Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

very few people switched foods

wdawson
April 11th, 2007, 10:53 PM
http://www.torontosun.com/News/Canada/2007/04/11/3981319-sun.html

technodoll
April 11th, 2007, 11:09 PM
In the online survey, 3% of respondents said they would feed pets other brands, 4% plan to make their own and 5% said they will stick with Menufoods products.

totally sad and depressing, the petfood companies sure did a good job of brainwashing the public (no thanks to dense vets) :sad: i guess reality will only slap some morons in the face when their own pet gets seriously ill or dies.

but seriously, somebody should tell Danny Haig-Carter that red dobermans are not "rare", it's the 2nd most popular and accepted color in the breed! man, i hate ignorance :frustrated:

Prin
April 11th, 2007, 11:20 PM
7%, eh? 7% of whom? The people who feed the food or people in general? The article's not too clear...

Considering the holistic stores here say they have 10% of the market, any little boost helps. :shrug: Better some than none. :o

Maya
April 12th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Morons everywhere, it doesn't surprise me or it wouldn't if not many people switch. There are signs up about it at London Drugs and I was asking a cashier if she saw many returns, she hadn't seen any.:confused: Maybe they just throw it away.:shrug: Keep feeding it?

Jellybean
April 13th, 2007, 10:38 AM
I know a person whose kitten died just before the recall - of kidney failure.
They, of course, were devastated and couldn't imagine what could have caused her kidneys to fail. When the food they had been using was on the recall list, they got rid of the cartons of cat food they had. Others probably did the same thing. They now have a new kitten and keep checking the pet food recall website for additional recalls. It's very sad.
:mad:

Mom_Of_Two_Dogs
April 13th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Morons everywhere, it doesn't surprise me or it wouldn't if not many people switch. There are signs up about it at London Drugs and I was asking a cashier if she saw many returns, she hadn't seen any.:confused: Maybe they just throw it away.:shrug: Keep feeding it?

I'm thinking they're just throwing it away as well.

I hope.

SableCollie
April 13th, 2007, 07:19 PM
...or they are donating it to animal shelters...woman dropped off a whole bag of Alpo Prime Cuts today. Gee thanks lady. She left before we opened the bag, I'm assuming she was unaware of the recall.

glitterless
April 14th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Most people don't question human foods, let alone pet foods. This recall has scared a lot of people, but they don't realize that unrecalled food could be and likely is just as dangerous as what's been recalled.

I think we're just seeing the beginning of this recall. We are all ingesting harmful chemicals in most foods that we eat. We need to stop relying on our governments to feed us and tell us that what we're eating is safe. Do a quick Google search on a popular food preservative and you'll learn a lot.

I'm glad that people are finally realizing the dangers of trans fats, but that is only the beginning. And pet foods? Most people aren't even thinking about that. It's not because they don't love their pets, it's because they simply don't realize what their pets are eating.