Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

diarrhea

hugoreyess
April 22nd, 2007, 06:31 AM
My 3 month female puppy has had diareah for the past 3 days, non stop w/ some slime in it.....how do i know if it is not an infection or if it is normal and would go awayin a day or 2...she took paracite medecine 2 1/2 weeks ago...but she never got diareah and didnt ever see worms in her bowl movement..she eats dry food and still eats w/no problem...what home remedies can i give it so it can go away? or what med can she take..:sick:thank you for your attention and advice

badger
April 22nd, 2007, 06:46 AM
Your puppy needs to see a vet right away.
There are no home remedies for infections. Please do not give her ANY human medicines, you could make things much worse.

hazelrunpack
April 22nd, 2007, 08:43 AM
Chances are, after 3 days, the diarrhea is not going to resolve on its own. If you're seeing mucous, there is probably an infection or another abnormality of some sort. Unfortunately, we aren't vets and you can't diagnose something like what your pup is experiencing over the internet. Meanwhile, your puppy could be getting dangerously dehydrated after so many days of losing fluid.

Please take your dog to the vet as soon as you can and post back with an update. Dehydration can kill a young dog. Hope she's okay! :fingerscr

Shamrock
April 22nd, 2007, 03:27 PM
Yes, as the others have said, dehydration can be fatal to pets. After 3 days of diarheah in a very young animal..this is not the time for home remedies.
Your pup needs to see a vet without delay for diagnosis and treatment.

Good luck to you, let us know how she is doing, wont you?:fingerscr :goodvibes:

Blathach
April 22nd, 2007, 03:57 PM
Welcome hugoreyess,

Unfortunately our members are not vets and unable to address potentially serious health issues like this one. Time is critical - please contact a vet immediately. Good luck, we'll watch for an update on your pet's condition. In keeping with site policy, this thread will now be closed.

Thanks for your understanding.