Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Vomiting Pyr

ChimoJR
April 16th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Hi everyone. I have a 5 yr old male Pyrenees who appears to be healthy in all respects after my visit to the vet. Unfortunately about 3 wks ago, he started bringing up his food (Pedigree Dry) He's been on it for 4 yrs without any problem until now. I have him on a bland diet of boiled hamburger and rice which he loves and keeps down. When I try and introduce a little of his dry food, it's about a 50-50 chance he brings it up later. Tried a different brand (Alpo) and (Purina for mature dogs) but the same results. Could he suddenly have developed a food intolerance?:confused:

Shamrock
April 16th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Hello ChimoJR, welcome to the forum!
I hope you will enjoy it here, love to see a photo of your dog.:)

Have you been in contact with your vet since the vomiting up the food began?
He could have developed an intolerance, but as been eating the Pedigree for 4 years, it could be something else as well.

As you are trying new brands of food, I'd suggest a gradual switching over to a more nutritous brand.
Pedigree, Alpo and Purina are all widely considered low quality food for dogs.

If you look in on the dog and cat food forum, you can read about the differences in commercial pet foods, and how feeding a premium brand will benefit your dog in many ways.:highfive:

Good luck with your boy, hope a solution is at hand for his vomiting problem.:fingerscr

White Wolf
April 16th, 2007, 04:16 PM
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=39261
Double post. Closed to avoid confusion.