Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Calgary, cleanest city in the world: Forbes Magazine

Rick C
April 23rd, 2007, 11:21 AM
Forbes Magazine names Calgary as the cleanest city in the world . . . . interesting choice.

Other Canadian cities names as well at the link below:

http://www.forbes.com/2007/04/16/worlds-cleanest-cities-biz-logistics-cx_rm_0416cleanest_slide_2.html

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

trippincherri
April 23rd, 2007, 02:35 PM
You know I have lived in Alberta all my life and never actually been in Calgary!
I went to Drumheller and Rosebud and everywhere in between but never Calgary.
So is it as clean as they say?
I heard it is a very pretty city...but for some reason people still say they like Edmonton better and Edmonton is not exactly the cleanest city.

Rick C
April 23rd, 2007, 02:59 PM
My house is about 900 feet higher than Calgary, so when I drive into the south end, where my office is, the entire city is laid out before me . . . . often underneath a sort of a brownish, smoggy haze.

Relative to other cities I've been, I'd have to say its clean . . . . but that's not to say there isn't stuff blowing around or some occasional rubbish strewn along the river or in parks.

It's all relative. I was surprised to see Calgary number one but then, why not?

Is it cleaner than Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver? I've been to all of those cities but couldn't say if there's an appreciable difference.

But Canadian cities do seem to be cleaner than American cities. . . . . I did find London to be pretty clean but I hear that will draw wild guffaws from native Londoners. And I'll be in Rome next month which I hear is a dirty city.

"The City By The Bow"

http://www.calgarycanadianrockies.com/assets/images/calgary_banff.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Puppyluv
April 23rd, 2007, 03:14 PM
I'm not suprised it's in the top 10, or even the top 5, but I'm a little suprised it's the number 1. Compared to Montreal though, Calgary is pristine. You don't really notice how dirty a city is until you live in it (unless it's REALLY bad), and now that I've lived in Montreal for a while, I realize how filthy it is here.

Cathy1
April 23rd, 2007, 03:55 PM
I have travelled through Calgary on my way to B.C about 5 times and I didn't find it too bad, but then again I was just passing through. One thing I hate and that is there are too many stop lights and it's a constant stop & go.

chico2
April 23rd, 2007, 05:11 PM
Calgary is a very nice city,I see my hometown Stockholm,Sweden is #6,it used to be the cleanest city in the world

K9Friend
April 23rd, 2007, 08:00 PM
Montreal is definitely not as clean as it use to be but it's doing pretty well at #10 for a large city with the only population over 1,500,000 in the top 10!... :thumbs up

Mocha's mum
April 23rd, 2007, 10:43 PM
:laughing: Where's Edmonton??? It's okay...I don't think it's a very clean city either. I actually don't like living here too much.....gotta stay for work.

Prin
April 23rd, 2007, 10:48 PM
Is it cleaner than Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver? I've been to all of those cities but couldn't say if there's an appreciable difference.Montreal is clean... as long as you don't mind garbage blowing around everywhere and whiffs of urine.. Montreal was ok before, but lately, it really has gotten disgusting. :o I guess we took for granted what having a "green thumb" for a mayor did for our city.;)