Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

snowstorm from h3ll!!!

technodoll
April 15th, 2007, 09:30 PM
OMG!!! help!! 3rd snowstorm in 2 weeks!!! and THAT beats a record :eek: :mad: :yell: :sad:

already 5 deaths in the eastern US because of this storm, over 400 cancelled flights, it's only starting to come down and the snow is thick, the winds violent, there are red-flag media warnings to stay home!

i'm gonna cry :sad:

Prin
April 15th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Well, the weather network downgraded it from 25 cms to 10-15.... It's snowing pretty hard here. :highfive:

I'm sorry people aren't handling it well, but I really do enjoy these mini blizzards. :sorry:

technodoll
April 15th, 2007, 09:34 PM
to put in in perspective, i don't mind snowstorms either... in WINTER!!! not in LATE SPRING!! :mad:

Prin
April 15th, 2007, 09:37 PM
I like them in late spring... You get a blizzard, play in the snow, and then the next day, it's sunny and 10 again.. :cloud9: :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
April 15th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Late spring is the best time, TD. It melts faster, and the ground underneath is thawed enough so more of it soaks in. Very beneficial :thumbs up

And it'll be over soon... :grouphug:

coppperbelle
April 15th, 2007, 09:39 PM
I'm with TD on this one. This is freaken depressing.

jiorji
April 15th, 2007, 09:52 PM
it is depressing but so's the snowstorm...i mean...it's all wet and those flakes won't make it past noon tomorrow:evil:

technodoll
April 15th, 2007, 09:54 PM
we're supposed to be spring cleaning, airing the house, no more mud, planting gardens, keeping clean dogs and clean cars, walking around in shoes and light jackets... sigh. :sad: this is messy, cold, muddy, crappy and disgusting. mother nature can take her stoopid weather and shove it IMO! :evil:

jiorji
April 15th, 2007, 09:57 PM
mother nature can take her stoopid weather and shove it IMO! :evil:

SHE DIDN'T MEAN IT!! you can stop melting the glaciers now!!:o TD does love you and is sorry ok??? :o

Prin
April 15th, 2007, 10:14 PM
It's ok. I have enough enthusiasm for this weather to balance out Techno's negativity.:D

The snow is sooo pretty. My (chivalrous) man made me go clean the satellite dish and the snow is so soft and fluffy. :cloud9: :cloud9: And it's so quiet outside. :cloud9:

technodoll
April 15th, 2007, 10:26 PM
here we have roaring snowplows, beeping angry busses, skidding vehicles and honking, it's a mess. the commute to work tomorrow morning will be a nightmare for thousands of people.

APRIL, people, APRIL!! enough already with the damn snow :yell:

LynLyn
April 15th, 2007, 10:30 PM
I'm with TD, why why why????????? Not in April!!!! Blech, i'm so sick of snow, is this normal?

Prin
April 15th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah, apparently a lot of people are spinning out.. :o

jiorji
April 15th, 2007, 10:31 PM
for TD:D

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/guineaPIGgirl/Picture807685263h.jpg

Prin
April 15th, 2007, 10:33 PM
I'm with TD, why why why????????? Not in April!!!! Blech, i'm so sick of snow, is this normal?

The year I came home from Ireland, it was hot and sunny one day and then a storm rolled in and left 45 cms of snow. :) That was April 15th, 2000. I remember. :D

technodoll
April 15th, 2007, 11:00 PM
a beach... aahh... like a nice warm hug! yey!

thanks i needed that :cloud9:

Lynlyn you should see an increase in alcohol served this week!! :eek: :p

LynLyn
April 15th, 2007, 11:08 PM
I'm fully expecting an increase in alcohol consumption this week, only it'll be me!! consuming it!

Prin
April 16th, 2007, 01:27 PM
But it makes for great pics!

Check out my clothesline at 4AM:
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/Princi9009/Jemma%20and%20Boo%20MarAprMay%202007/IMG_7984_1.jpg

technodoll
April 16th, 2007, 01:46 PM
awesome photo, prin! :thumbs up

just wish the timeframe was January or something instead :frustrated: :o

breeze
April 16th, 2007, 01:54 PM
love the picture

but I have to agree with TD
YUK YUK YUK

Prin
April 16th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Ah no. :D It's fine. A little windy though. :D

breeze
April 16th, 2007, 02:30 PM
A little windy is an understatment

Bree wanted to go out so I took her, almost got blown over by the wind :eek: 69k and gusts 81k OMG :eek: :eek:
she loved it but I sure didn't when will it end :yell: :frustrated:

Hunter's_owner
April 16th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Sounds like real Newfoundland type wind:eek:

I have been thinking about you guys all day. It isn't very nice here, but I kept telling myself it could be worse, we could be getting what Montreal's getting!
Hopefully it will not hit us:fingerscr Sorry Prin, I am with everyone else, snow storms are great...in the winter;) . April is no time for snow!

Hopefully your weather will change for the better real soon.

We are hoping to see a high of 5 sometime before the end of the month:rolleyes:

meb999
April 16th, 2007, 02:47 PM
already 5 deaths in the eastern US because of this storm,
It was almost 6 last night :eek: I almost got KILLED on the road.

Long story short : car broke on the highway, pulled over (miraculously), got out to fix the problem (stupidly), and a car that was spining out missed my by a few inches....A FEW INCHES!!! I felt the bumber on my thigh (probably just the wind of it....but still....)

I'll take some beachy warm weather please :cool:

breeze
April 16th, 2007, 02:57 PM
It was almost 6 last night :eek: I almost got KILLED on the road.

Long story short : car broke on the highway, pulled over (miraculously), got out to fix the problem (stupidly), and a car that was spining out missed my by a few inches....A FEW INCHES!!! I felt the bumber on my thigh (probably just the wind of it....but still....)

:eek: :eek: I'm glad you are ok :)

technodoll
April 16th, 2007, 03:20 PM
OMG :eek: MEB :eek: that is horrible! you almost gave me a heart-attack there! :grouphug: so glad you are ok... light a candle for your guardian angel :angel:

RolandsMom
April 16th, 2007, 04:19 PM
i just read about the nasty weather you guys have been having and thought i better find out if everyone is okay! I havent been around cause Roland is still not with me, but i wanted to check in and see how all you east coasters are doing!!! sorry for you for the bad weather. im sure that you are totally sick of it by now!
:fingerscr that spring arrives soon!!!

Shamrock
April 16th, 2007, 04:48 PM
meb, how awful!! Talk about a close call! :eek: Thank God you werent injured.

I sure sympathize with the terrible conditions you are facing. By the time April rolls around, cant help but be pretty weary of harsh storms wreaking havoc.:sad: :mad:

Stay safe, everyone!:goodvibes:

JanM
April 16th, 2007, 08:08 PM
I'd like to say - move to Vancouver Island but our weather is crappy too - way too cool for this time of year and way too much rain too. But - we do have flowers blooming and right now the sun is shining and it's 10 degrees :)
Beats H### out of putting up with snow at this time of year!

Prin
April 16th, 2007, 08:21 PM
:grouphug: for meb... Next time, take off your push up bra so you're not so distracting. :D

(it's funny because you're safe now :fingerscr ;))

raingirl
April 16th, 2007, 08:35 PM
(is it just me...or is there no storm?? we had nice weather here...i don't remember any storms)

jiorji
April 16th, 2007, 08:41 PM
(is it just me...or is there no storm?? we had nice weather here...i don't remember any storms)

the weather varies from Quebec to Ontario:cool:

LynLyn
April 16th, 2007, 09:23 PM
meb thank goodness you're ok!! no more getting out of cars on snowy days!! (except at destination of course):o

meb999
April 17th, 2007, 01:49 PM
:grouphug: for meb... Next time, take off your push up bra so you're not so distracting. :D

mwahahaaa!!

Thanks everyone! :grouphug: Stupid snow...