Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Never call your dog your "heart"....

Purpledomino
April 13th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Okay... a few weeks back, my Minpin Emmy got seriously ill from what we think was an accidental poisoning, of what, we do not know. She has since recovered :thumbs up following a stay at the emergency vet, but as you all can imagine, it was an extremely stressful time.

I am very, very attached to this dog... and, in a weak moment said to my husband at the time she was at the hospital and I was worried sick... " I can't lose her, she is my HEART".

Funny how some seemingly innocent comments will bite you in the butt after, because now my little dog is referred to as the "Heart". For example..." Honey, your "Heart" needs to go outside for a poop". Or "Do I need to pick up some food on my way home for your "Heart"?

Man, I feel kind of stupid now. :o

Maya
April 14th, 2007, 01:53 AM
Awww, i'd probably say ya know what THATS ENOUGH ALREADY!!!.:) I can see the temptation to tease though, I tend to "bug" my b/f a little too much which he recently pointed out so i've toned it down. Glad your Emmy recovered.:cloud9: They are kind of like our heart since they break it when we lose them.:love:

HunterXHunter
April 14th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Hehe, well I'm glad to hear your "Heart" has recovered :clown: <--- I've always wanted to use that clown...

Prin
April 14th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Aww... It's sweet. Too bad hubber makes fun of you though. :rolleyes: :D