Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pets.ca Arcade

Lukka'sma
April 23rd, 2007, 02:14 PM
I was cruising through the arcade and came across a few names that come up frequently as trophy holders however I never see any posts in the forum from these members.
Why can't Marko make it impossible to enter the arcade until a certain number of posts have been reached. Or until OK'd by admin. (for those that are active members but have few posts, are here to stay however) At least that way we can be certain the the trophy holders are active members of this forum.
Maybe I don't read enough of the thread here and if I am wrong I appologize but has anyone ever seen a post from jester62391, aunttintx, pacman?

Stacer
April 23rd, 2007, 04:27 PM
It's funny that you mention this, I noticed the exact same thing the other day. Trophy holders that I don't recognize, and recent winners at that who I've never seen hide nor hair of in the forum area. Weird.

jiorji
April 23rd, 2007, 04:33 PM
well they are active members if they use the arcade. I don't think marko should force people to post by not allowing them to play in arcade until they reach a certain # of posts.:o Just because people don't post, that doesn't mean they don't use the information on the forums ;)

Lukka'sma
April 23rd, 2007, 05:39 PM
well they are active members if they use the arcade. I don't think marko should force people to post by not allowing them to play in arcade until they reach a certain # of posts.:o Just because people don't post, that doesn't mean they don't use the information on the forums ;)

I should have known

Hunter's_owner
April 23rd, 2007, 06:13 PM
I don't know, I kind of agree with Lukka'sMa.
You can use the site without being registered, so if registering is only to use the arcade, then it kinda takes the fun out if it for the rest of us. :shrug:
I know I have just about stopped playing because of those reasons. :o

otter
April 23rd, 2007, 06:49 PM
Yikes, I only played at the arcade one day but I won a trophy. I kept wondering why it never disappeared from my name, I thought when the next person won they just got the trophy. Now it sounds to me like i've been a trophy hog. Do I have to go back to the arcade to "give up" my trophy? How does this all work??:confused:

Lukka'sma
April 23rd, 2007, 07:19 PM
Yikes, I only played at the arcade one day but I won a trophy. I kept wondering why it never disappeared from my name, I thought when the next person won they just got the trophy. Now it sounds to me like i've been a trophy hog. Do I have to go back to the arcade to "give up" my trophy? How does this all work??:confused:

You keep that trophy and go for as many as you can get!!
My whole point is that you post in the forum and are active on this site so play as much as you like

Puppyluv
April 23rd, 2007, 07:23 PM
I agree Luka'sMa.
I mean, especially with the poor attitude of one of the unknown game-players.
The arcade is nice to play in when it's a little friendly competition between people whoaren'ton this site just to win and dominate. When someone comes on with the sole purpose of taking all of the trophies, not contribute to the community at all, and be fairly rude in the process, it's no longer fun.

otter
April 23rd, 2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks... I really like my trophy :lovestruck:

Stacer
April 23rd, 2007, 08:16 PM
Since those fools don't post they'll never read this, so...lets all work extra hard to shove them from the top place, make it our mission to get contributing members to the top.

Lukka'sma
April 23rd, 2007, 08:29 PM
Thanks... I really like my trophy :lovestruck:

:thumbs up

Prin
April 23rd, 2007, 10:17 PM
I agree. I haven't played since that person took my snowboarding title just to be spiteful and just to have the trophy. They play all the games, just to get the trophies. :sad:

I think aunttintx posts some... zpilot55 hasn't posted either though. It sucks because they seem like gamers and we're leisurely players, you know? Without the gamers, it's a fun battle of the mediocres.:D

Hunter's_owner
April 24th, 2007, 06:31 AM
Yeah that is the way I looked at it too. We are all okay when it comes to playing, so it makes it friendly competition and nothing becomes unreachable. But now when the gamers come in and take over the fun is gone right out of it because there is nothing to try for anymore:o

marko
April 24th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Hmmm - interesting.

I'll discuss this with Dave but my first instinct is not to meddle in this one. Once a member joins they have access to the arcade. If they get trophies because they are the best players don't they deserve them?

If we set a limit on the amount of posts people need to make before they can play in the arcade, people will just post garbage to get to that count.

Thanks

Marko

Hunter's_owner
April 24th, 2007, 08:48 AM
I thought about that too Marko, posting garbage just to get their counts up. :shrug:
There may not be a way to fix this, and like you said if they get the best score, they do deserve the trophy, but it takes the fun out of it for us "regular" members.:o

marko
April 24th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Can't members have fun WITHOUT winning the trophy?
You know the whole playing just to play thing.
That it's not all about winning?
Just doing the best we can.
...and all that other stuff we tell youngsters? :shrug:

Hunter's_owner
April 24th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Yeah I guess you are right:o
I guess some of us are a little competitive though:evil: :laughing:

Lukka'sma
April 24th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Can't members have fun WITHOUT winning the trophy?
You know the whole playing just to play thing.
That it's not all about winning?
Just doing the best we can.
...and all that other stuff we tell youngsters? :shrug:

I agree to a point Marko. If you want to take it one step further why not eliminate the trophy's and the high score titles and then for sure anybody who plays will just be there to play just for fun.

Prin
April 24th, 2007, 11:32 AM
It's more fun when we beat each other by a hair than when a gamer comes in and beats us all by doubling our score, trophies or not.

happycats
April 24th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Okay so who is this "Jester62391" seems to be getting all the trophy's:mad:
Lets just see them try and get my Yhatzee Poker trophy:angel: :D .

Stacer
April 24th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Or my Mystery Science Torture 3000 trophy, that one was a b*tch to get. I don't think anyone's tried to get that one it's such a horribly torturous game.

mafiaprincess
April 24th, 2007, 05:54 PM
I stopped playing not because it's not fun.. but because of what Prin mentioned. It is more fun to keep playing beating people by a smidge, where everyone is doing sort of the same.

Someone coming in and doubling their score, makes it feel liek there's little point to playing since it's an unattainable goal.

If someone joins just to use the arcade.. there are hundreds of thousands of sites online for gaming.. Didn't think that was the point to pets.ca really..

I was always a touch annoyed when you click on a person's name on the high score it doesn't take you to their profile or it never did when I did it, but the names always seemed to be people I'd never seen on the site.

Puppyluv
April 24th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Or my Mystery Science Torture 3000 trophy, that one was a b*tch to get. I don't think anyone's tried to get that one it's such a horribly torturous game.

I can imagine! I don't even want to try and get the mouse race trophy back... The scores used to be all nice and close, and now one is several hundred points over the 2nd place score.

I did my part for now.. I took away his V-Force trophy, but that one is so easy to win, that it won't be for long.:shrug:
But I'd like to see them try and get my Funky Pong Trophy :D

marko
May 1st, 2007, 03:22 PM
Effective immediately members have to be members for a certain amount of time and have a certain amount of posts to play in the arcade.

This thread will now be closed.

Thanks all

Marko