Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Some People are SO IGNORANT

Loves Labs
April 11th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Ugh.

I often look at the classifieds at all of the rage-inducing ads for unwanted dogs...we all know what I am talking about.

Sometimes I will reply to ads looking for a dog and suggest a local rescue, especially if I know there is a dog that fits their description available for adoption.

So I come across an ad looking for a female white boxer. This ad has been posted again and again, almost daily. So I probably should have minded my own business...but I can't resist trying to steer people clear of all of the BYB on there. So I kindly reply suggesting the girl check some boxer rescues...

I immediately get a response "I want a puppy, not a full grown mistreated dog..."

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

SableCollie
April 11th, 2007, 01:43 PM
What a stupid person!!!!!!

I hate looking at the classifieds, but I always end up doing it anyway. All the backyard breeders and pet store ads, plus all of the "free to a good home" ads. :mad:

I have had people tell me "Oh I wouldn't want to adopt a dog, I want to get a puppy really young so I can train it and it will only bond with me." Because apparently dogs that may have bonded with other people in the past are no good...never mind the fact that in approximately 1 year, they will be surrendering their darling puppy to me because "I don't have time/he is out of control/I am pretending that I am moving to give myself an excuse to get rid of this dog".

mummummum
April 13th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Yup, that's why I don't look at ANY ads regarding animals. I won't go on petfinder either ~ it's all too heartbreaking.

Frenchy
April 13th, 2007, 08:19 PM
I immediately get a response "I want a puppy, not a full grown mistreated dog..."

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

:mad: mistreated dog , stupid , ignorant people , she probably thinks all dogs in shelters and spca are there because they are bad dogs too :mad:

coppperbelle
April 15th, 2007, 03:49 PM
You wouldn't believe how many requests we get for a puppy from our next litter. :mad:
I guess they just can't grasp the concept of RESCUE. Helloo, we are a rescue group. We don't breed dogs, we save them.

joeysmama
April 15th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Joey was a "full grown mistreated dog" and he bonded with me so tightly it broke my heart. It was as if I was his lifeline. Which I guess I was. I can't imagine being loved more than I was loved by that poor dog.

These stupid people don't know what they are passing up.

Loves Labs
April 17th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Well get this -
She responds to my passionate reply about the purpose of rescues and my frustration with unnecessary and careless breeding and how her view of "rescued" dogs seems very close-minded and well, ignorant...

She tells me that she works for "several local rescues" and the humane society, etc, etc.

RIGHT. :mad:

And if this is actually true...well I will just bite my tongue now. :frustrated: