Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Wolfies!

SableCollie
April 20th, 2007, 11:00 PM
No, they're not pets (but still cute)! These are from a wolf behavior seminar I went to, I think I was 18 at the time, I know I look like I'm only about 14 in these. (And yes, it was a bad hair day. :o )

Do not attempt this at home, folks!
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i78/laikawolf/meandweeble.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i78/laikawolf/meandluna.jpg

Byrd
April 20th, 2007, 11:07 PM
WOW Lucky you!!

SableCollie
April 20th, 2007, 11:21 PM
I know, I was so excited! And they stopped doing seminars a couple years later because of lack of staff, so I was really lucky I got to do that. They showed us a whole slide show/video presentation on wolf behavior, then we got to observe the wolves from the safe side of the fence and interact through the fence, and at the end we got to go inside the enclosure with the social wolves.

rainbow
April 21st, 2007, 01:17 AM
What a wonderful experience. :cloud9:

Prin
April 21st, 2007, 01:21 AM
Oooooo cool! :highfive:

TeriM
April 21st, 2007, 01:49 AM
Cool pics, sounds like a great experience :thumbs up .

JanM
April 21st, 2007, 12:46 PM
WOW - what a wonderful experience! Makes me envious...

Mischiefmaka
April 21st, 2007, 11:27 PM
Hi SC lovely pics, stunning animals....I used to own a big Alaskan malamute named Thorn, he was such a noble creature, they say they are the closest link to the wolve and that wolfhounds and stag hounds actually hate the malamute because it can sense the wolf because they are breed to hunt them ....anyway he was a very complex animal, very different from any other dog ive owned....

Frenchy
April 22nd, 2007, 09:44 AM
I just saw the pictures , wow ! Lucky you :cloud9: I love the second one with him "kissing" your nose, priceless !

chico2
April 22nd, 2007, 02:53 PM
You were sooo lucky,I think wolves are amazing animals,beautiful and smart.
I'll watch anything about wolves,unfortunately there is almost always a sad twist,usually caused by humans:sad:

SableCollie
April 22nd, 2007, 03:40 PM
The first wolf was a young male, the one kissing me was an elderly female. It did make me a bit nervous to have a wolf licking my face, I was wondering if she would decide to nibble on my nose or something, but she was sweet! :lovestruck:

Meeting the wolves made me even sadder to know that wolves are hated and killed around the world. :sad:

Cookiesmom
April 22nd, 2007, 03:59 PM
Wow! What beautiful animals and what an experience for you! You're right, it is sad that they are being killed off in so many places. They are so majestic and intelligent and unfortunately, misunderstood.