Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Spay/Neuter Programs

rescuekitty
April 15th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Does anyone know of any cheap/free spay and neuter programs around Ontario? I just got a barn cat, and she is pregnant, and as soon as I can, I want to have her and the babies spayed and neutered. Any help would be appreciated. I've heard that a lot of rescues and such have organized spay/neuter programs for cats, but I have yet to find them. It has to be something not too expensive though, as it looks like she is going to have quite a few! (She's huge, and hasn't even "bagged up" <the horsie term for her nipples filling with milk... I'm not sure what you say for a cat!>yet!! It looks like she's not even close to ready to deliver them, but is bigger than any pregnant cat I have ever seen!!!)
Thanks in advance!

amaruq
April 15th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Have you called the humane society? Some of them have programs....

I'm a bit concerned because you are saying she is so large....can you maybe take her to the vets just for a check?

rescuekitty
April 15th, 2004, 06:31 PM
She seems VERY large to me, but then, I'm not all that experienced with pregnant cats! I'll post the pictures of her as soon as I get them on the computer...

Luba
April 15th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Ontario is pretty big where r u

Lucky Rescue
April 15th, 2004, 07:33 PM
YOu might want to try this (http://www.annexcatrescue.on.ca/index.shtml) . They may be able to help you, or refer you to someone who can.

rescuekitty
April 15th, 2004, 10:49 PM
I am located near Peterborough.