Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

2 Questions

angeldogs
April 17th, 2007, 05:12 AM
My first question is.well i was at work and the wife was out.someone feed Jag some whole veal liver kidney and lung.is there anything i should look out for.not impressed when i heard.

Question 2.my shih tzu is 20lbs and 8 years old.i'm slowly switching her to raw.and don't want to make the same mistakes as with Jag.i've been feeding her ground beef for 1 week and now turkey.nothing with bone.i've been feeding her 4oz per meal.are the % for figuring out the same with small breed as with large breed.

Scott_B
April 17th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Ques 1. Wont hurt him at all. Loose stool would be the main concern. Other then that, I bet he enjoyed his yummy meal :p

Ques 2. Same thing applies to smaller dogs. Start at 2% and adjust as needed.

technodoll
April 17th, 2007, 08:50 AM
as scott said... too much liver can cause "the splats" and a darker stool but other than that, yum!

good to hear about your little girl also going on raw... she likes it so far? :goodvibes:

angeldogs
April 17th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Thanks Scott_B and Technodoll.
Yes see likes raw.i bought some small chicken thighs and ground them up.what a pain in the.when it's a crank.see won't even eat it.now it i took the meat shears to it she would eat it.picky girl.and jag injoyed what he had.he really likes lung.