Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

In need of a rescue

Frenchy
April 11th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Somebody just contacted me, a pregnant Beagle was found :sad: ..... is there any rescue who could take her ? :pray: Or any advice ?

wdawson
April 11th, 2007, 10:22 PM
i'm sure you tried petfinder...you try a google search on beagles?...even ontario

Frenchy
April 11th, 2007, 10:25 PM
i'm sure you tried petfinder...

Not yet. I know there isn't any Beagle rescue here but I send e-mails to a few rescues in Quebec. If that doesn't work, I will try Ontario ones.

Hunter's_owner
April 12th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Frenchy, I was wondering if maybe you could try contacting Beagle Paws, they operate out of NL, but also in Alberta and BC.
PM me for info if you like...

Frenchy
April 12th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Thanks HO for the link, I'm waiting to hear from a few people first, this little girl has a lot of people working for her ! Here a pic, she's so cute :cloud9:

Frenchy
April 12th, 2007, 07:56 PM
One more thing, they think she's not pregnant but rather in heat...

Hunter's_owner
April 12th, 2007, 08:32 PM
oh my goodness, she is a cutie:cloud9:

TeriM
April 12th, 2007, 08:35 PM
One more thing, they think she's not pregnant but rather in heat...

Fingers crossed that is true :fingerscr . Good luck to the cutie :goodvibes: .

Furbaby Momma
April 13th, 2007, 11:16 AM
This Beagle is in GG's care, if anyone can help with transporting the Beagle to me I would be very happy to foster her and find her a home.

Frenchy
April 13th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Are you near the Quebec frontier ?

Furbaby Momma
April 13th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Frenchy I am in Hearst, Ontario...way up in the North.
I know that I am quite a distance away but maybe a transport could be set up to get her to me.

If someone can't take her in Quebec, I am more than happy to help. :love:

Frenchy
April 13th, 2007, 12:39 PM
I will ask my rescue...we never know ? :goodvibes:

Rottielover
April 13th, 2007, 01:10 PM
would love to, but I am only going up that way in May......

Furbaby Momma
April 13th, 2007, 01:11 PM
:fingerscr for helping this sweet Beagle. :love:

Thank You Frenchy for all that you do in helping animals in need, you are an angel. :angel:

Frenchy
April 13th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Unfortunatly, we didn't find any rescue that could take her. But GG talked to Mister spca mtl and they will take her and take care of her. She mention to him that lots of people tried to help and will expect updates , kind of a "we will be watching you" warning ;)

Cookiesmom
April 13th, 2007, 09:30 PM
I don't want to sound any alarms, but was the Mtl SPCA the only choice? Did you try Rosie's Animal Adoption in Montreal? They are very good.

Frenchy
April 13th, 2007, 09:32 PM
I don't want to sound any alarms, but was the Mtl SPCA the only choice? Did you try Rosie's Animal Adoption in Montreal? They are very good.

Yes I did try Rosie's and all the other rescues in Quebec, either they're full or they can't take her if she's pregnant or in heat. :sad:

Cookiesmom
April 13th, 2007, 09:43 PM
That's too bad. She is a beautiful beagle and she looks young? Please keep us posted. I am keeping my fingers crossed she finds a loving forever home:fingerscr :pray:

Furbaby Momma
April 14th, 2007, 11:01 AM
The Beagle was not brought to the SPCA, it was a last resort idea to which GG had arranged for the Beagle to be in their care for the 5 day holding period for a lost dog. This was for GG to have time to be able to find a rescue, or a possible transport, or better yet a home for the Beagle.

Which I am happy to report...GG found a wonderful, forever home for the Beagle, with a loving family and a kitty cat to share her life with. :cloud9:

Pets.ca is wonderful, all the rescuers are awsome....we pulled together and found a doggie a home. :thumbs up

We can make a difference together :love:

Frenchy
April 14th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Which I am happy to report...GG found a wonderful, forever home for the Beagle, with a loving family and a kitty cat to share her life with. :cloud9:

woohoo ! Great news ! :highfive:

chico2
April 14th, 2007, 04:37 PM
That's great news!
We've all heard very conflicting stories about the MSPCA,but maybe Barnoti is more careful now,he's been in the news a few times.:confused:
Still I am really happy the beagle did not have to go there,hopefully she'll have a wonderful life with the lady GG found:pray:

Cookiesmom
April 14th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Great news! I am very pleased this story has a happy ending. Congratulations for a job well done to all those involved:thumbs up