Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello!

Moxigirl
April 13th, 2007, 06:13 PM
I wanted to say HI! I have a great dog named Moxi. She is a 2 year old mixed breed girl. Part lab part anything else.:D I'm worried about her, cause she seems to not be able to lift or wag her tail. I can touch it and tug it and move it. It doesnt seem to hurt her. She just gets her tail partly up and the rest goes limp. Its a bit strange. Can anyone help?

SableCollie
April 13th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Hi, and welcome to the forums! :)

It is not normal for a dog's tail to be paralyzed like that, you should call your vet and make an appointment to have her seen.

I hope everything turns out ok! :fingerscr

Moxigirl
April 14th, 2007, 09:33 PM
:thumbs up I made an appointment for Monday and today she has already shown signs of improvement. She's lifting and waging her tail. It still seems to have a kink in it but its much better than yesterday. I am very optimistic.

TeriM
April 15th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Welcome to the forum. We'd love to see a pic of your Moxi :) . Glad to hear that she is doing better but a quick vet check would still be a good idea.

Prin
April 15th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Did she go swimming recently? Labs can get "cold tail" which sounds like what you describe...

Welcome to the board, btw. :)

Moxigirl
April 15th, 2007, 01:10 PM

I'm having trouble sizing my images but here she is

rainbow
April 17th, 2007, 01:46 AM
Welcome to the forum. How's Moxi today? What did the vet say? Hope to see bigger pics of her. :D

happycats
April 17th, 2007, 06:19 AM
Welcome!:)

Moxigirl
April 18th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Moxi has a sprained tail. The doctor says its very common. She could have hit it on something or accidently had it closed in a door. She is going to be just fine:thumbs up . Thank you so much for welcoming me :D

hazelrunpack
April 19th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Welcome to the forum, Moxigirl! Glad to hear there was nothing seriously wrong with Moxi's tail! Its tail is a dog's pride and joy, y'know! :D