Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Mind Games Dogs Play With Humans

TeriM
April 22nd, 2007, 03:04 PM
After your humans give you a bath, DON'T LET THEM TOWEL DRY YOU! Instead, run to their bed, jump up and dry yourself off on the sheets. This is especially good if it's right before your humans bedtime.

Act like a convicted criminal. When the humans come home, put your ears back, tail between your legs, chin down and act as if you have done something really bad. Then, watch as the humans frantically search the house for the damage they think you have caused. (Note: This only works when you have done absolutely nothing wrong.)

Let the humans teach you a brand new trick. Learn it perfectly. Then the humans try to demonstrate it to someone else, stare blankly back at the humans. Pretend you have no idea what they're talking about.

Make your humans be patient. When you go outside to go pee, sniff around the entire yard as your humans wait. Act as if the spot you choose to go pee will ultimately decide the fate of the earth.

Draw attention to the human. When out for a walk always pick the busiest, most visible spot to go poop. Take your time and make sure everyone watches. This works particularly well if your humans have forgotten to bring a plastic bag.

When out for a walk, alternate between choking and coughing every time a strange human walks by.

Make your own rules. Don't always bring back the stick when playing fetch with the humans. Make them go and chase it once in a while.

Hide from your humans. When your humans come home, don't greet them at the door. Instead, hide from them, and make them think something terrible has happened to you. (Don't reappear until one of your humans is panic-stricken and close to tears).

When your human calls you to come back in, always take your time. Walk as slowly as possible back to the door.

Wake up twenty minutes before the alarm clock is set to go off and make the humans take you out for your morning pee. As soon as you get back inside, fall asleep. (Humans can rarely fall back asleep after going outside, this will drive them nuts!)

trippincherri
April 22nd, 2007, 04:15 PM
Let the humans teach you a brand new trick. Learn it perfectly. Then the humans try to demonstrate it to someone else, stare blankly back at the humans. Pretend you have no idea what they're talking about.

Oh ya I love this one, Shamus just did this to me yesterday as I tried to demonstrate how he learned "lie down" :rolleyes:

When out for a walk, alternate between choking and coughing every time a strange human walks by

Shelby does this all the time, then the people look at us like we are the worst dog owners ever.

rainbow
April 22nd, 2007, 04:52 PM
Those are hilarious and sooo true. :laughing: Thanks for sharing, Teri. :D

BusterBoo
April 22nd, 2007, 04:56 PM
Thanks for my daily laugh....those are hilarious....and true! especially the last one! Harley and Buster have that one perfected!:laughing:

Maya
April 22nd, 2007, 05:02 PM
Draw attention to the human. When out for a walk always pick the busiest, most visible spot to go poop. Take your time and make sure everyone watches. This works particularly well if your humans have forgotten to bring a plastic bag.Yes this must be how it works.:p

Byrd
April 22nd, 2007, 07:36 PM
Ah, yes, we have perfected the first and the last ones. :rolleyes:

Hunter's_owner
April 22nd, 2007, 08:44 PM
Hide from your humans. When your humans come home, don't greet them at the door. Instead, hide from them, and make them think something terrible has happened to you. (Don't reappear until one of your humans is panic-stricken and close to tears).

Wake up twenty minutes before the alarm clock is set to go off and make the humans take you out for your morning pee. As soon as you get back inside, fall asleep. (Humans can rarely fall back asleep after going outside, this will drive them nuts!)

These are the only two that don't apply to Hunter and Cassie.
All the others fit one or both of them perfectly:laughing:

Frenchy
April 22nd, 2007, 08:58 PM
Make your own rules. Don't always bring back the stick when playing fetch with the humans. Make them go and chase it once in a while.

When your human calls you to come back in, always take your time. Walk as slowly as possible back to the door.

Gotta love them :laughing:

angeldogs
April 22nd, 2007, 11:26 PM
That was funny.

brandynva
April 22nd, 2007, 11:29 PM
I think mine have perfected all of these. Just last week Roscoe greeted me hiding with his tail tucked between his legs, ears pinned back and those huge eyes like "please don't hurt me." Of course we never found anything, but we did do the frantic search. About two minutes into it he was his normal self. :rolleyes: Reminds me of the movie Chicken Run when the husband was convinced, "those chickens is organized."

Prin
April 22nd, 2007, 11:37 PM
Heehee, thanks for that TeriM. :highfive:
Draw attention to the human. When out for a walk always pick the busiest, most visible spot to go poop. Take your time and make sure everyone watches. This works particularly well if your humans have forgotten to bring a plastic bag.o...m...g... WHY! do they do that!?

When your human calls you to come back in, always take your time. Walk as slowly as possible back to the door.That's Boo. It's greaaat in mosquito season. :rolleyes:

The only one they don't do is wake me up. :cloud9: They never wake me up.:cloud9:

Oh and:
When out for a walk, alternate between choking and coughing every time a strange human walks by.Don't forget to scratch like you have fleas too!

JanM
April 23rd, 2007, 01:02 PM
Really neat write-up! Doggies really do know how to push their humans' buttons :)

dogcatharmony
April 23rd, 2007, 01:40 PM
Make your humans be patient. When you go outside to go pee, sniff around the entire yard as your humans wait. Act as if the spot you choose to go pee will ultimately decide the fate of the earth.

Oh too funny.....this one is classic Zoe. Especially the before the bed pee.....i have to make sure to do it fifteen minutes before actually bedtime. Oh and if it rains, my little diva will not go outside UNLESS i join her. She will scoot around on her bum just to hold it in. Meanwhile in a totally downpour if I go out she takes twenty minutes to find the perfect spot to pee then another ten for the perfect place to poop. Then bolts back to the door for the shelter of the house. I can see her smiling as I walk back from the back forty in the rain!!!