Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Manufacturers That Purchased From Wilbur-Ellis

rainbow
April 19th, 2007, 01:55 PM
This was posted on the Itchmo Forum:

RE: List of Pet Food Manufacturers in Utah, NY, Kansas, and Missouri

The latest update today (April 19) indicates that the 5 manufacturers that purchased from Wilbur-Ellis are in Utah, NY, Kansas, and Missouri (2).

Besides Natural Balance, none of the other manufacturers are coming forward, so I did some searching around on the internet, and found the following list of pet food manufactuers in these named states from the Pet Food Institute’s Active Members list (they are makers of dry, canned, and semi-moist dog and cat foods and treats for dogs and cats). I'm not suggesting that is a comprehensive list. But at least it's a start.

UTAH:
American Nutrition, Inc.
P.O. Box 1405
2813 Wall Avenue
Ogden, UT 84401
Phone: (801)394-3477

NY:
Chenango Valley Pet Foods
P.O. Box 720
8 West State Street
Sherburne, NY 13460
Phone: (607)674-2121

Eight In One Pet Products, Inc
2100 Pacific Street
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Phone: (516)232-1200

KANSAS:
Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc. (claims their rice protein not sourced by Wilbur-Ellis)
P.O. Box 148
Topeka, KS 66601
Phone: (785)368-8523

Natural Life Pet Products (already outted - Natural Balance)
1601 W. McKay
P.O. Box 943
Frontenac, KS 66763
Phone: (316)231-7711

MISSOURI:
Land O’Lakes Purina LLC
10380 Executive Hills Boulevard
Kansas City, MO 64153
Phone: (816)459-6000

Nestle Purina PetCare Company
Checkerboard Square
St. Louis, MO 63164
Phone: (314)982-1000

rainbow
April 19th, 2007, 02:06 PM
1. Natural Balance and Canine Caviar are manufactured at American Nutrition.

2. Timberwolf Organics is manufactured at Chenango Valllet Pet Foods

** Please post any others that you know about.....

Dog Dancer
April 19th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Okay, help me out here. There's so much going on. I just put my girls on TO Ocean Blue and that comes from Chenango Pet Foods. I can't find the contents but I believe it's grain free and probably doesn't have rice. Do I need to worry that Chenango is on this list??? Or worry YET?

technodoll
April 19th, 2007, 02:10 PM
:eek: does that mean that TO could potentially also be affected? :eek:

Dog Dancer
April 19th, 2007, 02:14 PM
TD, that's my fear too!! I just bought a big bag and switched the girls onto it. Which by the way they like (although Halo is a bit gassy, but that's probably just from the change).

This is all just too much to take in. You do need to start that raw feeding company TD.

rainbow
April 19th, 2007, 02:23 PM
I am also overwhelmed by all of this. All I can say is check your Timberwolf Organics, Canine Caviar, Natural Balance bags for ingredients to see if rice protein or rice gluten is used. If they are not used then they should be okay but I think I would be leery of any ingredients used if Chenango imports some of them from China. Maybe I'm just overly cautious. :shrug:

The manufacturing plants listed are "supposedly" the ones that received the shipment from Wilbur-Ellis so we need to find out what pet foods are manufactured at those plants. I listed the ones I know and hope others can add any others that they know of. :fingerscr

Furryland
April 19th, 2007, 02:30 PM
I know in a USAToday article Nestle purina said they did not use rice protein concentrate in the foods.

Or is this that may have purchased other items from this company?

ETA; quote

"Along with Diamond, pet-food makers Nestlé Purina PetCare and Procter & Gamble said Tuesday that they don't use rice protein concentrate in their foods.
"

Link

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/2007-04-17-premium-pet-food-recalled_N.htm?csp=34

technodoll
April 19th, 2007, 02:32 PM
funny. purina uses lots of rice gluten in their crappy foods... :eek:

rainbow
April 19th, 2007, 03:10 PM
I know in a USAToday article Nestle purina said they did not use rice protein concentrate in the foods.

funny. purina uses lots of rice gluten in their crappy foods...

Doesn't Purina know that they are the same thing? :rolleyes:

technodoll
April 19th, 2007, 03:17 PM
oh for sure they know... but if their customers don't know... they won't stop buying will they? :rolleyes:

edited to add: i may have jumped the gun. have looked at a few of their products (bleecchh! that was hard, LOL!) and could only find wheat gluten, and corn gluten. but i only looked at 4 or 5 dog formulas. too discouraging!

Prin
April 19th, 2007, 03:29 PM
:sad: Stop buying tainted ingredients from China already.:sad: