Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Checkups

rainbow
April 17th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Someone gave me a bag of these tonight. Has any one tried them?

http://www.checkupstreats.com/

Ingredients
Potato flour, rice flour, glycerine, water, natural flavor, gelatin, canola oil, titanium dioxide, monoglycerides of edible fatty acids, flaxseed oil, citric acid, magnesium stearate, tetrasodium pyrophosphate

Scott_B
April 17th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Nothing great in them. I wouldnt buy any. :shrug:

rainbow
April 17th, 2007, 02:44 PM
I know there's nothing great in them and I didn't buy them. I was just wondering if anyone had any problems with them like with the Greenies.

Prin
April 17th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Titanium dioxide? What the hey is that doing in there? Isn't that what makes white paint super white? And it's an ingredient in heavy sunblocks... :o

rainbow
April 17th, 2007, 11:13 PM
TiO2 is also an effective opacifier in powder form, where it is employed as a pigment to provide whiteness and opacity to products such as paints, coatings, plastics, papers, inks, foods, and most toothpastes.

Hmmm....also foods and most toothpastes. I wonder how safe it is?

Prin
April 17th, 2007, 11:15 PM
lol most toothpastes have warnings not to swallow any of it.:o

rainbow
April 18th, 2007, 12:04 AM
lol most toothpastes have warnings not to swallow any of it.:o

Yeah, the warning is for children under six years of age. I always thought it was because of the fluoride in toothpaste. :shrug:

rainbow
April 18th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Here's the warning info:

http://www.ada.org/prof/resources/positions/statements/fluoride.asp

Prin
April 18th, 2007, 12:11 AM
No, nobody's supposed to swallow it, but kids especially (since you can't really prevent them from swallowing when they have to...). :o

Wait... Why do they put the "Do not swallow" separately then? :frustrated:

rainbow
April 18th, 2007, 01:00 AM
It's not separately on my toothpaste. It says "do not swallow" in bold letters and then the blurb about kids under six. But it's still a warning for fluoride not the titanium dioxide.

I was googling and read that there is food grade, pharmacaetical grade and industrial grade titanium dioxide. I was going to post the site here but I took Chase outside and when I came back the cat was on the keyboard and I lost the site and couldn't find it again. :o

Prin
April 18th, 2007, 01:12 AM
lol Kitties! :D

rainbow
April 18th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Well, I would presume that the titanium dioxide is the food grade one. The ingredients seem better than Greenies. :shrug:

Anybody know anything about these?