Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Origen in Quebec

badger
April 16th, 2007, 07:59 PM
If anybody's interested, these stores carry Orijen. They have only just started distributing here, there should be more outlets soon. I hope so, because these two are miles from me. I asked my local guy to look into ordering some.

Bark N Fitz
5674 Monkland Avenue
Montreal, QB H4A 1E4
Phone: (514) 483-3555

Global Pet Foods
3100 Harwood #110
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC J7V 8P2
Phone: (450) 455-1163

Winston
April 16th, 2007, 08:22 PM
I went to the Pet Valu in Hamilton and they are going to start selling it...I guess the company requires a large dollar order up front...The owner said a couple of stores will order together..Right now it is only available in the 2 Ryans stores here.

Cindy

Aodhan
May 4th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Just rang up Global and Orijen is cheaper than EVO! That surprised me.
Comparing their regular adult dog formula vs the regular EVO, it works out to being about 15% cheaper. The only concern I might have is the fat level (a little low) and some toxins (the arsenic controversy in Alberta). I was thinking of their fish formula (available as soon as the lakes thaw...), but I will ask for arsenic, mercury and lead readings.

Also inquired about Go! Natural Grain-Free: about same price as EVO and Canadian like Orijen. Not wanting to diss American products but dollar for dollar, we should try to encourage our little guys.

LynLyn
May 4th, 2007, 09:49 PM
I mapquested the two stores and they're soooo far away from me :mad:

Prin
May 4th, 2007, 11:01 PM
I still haven't been inside Bark and Fitz... They've got weird hours and I always arrive just as they're closing (maybe they see me coming :D)... I bet it's cool in there... :o

rainbow
May 4th, 2007, 11:48 PM
I went to the Pet Valu in Hamilton and they are going to start selling it...I guess the company requires a large dollar order up front...The owner said a couple of stores will order together..Right now it is only available in the 2 Ryans stores here.

Cindy

That's the same problem I'm having here. The pet store I deal with wants to get it but they can't get anyone in the area to order with them. :frustrated: :mad:

billyp
May 4th, 2007, 11:55 PM
they now carry orijen in laval
it's a store called nutriville on rene laennec blvd...

Puppyluv
May 6th, 2007, 10:04 PM
There's also a bark and fitz on sherbrooke and ~ Victoria (Westmount), which carries Orijen.
I wasn't overly impressed with the store:shrug:

Winston
May 7th, 2007, 06:23 AM
I have tried to get my local Pet Valu to sell the Orijen products..They were able to order one small shipment and then they were told that they cannot order it anymore as the company that provides it has an exclusive contract with Global Ryans! and only them! GRRR! so frustrating! On a good note the fella at the store sold me a case of cat food that he had ordered...with 5 of the 5 pound bags of cat food for $65.00 case...works out to $13.00 bag!! no savings on the dog food though!

Cindy