Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Royal Canin Transition Diet Recommendations

Crazy4Cats
April 23rd, 2007, 06:32 AM
If you have any Royal Canin Food that is on the recall list, Royal Canin has transition diet recommendations that you can switch to.

I know that Medi-Cal is not the best food but ....

Canine Skin Support (SS)
Canine Sensitivity RC (rice and catfish)
Switch to:
Medi-Cal Hypoallergenic Formula
Medi-Cal Vegetarian Formula
Royal Canin Hypoallergenic HP

Canine Early Cardiac EC
Switch to:
Medi-Cal Weight Control / Mature

Feline Sensitivity RD (rice and duck)
Feline HypoAllergenic HP
Switch to:
Medi-Cal Hypoallergenic/Gastro

x.l.r.8
April 23rd, 2007, 07:11 AM
Isn't medical owned by thesame company and RC, or is that technical. If so would there be any point changing if they may well end up recalling the other brand anyways.:confused:

Crazy4Cats
April 23rd, 2007, 07:55 AM
I believe that Medi-Cal is owned by Royal Canin.
Pretty scary

Crazy4Cats
April 23rd, 2007, 08:00 AM
This transition diet recommendation was faxed to the vet clinic where I work, so I thought I'd post it as I know alot of people buy Medi-Cal.

rainbow
April 23rd, 2007, 03:10 PM
Yes, Medi-Cal and Techni-Cal are both made by Royal Canin Canada. :yuck:

Instead of telling people to transition to the other Medi-Cal formulas the vet should be telling people to feed quality premium/holistic brands like Orijen, Innova, Canidae, etc.

luckypenny
April 23rd, 2007, 03:19 PM
Yes, Medi-Cal and Techni-Cal are both made by Royal Canin Canada. :yuck:

Instead of telling people to transition to the other Medi-Cal formulas the vet should be telling people to feed quality premium/holistic brands like Orijen, Innova, Canidae, etc.

...and why don't they just sell the good stuff anyways :confused: . It doesn't make much sense.

rainbow
April 23rd, 2007, 04:12 PM
...and why don't they just sell the good stuff anyways :confused: . It doesn't make much sense.

They don't sell it because Royal Canin goes to the vet schools to give a one day nutrition course to the vets and brainwashes them into selling their food when they open their vet clinics. :sad:

Some vets (like mine) also sell some premium/holistic brands as well as the Medi-Cal because of customer demand. :thumbs up But, they still promote the Medi-Cal. :yell: :frustrated: :sad:

Prin
April 24th, 2007, 01:48 AM
Well, it's easy to get people to switch to another food "made" for the same purpose, right?

I have to say though, they're the only ones who cared enough to offer suggestions. How many cat owners are still panicking trying to find cuts and gravy food that hasn't been recalled?

TeriM
April 24th, 2007, 02:01 AM
But they probably only offered suggestions because they own both companies :D .

Not that I would ever doubt the intentions of a pet food company :rolleyes: :D .

Prin
April 24th, 2007, 02:03 AM
Yeah, for sure, but menufoods owns the world (or at least makes the world) and they didn't suggest anything. :rolleyes:

TeriM
April 24th, 2007, 02:10 AM
That's cause if they recommend one product they would irritate all the other companies they manufacture for.