. I got a puppy. He's a maltipoo named Teddy. (my dad named him)

I've already called him Spencer a couple of times by accident. He does silly things that remind me of Spencer (by the way , I'm still not giving up..but now when Spencer comes home he will have a little brother).

chico2
July 4th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Carly,that's great,now you have someone to love while waiting for Spencer:lovestruck:
I hope you posted some pics:fingerscr

SIL
July 4th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Congrats Carly!!! Just saw Teddy's pictures on facebook and he's adorable. You definitely have to post some here :thumbs up

Chris21711
July 4th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Congrats Carly, I'm sure he will help fill part of the void in your heart. So happy for you. :thumbs up Of course we need pics, lots of them and what about your Hammy is he doing OK?

Ghett2
July 7th, 2008, 06:42 PM
:thumbs up I'm so happy for you!!! I keep checking from time to time just for updates. I'm glad you got a new puppy to love.

laurel
July 8th, 2008, 09:48 PM
I have a lost dog as well. I know how heartbreaking it can be. While I was checking out Petfinder classifieds I noticed a listing on July 4th for a white neut/male curly short haired dog - Bichon or cockapoo. Might be worth checking out if you haven't already. I hope you find your dog. Don't give up, I've heard of people finding them even after a year.

Carlyg
August 11th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I made a scrapbook with all my Spencer Search adventures. I have this entire thread printed, my facbeook page, all my scams, my posters, newsarticles, emails to t.v. and radio and messages from people everywhere.
I was hoping it would help me not feel so guilty about getting Teddy, because I can open the book and see all the stuff I did do to find Spencer...

The first thing I did today when I got Teddy's rabies vaccination tag was register him on getmehome.ca I kept saying I was going to do that with spencer, and I never did and it was too late.

chico2
August 12th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Carly,we all know how you've tried every trick in the book to try to find Spencer,please don't feel guilty, I am sure Spencer would love his little buddy Teddy.

Carlyg
September 4th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Wow, what a weird day.

A few days ago I was putting away books at the bookstore where I work and i came across a book called 'Cormac, the tale of a dog gone missing," It's a true story about a man who searching for his lost dog. THe back of the books says
"if you have ever stared down an empty road waiting for your beloved animal to come home, then you will enjoy this book."

of course, I had to buy the book.

I finished reading it today and of course was upset that the man found his dog and I didn't find SPencer.

ANyways, I got home from school today and I got a phone call. It was from a woman who lived not far from my house (about 5 minute drive). Her sons had found a lost white bichon walking around and they called me to see if it was Spencer. I went over there to check. It wasn't him.

We just think it's so weird that we still get phone calls even after all this time.