Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Kitty steps in her poop.

Hammermeister
April 9th, 2007, 06:18 PM
We are going to get a larger litter box, but she is such a small kitten I don't know why she is stepping in her own work.

Bella is 9 weeks old and everytime she visits the litter box, she tracks not only litter (we are going to try some crystal litter) but also manages to step in her own poop and it gets in between her little toes and in her hair, yuck!

Please help, she has been nice and easy to wash up but it turns into a chore cleaning her up all the time, not to mention the trails of poop she leaves around the house. We scoop daily, and she doesnt dig much or kick litter out. but it seems unavoidable.
I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to step in it either!
Thanks!

RolandsMom
April 9th, 2007, 06:28 PM
lol. Roland (whos 7.5 months) still does that every now and then. only a real problem when its soft. what litter are you using now? crystals i would thing are not the best thing in the world. i use the pine sawdust type stuff. the tracking in much less than the clay and i guess its a lot more like sand than anything else.

rainbow
April 9th, 2007, 07:22 PM
It's a "kitten thing" and they outgrow it. Don't use the clumping litter with a kitten because if they ingest it accidentally it can be fatal.

clm
April 9th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Yep, it's a kitten thing. Another couple of weeks and she'll have more coordination. She's still pretty clumsy at 9 weeks.

Cindy

Hammermeister
April 16th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Thanks all. Yes shes been good lately. Although the crystals dont last near what they say they should.... LAME
My wife is teaching her to enjoy kitty pajamas!

rainbow
April 17th, 2007, 12:51 AM
Kitty pyjamas? ....we want pics. :D