Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello :)

sammgo21
April 23rd, 2007, 09:02 AM
:) Hi Everyone,

What a great site! My hubby and I are looking to adopt a dog quite soon, already I have learned a lot from the advice and information available here. So I'll be hanging around the rescue forum a lot! We both grew up with dogs our whole life and are quite excited about having our own. We had a cat, which I've had since childhood. She just passed in Jan 2007. We had talked about getting a dog prior to her passing, but I wanted her to have a relaxing, quiet time till it was time for her (I had her since 1989 and knew that any time it could happen). Also, we've been in apartments for the past years, but we are moving into a house next month with a yard! Anyways, I'll post some pics of our 'extended' fur family soon.

Samm

x.l.r.8
April 23rd, 2007, 07:57 PM
Sooo, have you thought about a couple of Newfs:D ;)

Frenchy
April 23rd, 2007, 08:08 PM
Sooo, have you thought about a couple of Newfs:D ;)

:laughing: pressure pressure :laughing:

Welcome to the board sammgo21, be sure to come back here if you ever need help to find the perfect doggy, lots of rescue people here.

happycats
April 23rd, 2007, 08:13 PM
WELCOME!!!

It's great that you are considering a rescue and saving a life:thumbs up

And I love the fact that you allowed your cat to live out her golden years in peace. (same reason why I haven't got a dog yet). My oldest is 19, and I just don't have the heart to upset him in any way by bringing a dog into our home.

Anyway, welcome!! Can't wait to see pics!:D

Hunter's_owner
April 24th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Welcome to pets.ca.

I am also quite happy to hear that you are thinking of adopting a rescue:thumbs up

I agree with HappyCats, it was very thoughtful of you to let you cat live peacefully in her last few years:cloud9: No need of causing any upset.

Sorry for your loss, we look forward to hearing from you about your upcoming adoption;)

Adogsday
April 24th, 2007, 11:01 AM
I am new myself to this site, but not to pets lol. Great place for info and questions, enjoy! :goodvibes:

rainbow
April 24th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Welcome to the forum. Have you decided on the type of dog you want?