Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi....I have a question about kittens

Grn_Eyes21
April 15th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Hello.....

I have a stray cat who had her kittens in an old car in my back yard....now the kittens are 5 weeks old and I just wanted to make sure they were alright...and make sure they were extra warm.

They got scared and started to go under the car seat. The mama cat went in and I noticed that 4 out of the 5 kitties came out to feed on her...I still don't see the other one....I hope it comes out...I am worried that the poor thing will not be able to eat. I can't go back in there.....or else they will go back under the seat again. What should I do??

BMDLuver
April 15th, 2007, 07:40 AM
As they were born outside and the mother cat is an outdoor cat, possibly feral or semi, it's best at this time to allow her to care for her kittens without interruption. Unless you are willing to trap them all and bring them inside? In the interim, you can leave fresh food and water to help mom cat keep feeding her little ones.

Grn_Eyes21
April 15th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Hi there....

Thank you for replying. I have been feeding her and giving her water every day...for a long time now.

I Just hope the kitten finds it's way out.

Grn_Eyes21
April 15th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Just wanted to let you know that the kitten did finally come out from under the seat...Thank God!! :thumbs up I am going to leave them alone for now.

rainbow
April 17th, 2007, 01:48 AM
I'm glad the kitten came back out. Does the mother cat let you pet her? If so, please get her spayed as soon as possible. :fingerscr