Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Best cleaning product to eliminate Pet odurs

tie-dye
April 13th, 2007, 04:59 PM
There is so many products on the market to eliminate pet odours. Which is the best to use? is there something that is out there that is enviromently freindly and pet freindly. Does anyone know of a homemade solution?

SableCollie
April 13th, 2007, 05:05 PM
You can sprinkle baking soda on your carpets before vacuuming, as it is good for eliminating odors. And you can use a vinegar solution to surface clean, 1 part vinegar to 1 part water, it does smell "vinegary" at first, but the smell evaporates and takes other odors with it. Just don't use it on marble surfaces. You can clean basically anything in your house with baking soda, vinegar, or a mild dish detergent. And it's cheap!!!

tie-dye
April 13th, 2007, 05:09 PM
does it work with cat urine? I do not have carpets in my house, it has those tile type flooring:yuck:
I find it very hard to clean and the peoplethat lived here before had a cat and it seems my guy is attracked to the spot..

SableCollie
April 13th, 2007, 05:28 PM
You can get cleaners such as Nature's Miracle, which are natural enzyme cleaners formulated for pet stains. I've used vinegar on urine stains before, but that was years ago, I don't remember if it worked or not!