Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

beef liver

sassycyclist
April 18th, 2007, 06:50 PM
kiyoshi is not very interested in beef liver. she will just sit there and lick it over and over but not eat it. what can i do to make it more appealing to her? i bought 2 pounds at 49 cents a pound! i don't want it to go to waste. dang dog! doesn't she know liver is good for her??? :p

barkley21
April 18th, 2007, 07:58 PM
I've heard of many dogs not liking liver in it's raw, uncooked form, so don't feel like you're the only one. I've heard people have success if they nuke it in the microwave for a little bit, but I think it has a tendency to explode in the microwave if I remember correctly. Or you can always mince it and just mix it in with ground meat. :thumbs up

We are lucky in that department because our pup looooves liver and gobbles it up.

Scott_B
April 18th, 2007, 08:44 PM
few options. Try adding it to something tasty, like tripe. You dont need to feed a lot of liver anyways. As long as they get some. The other thin you can try is searing it on a hot pan.

technodoll
April 18th, 2007, 10:33 PM
unless liver or kidneys are baked, neither beanies will go within 10 feet of it :eek: but for some reason, they loooove it cooked... so that's how they get it. Or i mince and put in their ground food and pop it down the hatch. have you tried chicken livers? or pork?... :goodvibes:

sassycyclist
April 19th, 2007, 11:52 AM
is baking the liver going to make my house stink???

:frustrated:

technodoll
April 19th, 2007, 12:10 PM
yes, a bit... open the windows! LOL :D