Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New member, new dog

Dragon
April 14th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Hi! I'm new too... in fact so not computer-literate that I don't even know how to create my own "thread" and just replying to someones!! I don't get my little doggie until tomorrow, so I want to get some advice from all you "experts"... He's a 8 month old lhapso/terrier... supposed to be tiny, only 5 or so pounds, trained, but not fixed. I am excited, but anxious because I've never had a dog... I've already done some research on a vet, shots etc... but need advise for food/training/bonding issues... if anyone can throw some advice my way, I'd really appreciate it... going to pick him up in the am!! thanks!!

mummummum
April 14th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Welcome to the board Dragon. I can hardly wait to see pix of your new puppy. If love and life-long learning makes us "experts" then you've certainly come to the right place for support and suggestions. Make sure to check out all of our forums. But don't EVEN think about posting again until we see a pic of your new furbaby !:laughing: :laughing: ;)

TeriM
April 15th, 2007, 01:40 AM
Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your new pup. I would recommend having him fixed ASAP. For food you should probably start with whatever he is being fed now as a new home will likely be a little stressful for him. Once he is settled then look at holistic brands like Innova, Canidae, Timberwolf, Orijen etc. The food forum has lots of great advice.

The bonding will happen naturally, a good obedience class is always a great idea and is very useful in the bonding process. Remember to be consistant and patient. Good luck.

rainbow
April 17th, 2007, 01:57 AM
Welcome to the forum. You must be so involved with your new little guy right now :cloud9: but please don't forget to post pics. :D

I agree with Teri about getting him neutered right away and the obedience school is a great idea. If he's not being fed a premium/holistic food please check out the food forum for suggestions (the ones Teri posted are great choices) and remember to switch him slowly.

If you have any questions please post them in the appropriate forums. :)

happycats
April 17th, 2007, 06:17 AM
WELCOME!!!!
And good luck with your new pup.....you will find this board a great resource, and there a some very knowledgeable people here!:)