Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Wow this Worked

Shaykeija
April 20th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Well Missie the poo has this annoying problem of barking her head off at people when they come to visit. :frustrated: She hates anyone standing up over me. She is fine as long as you sit down. So I found out the secret to stopping the barking in a non threatening way. She is not mean or snappy just a bit yappy.:rolleyes:

She was barking her face off at the dreaded mail man, through the window. The mail guy laughs and says one day she will not bark at him. Well in the middle of a bark frenzy I blew a life guard whistle once. WOW stopped her in mid bark..Holy crap it worked. When we had the furnace guy come last week, he was so surprised. He remembered the barker...He said what a change, he knocked on the door, Missie barked, I tweeted and all was silent...Now she only barks when someone is at the door...Good Missie...She knows the whistle means no bark. Smart dog, dumb blonde, I should have figured that out 4 years ago.:p

Prin
April 21st, 2007, 01:29 AM
:highfive: Better late than never. Or maybe because of the whistle, you just can't hear her barking anymore... http://bestsmileys.com/thinking/4.gif :D

rainbow
April 21st, 2007, 01:35 AM
Whatever works, eh? .....cute story. :D

Jilostra
April 23rd, 2007, 03:29 PM
Hmmm... I'll remember this if our puppy becomes a barker. :D I've never liked barking... well, on occasion, it's okay... but I mean the constant barking or when I can't get a dog to stop barking. Of course yelling "STOP BARKING" doesn't help... haha. I've since heard that the dog thinks of that as... well... barking.

I would much rather do a quick whistle than yelling. GOOD JOB!!