Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Golf Tournament

raingirl
April 13th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Does anyone here play golf??

We want to do a small, unofficial, for fun only golf tournement for the employees at our office. There are about 140 people max, but we are open 24 hours, so some people will be working, and definately not everyone will go. I estimate about 50 people max will attend.

We want to do something like arrange teams of 4 people for 9 or 18 holes. We have a SMALL budget, so we figure we will have to sell tickets at about $20 a piece max. Then we want to do some kind if buffet dinner after.

Anyone ever arranged something like this before? anyone gold in the Toronto area who could recommend a good course? We like the public ones the city has, but we would have to travel elsewhere for food after. Also, not everyone has cars, so it has to be accessible by transit.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Most of the people here are young (early to late 20's). We want it to be fun fun fun!

Byrd
April 13th, 2007, 07:03 PM
OMG that's so weird! We were just talking about this today!

Every year my clinic does this. We go to Harmony Creek Golf Course and play 18 holes. We do teams of 4-6, people pic and name their own teams. After we have a nice dinner and prizes. The cost for doctors is $60 and for staff is $30, we have to rent our own carts and clubs (which is about $25 and $12).

I've never gone because I don't play golf, but I'm going this year. I've never played, and this really doesn't matter as a lot of people don't (no one on my team does), but apparently it's fun, fun, fun. Laughing at each other is the best part.

We are going June 6th @ 1:00 this year.

Puppyluv
April 13th, 2007, 07:47 PM
I don't liek to golf,but my parents and brother are devotees, so I often find mysef dragged along.
In my experience, the most enjoyable fun "tournaments" involve "special holes". This means that some holes have goals other than the normal ones.
Some common holes are:
closest to the pin (on hole X, whoever gets their ball cosest to the pin before sinking their ball wins)

Longest Drive-You will need a system to record this. Either leave markers at the tee box, and the team can mark their own farthest ball, or else have someone at the hole to do it

Hole in one- choose a par 3 and if anyone gets a hole in one they get a prize

Lowest team score for a given hole

Then have prizes for best individual score, and best team score for the whole course.

I found that things like these make it fun for everyone, from the golf afficionados, to the not so hot.