Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

combinding a list ????

breeze
April 20th, 2007, 10:43 AM
I'm not sure if this was done in the past.... but has anyone thought about combining a list let say about 10 different brands of dog and cat food ranging in prices that are not on the list and is good for your pets?? and each one has lets say about 3-4 kinds of different brands??

just a thought :)

so eg;
number 1) 3 or 4 brands the best on the market
all the way down to 10 being the least expensive, but still good

Prin
April 20th, 2007, 10:46 AM
It's hard to do it now because the safety of the foods is so up in the air. :rolleyes: :sad:

breeze
April 20th, 2007, 10:51 AM
but could you not list the ones not on the list with a warning attached??

worrier
April 20th, 2007, 11:49 AM
I actually should do some research for a friend of mine that currently feeds crap because it is all she can afford. So this list would be nice because I would have to do less research. :laughing:

RUSTYcat
April 20th, 2007, 01:33 PM
breeze -

I support your idea...provided there's a HUGE CAVEAT at the top advising that, because of very frequent announcements and changes, people MUST:
1. chect lists like the FDA's/itchmo/howl911 etc
2. look for news on questionable INGREDIENTS...AND...READ INGREDIENTS LABELS.

I don't want to sidetrack your thread....there's also a need for a list of recalled Canadian-only foods. My sense is that those foods which are ONLY available in Canada might not made it onto the FDA list. I can't speak to the same re Itchmo/Howl911. (I understand there's NOTHING on the CFIA's site http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/corpaffr/recarapp/recaltoce.shtml )

breeze
April 20th, 2007, 03:20 PM
I agree RUSTYcat

it's just we in canada have not heard very much on the news or the radio heck if it were not from the broad then I won't have known about some of the other recalls.. luckly my dog food is still not affected, it's just some other people just don't know where to turn....

chico2
April 20th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Breeze,that's true,the whole recall affair seems to have gotten completely out of the news,meanwhile animals are still dying:sad:

Mypetsrmykids
April 24th, 2007, 12:25 PM
I think we all need to atleast consider a boycott on Chinese products. This is a criminal act on their part and should not go unpunished. You know that our government won't do enough about it but if we all refuse to buy their products, these companies will stop buying them. We should encourage all of our friends and family to do the same.

chico2
April 24th, 2007, 01:49 PM
I've been trying to do that,but it's getting impossible,everything seems to be MADE in CHINA and I hate it,not only because of this latest horror!

Mypetsrmykids
April 24th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Chico, I understand your frustration and I know it's impossible not to buy anything from China but I think if we go into stores and check tags, we can atleast try not to buy China-made products and verbalize it in the stores. I have also sent an email to Pet Connection to see if we can get support from them. They have had alot of attention from the media lately, even CNN. I just think that the only way we can hurt the chinese government is by hitting them in their "pocket books".

Prin
April 24th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Well, Canidae, Innova, Champion, Solid Gold all seem to be ok for now. So start with them... :D

Mypetsrmykids
April 24th, 2007, 03:03 PM
One step ahead of ya Prin......my dogs are now on Innova! ;)

breeze
April 24th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Well, Canidae, Innova, Champion, Solid Gold all seem to be ok for now. So start with them... :D

also holistic select is ok for now

rainbow
April 24th, 2007, 04:36 PM

Just to clarify....

Innova is Natura which also includes California Natural, EVO, Karma and Healthwise and also Mother Nature treats. (www.naturapet.com)

Champion is Champion Pet Foods and they make Acana and Orijen (www.championpetfoods.com)

Canidae also makes Felidae (www.canidae.com)

Solid Gold makes Wolf King, Wolf Cub, Barking at the Moon, Holistique Blendz, Just a Wee Bit, Mmillennia Beef & Barley, Hund-n-Flocken and Katz-n-Flocken. (www.solidgoldhealth.com)

x.l.r.8
April 24th, 2007, 05:41 PM
What happened to poor old Merricks, I thought they were one of the good guys aswell :shrug:

marine's girlie
April 24th, 2007, 06:02 PM
as far as i know, Merrick doesn't use any of the recalled ingredients. i emailed them regarding wheat gluten, but it might be worth an email to as about the RPC, since this is a more recent development.

OntarioGreys
April 25th, 2007, 08:15 AM
THere is a list of foods here, those marked red are recalled foods, those that are blue have not been

http://www.thepetfoodlist.com/

Puppyluv
April 25th, 2007, 10:32 AM
I know they changed their ingredients without warning, but I would still consider Wellness as one of the better ones. If I ever went back to kibble, I would go back to Wellness.

wdawson
April 25th, 2007, 05:47 PM
TO is still off thr recall list:thumbs up

breeze
April 25th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Thank you for this list OntarioGreys :thumbs up