Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need options for watching Odin in a few weeks.

raingirl
April 13th, 2007, 10:47 AM
I'm going to a 50th wedding anniversay in Chatham ontario in 2 weeks. It's on a saturday night, so I likely won't be able to drive back to toronto after.

I am having trouble finding someone to watch Odin, since we can't bring him with us (will be crashing at my BF's relatives house who won't allow it).

I don't trust my roommates to do it (besides, they will probably be gone too). I asked the people we boarded him with recently, and they are booked already. I asked my sister to, but she doesnt want to come all the way to Etobicoke from Scarborough by transit (she's lazy, even though I offered to pay her). My other sisters can't. I could at the vets, but he would be in a cage all night, which is sad.

Any ideas? There is a pet friendly quality in in chatham...I could bring odin with us, but do you think he would be ok in the room alone while we are gone?

jessi76
April 13th, 2007, 11:02 AM
if it's just for one night, I'd probably opt for using the vet. yes, it's sad he'll be in a kennel all night, but on the upside, he'll be safe and taken care of. it's one less thing to worry about. if it were longer than one night, I'd try to arrange something else.

breeze
April 13th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Maybe the people you boarded him with could give you a name of someone they trust and used before?? there has to be a dogsitter somewhere no?? maybe your local vet could give you a name??

SnowDancer
April 13th, 2007, 06:26 PM
I would leave Odin with the vet for the night if you can't find someone reliable. When the lady who boards my dog when we are away was departing for her vacation the day before we arrived home, she took him to our vet - not the best as he prefers home boarding - but he was safe which is really what matters most. I would most definitely not leave Odin alone in a hotel room.

mummummum
April 13th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Well, there you go ~ I would bring him with me! But only provided that: he is okay in the car, Quality Inn allows him to remain alone in the room and you have a crate which you can use while you are actually at the wedding and reception in the evening. Afterall, you will have to leave in the early afternoon on Saturday and won't likely arrive back in Toronto until mid-to-late afternoon. That's a long time to be in a kennel. :2cents: