Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Timberwolf email response

Tommysmom
April 19th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Didn't really answer my questions... but this is what Timberwolf sent me:

We at Timberwolf Organics understand that this is a very stressful time for consumers, as there is lots of information concerning the recall going around. I would like to start by saying that we are NOT affected by the Menu Foods recall.

Our products are produced in a high end facility which has a long history in the manufacturing of high quality feeds for companion animals. It has earned itself a reputation for producing some other well known natural pet foods in the industry, however this information is proprietary in nature and we are therefore unable to release this information.

Before any product enters our facility, before any truck is unloaded, inspection is made and random samples are taken. These samples are then taken to the facilities laboratory for screening, testing and analysis. The range of tests will also include proximate, aflatoxins, vomitoxins, peroxide values, microbial, temperature amongst others.

Our facility also has regular inspections by the USDA and APHIS. The plant is a member of the Pet Food Institute and as such is continuously updated on all regulation changes and is notified immediately of any outbreaks which would affect production so that any precautions or stoppages could be made.

All poultry based meals and frozen poultry are supplied and received only only from facilities process poultry and no other meats. These facilities are USDA/APHIS approved facilities. The poultry included in our formulas are all hormone and steroid free and contain human grade chicken fed on real feed with no waste included.

Fish oils are received only from suppliers that are USDA/APHIS/NMFS approved. Our fish oils are naturally preserved by the supplier.

Our facility have built a close relationship with all their suppliers conducting long term research and development to be at the top of their profession and the industry. Between them they have years of experience with which they are able to bring to the table the finest in companion animal food production.

Our products have no danger of being contaminated by melamine.

SableCollie
April 19th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Looks like the same form letter they've been sending everyone.

Tommysmom
April 19th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Yeah, probably... I'd asked them about changes in formula, source of ingredients vs just source of supplier, etc... didn't know if anybody else had posted anything for them or not.

Prin
April 19th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Yeah, very generic... :frustrated: Not too helpful, are they?