Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

bo's mom

bo's mom
April 19th, 2007, 08:12 AM
hi all! never done this before but have a 20 yr old cat and a 2 yr old jack russel. need some advice on finding another good dog food. have been feeding beneful for 1 yr. he has been sick the last few days- scared!

happycats
April 19th, 2007, 09:02 AM
WELOCME!!!
My cat is 19! I hope he makes it to 20 like yours.
As for dog foods, there asre tons of threads about good pet foods, you culd either use the search drop-down, or I'm sure another member will come along soon with valuable info.

hazelrunpack
April 19th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Hi, Bo's mom, and welcome to the forum.

How sick is Bo? Have you taken him to a vet? If you suspect something related to food, the sooner you can get him in, the better. Time could be critical.

The members aren't vets, so they won't be able to help with medical problems, but there's a strong interest in food on the forum and you should be able to get some good knowledgeable advice. :thumbs up

When Bo is better, we'd all appreciate pictures of your furbabies if you have some to post. :D

TeriM
April 20th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Welcome to the forum. I agree Beneful is not a very good food especially with all the recall issues happening. Good choices include products like Canidae, Orijen, Innova, Timberwolf etc.. Check out the dog and cat food portion of the forum for some great advice.

If your dog is sick I would really recommend a vet check.