Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The cat I found

kate28
April 15th, 2004, 12:23 PM
Firstly, he has been to the clinic and has no microchip. Secondly, I put up posters, but had no response. Lastly, I have a boyfriend who went into anaphylactic shock from an allergy to him. Does someone who trains, cares for and loves a found cat for years need obedience training. The people on this forum are quite ignorant. I thought I would search out his old family first once I found out you could do this (which was last week).

amaruq
April 15th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Do you know how silly this all sounds? Your b/f has an allergy. Well stuff like that happens. Some people are quite severe allergies.

Too bad really that kitty has to be rehomed. Think how they feel....you found the cat...took care of it...and now poor kitty has to be given to a stranger. It's hard on them.

I was given the allergy tests. They came back I had severe allergies to Cats and shrimp. Now both I never ever got sick on...weird eh?

kate28
April 15th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I never thought to see if someone had allergies before dating them...and he isn't a little sick, he STOPS breathing.
My friend is caring for the kitty, but I miss him so much I go to visit him on the weekends. He was my best friend......

amaruq
April 15th, 2004, 05:19 PM
It's very hard to rehome an older cat. Everyone wants the cute kittens......is your cat quite friendly? I wonder if an old age home would take kitty? I know some of them do have cats to keep the older folks company......cripes this is so sad.

Lucky Rescue
April 15th, 2004, 05:47 PM
I don't know which thread to answer you on, but I'll try this one.

Make up a nice page for your cat - with his pic and his whole story on it, plus any special or cute things about him.

Print it up, and plaster it all over - at vet's offices, pet stores, shop bulletin boards, etc.

Charge an adoption fee for him and make up an adoption contract.

Luba
April 15th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Good point LR

I'd add in do a vet reference check on an adoptive potentials
and a home visit