Hunter's_owner
April 17th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Great pics!!!

breeze
April 17th, 2007, 12:56 PM
love the pictures what a BIG dog park you have

technodoll
April 17th, 2007, 01:11 PM
wow, that is one huge park! :cloud9: more photos please, love to see happy pets in action :thumbs up

SuperWanda
April 17th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Thanks!

This particular park is King's Park - it has a huge field that is designated off-leash. There is also a pond that you can't see - wonderful stinky pond where the doggies love to swim!

I'm really thankful for our dog parks! I think we should even have more!

SuperWanda
April 17th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Here's a funny one where she just caught the ball - she's very tall in this standing position!

SuperWanda
April 17th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Here is a scary looking one...

rainbow
April 17th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Great action pics. Your husky is certainly good off leash. :thumbs up What's your secret? :D

SuperWanda
April 17th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Are they typically not good off leash?

We adopted the white one first and she has always been an anxious dog. Likes to stay close and keep an eye on us.

We actually adopted the second dog to keep the first company because she had so much anxiety especially when left alone at home. So, I think she basically follows everything our first dog does - which is stay close to us.

They have always been good that way but I have taken them to the off-leash areas and on many off-leash walks since they were both young.

If they see a squirrel though - that's another story!

JanM
April 17th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Hi SuperWanda - great pics of great-looking dogs! Where is Kings Park? I'm an exWinnipeg person now on Vancouver Island - couldn't take the winters any more :)

rainbow
April 17th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Are they typically not good off leash?

Typically they're not .......especially purebreds.

breeze
April 17th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Nakita my huskey was never able to be off leash, the first chance she would have she would head for the hills. even in dog parks she would never come back to us only when she was not well would she stay close to us.
so what ever your secret is congrats it's working for you :thumbs up

TeriM
April 18th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Great pics. Love the action shots, especially the scary teeth one :cloud9: .

Prin
April 18th, 2007, 01:01 AM
Ooo great shots! I like the one where the darker husky is just sitting there waiting for the ball to hit her in the head.:D

SuperWanda
April 18th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Thanks everyone!

Our husky is actually from the humane society so I'm sure she is not pure breed - maybe that's why she is not a wanderer? Poor girl - she is typically not as athletic as our other dog but she tries hard!

Jan M - King's Park is just south of the University of Manitoba on King's Drive.

You should come back to Winnipeg - the winters have been much warmer thanks to global warming! :laughing: Next three days are +18 C!

Actually, I love BC! I'm trying to plan a trip out to the island because my husband has never been to the west coast - love Pacific Rim, Tofino and Ucluelet!

Are there no other fellow Winnipeggers on this site?

angeldogs
April 18th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Great pics.cute doggies.

JanM
April 18th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Let me know when you are coming... you can meet my two Godlens and my kittycat who thinks he's a dog!

Thanks everyone!

Jan M - King's Park is just south of the University of Manitoba on King's Drive.

You should come back to Winnipeg - the winters have been much warmer thanks to global warming! :laughing: Next three days are +18 C!

Actually, I love BC! I'm trying to plan a trip out to the island because my husband has never been to the west coast - love Pacific Rim, Tofino and Ucluelet!

Are there no other fellow Winnipeggers on this site?