Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dog aggressive on leash

gooddogr
April 13th, 2004, 12:13 PM
My dog, Gane, used to be a pretty "free" dog. We had a yard, we had access to a multi-acre off leash park, we lived on the beach with miles of open space. Our life has turned to doo-doo. We now live in the suburbs of Portland in an apartment - UGH! Gane has to be on a leash at all times and is quite aggressive to other dogs whenever one comes close to her (or if I do sneak an off-leash poddy session she will go running after and snapping at any other dog in sight who happens to be on leash - I KNOW - BAD OWNER!) But she used to be so friendly, so sweet.
:(

Lucky Rescue
April 13th, 2004, 06:24 PM
On leash aggression is not uncommon, and your dog has gone through some pretty stressful changes too!

This article might be of use to you:
ON leash aggression (http://www.flyingdogpress.com/onldagg.html)

gooddogr
April 14th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Thank you SO much for your reply and all of the other articles available on this site. I am eternally grateful. I kind of figured the problem was really ME and my ignorance, and the ignorance of other dog owners. I want to print out these articles and display them at the entrance to the dog parks we frequent, making it mandatory to read them before entering!!!!

Excuse me while I go read some more...:rolleyes: