Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello, I'm new here and a new puppy mommy!

Flipgirl
April 16th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Hello, I'm Flipgirl and am a new puppy mommy....I bought a little girl Shi-Bi (a mix of Shih-tzu and Bichon Frise) a month and a half ago and she's brought me such joy and love into my life, I wish I had gotten a dog a long time ago. Now I want all kinds of dogs! I originally wanted a Whoodle (Wheaten terrier and poodle) but I thought my apartment would be too small for it. I have a friend who has one and he's just the most playful, sweet guy! My girl's name is Kiri, which, as I found on the internet, means 'Mighty' in Cambodian - my dad, who passed away in 2002, was Cambodian so I wanted a Cambodian name. I hope that internet site was right! Anyway, she is the sweetest puppy but she definitely has a mind of her own! She's taken 2 obedience classes so far and well, she won't be in the top ten as she is too interested in meeting the other dogs and owners to learn. She's smart though. So anyway, I will be interested in learning of everyone else's experiences and if anyone else has a shi-bi, (in the US, they call it a Shichon or Zuchon?), I'd love to talk to you!

mummummum
April 16th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Welcome to the board and please post pix ~ we love puppies, especially the mutts !

technodoll
April 16th, 2007, 09:18 PM
oh yes, pics please! the mixed mutts are soo cute! :goodvibes:

Prin
April 16th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Welcome to the board! :) We do love mutts here. :) Yours sounds like a real sweetie.

rainbow
April 17th, 2007, 02:07 AM
Welcome to the forum. Yes, mutts are the best :cloud9: ....please post pics of yours. :D

happycats
April 17th, 2007, 07:28 AM
welcome!!:)

Pic's please!

BusterBoo
April 17th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Hi and welcome to the board!

I also have a tzu/bichon named Buster. Buster will be one yr old on Apr 23rd and has been a real joy to have around. He hasn't been the easiest to train but is coming along nicely now. I am not sure if it is a tzu/bichon trait but he is definitely a barker and is just now getting the hang of potty training! :D

Here's a couple of pictures of him - one is when he was 3 months old and the other is at 11 months old!

Hope you enjoy your furbaby!

chico2
April 17th, 2007, 07:57 AM
What a little cutie Buster is:lovestruck:
We need to see Kiri too..

TeriM
April 20th, 2007, 02:07 AM
Welcome to the forum and I'll also chime in with a request for pics :) .